Ceraius

Shadow - Tier 3 talents and leveling

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Herro!

So I'm finding myself in the situation of leveling myself a shadow priest, and I'm contemplating between FDCL and SaI talents on the third tier.

Solace and Insanity to my understanding is more damage, and I intend to use this at 90, but in the leveling process (especially the early levels) things tend to die fast. Too fast for Insanity to be of much use. 

So I'm thinking if FDCL and the added bursty damage could be more beneficial for leveling. 

Mindbender wouln't be a bad choice either I reckon, but buffing a temporary minion doesn't really add to the fun factor.

Thoughts or ideas?

If insanity kills things too fast, they won't live long enough for FDCL to proc. with FDCL you need to have at least 3 things dotted for it to be all taht great.

insanity will be there if you need it to really slam some damage into something. if you are below level 80 you may want to go disc. its hilarious if you have heirlooms and windsong. your shields are OP, you heal by killing things and you will do more damage than a shadow until 80. i would q as dps and healer and healers would complain that they wouldnt get to do anything if i didnt go shadow. dont trust them, just kill everything as an invincible disc.

if you go disc, FDCL is pretty awesome.

Yeah, I'm mostly considering FDCL from a mass dotting standpoint. 

And I'm probably sticking to shadow to get aquainted with the spec and its mechanics while leveling so I don't feel lost at higher levels if i switch from another spec. Disc is too faceroll anyways :D

shadow priest dot timers is very nice, and so is gnosis. gnosis guestimates when your channeled spells tick so you can clip flay with optimal timing. this is really nice for insanity.

I have that feature baseline in ElvUI, and I intend to try and compare the dot timers addon and the priest plugin for affdots and see which suits me better and go with that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ashiraya
      Hello! My priest https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/argent-dawn/lilein has amassed quite the collection of trinkets and I am not sure which ones to pick. 
      I have:
      925 Naraxas' Spiked Tongue with socket
      910 int/haste stat stick with speed
      915 Tarnished Sentinel Medallion
      915 Terror From Below
      915 Charm of the Rising Tide
      Which ones are best? I usually look at the guides for this kind of thing but strangely the spriest guide lacks trinket recommendations. :(
    • By Akezhar
      So I just got my Rogue to 110 on Monday and plan on raiding soon. But  I am a bit unhappy about Vigor not being an option. Every guide I found put the other two talents above it. I really like playing with Vigor, this might just be because my gear is still kinda bad and messed up(850ish), but it feels a lot smoother with Vigor.
      So I wanted to know why excactly the other two are better and by how much. 
      Edit: Sub
    • By Crudetorrent
      Hi, This is about Ice Veins Demonology 100 talent discussion. I'm greatly confused about this, since I can't see any synergy between Ascendance and Soul Conduit. If anyone could clarify this. I've already thought about it having something to do with summons. But it has to do with DE so yeah. Simply can't see the synergy with theese two together.
      Copied right from the 100 talent discussion from Icy Veins:
       Soul Conduit is the best option for single target and light cleave and should be your go-to for most encounters. This talent is only worthwhile if using  Thal'kiel's Ascendance.

• By Demrottens
      Okay so I just started my first WoW player since 2009, and I completed all first mandatory missions and some misions to allow me do certain things like missions to show me how to pet a monster. Then, I skipped everything, me being level 2 undead and went to lvl 13 area (as I usually do in all MMOs) and farmed a bit until lvl 4 then I got bored and accidentally used a zepelin that flew me to Orgrimmar so I took advantage and went to lvl 17 area me being lvl 4 until reach lvl 6 and went to an area with lvl from 17 to IDK lvl and killed one lvl 17 deer then I went to some kind of troll or whatever that was lvlv 20, me being lvl 6 and killed it, I again got bored instantly and went farther through that rollercoaster until I reach the end and monsters there instead of a level have a skull which I assume means their lvl is 15 or 20 lvls more then mine, killed some with ease but I realised I only got 96 EP per kill, which is so little for me being lvl 7 or 6 and needing 5000 EP to levelup
      Do those skull level monsters give only a bit of experience, or all monsters I kill give EP depending on my own level, not on their own? Or is just that WoW works like this and if I kill a lvl 12 monster (twice my lvl, 6 lvls of difference) they would give me like 23 EP? 
      Is it always this hard to level up in WoW?
    • By XvaL
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/azralon/Väl Good evening. I am currently raiding ToS and I see that I am my heal not this "cool" compared to the previous raids .. I am usually rarely getting first in HPS and I have the biggest ilvl of the healers in my group. (Hpriest, Rdruid and Monk). Am I doing something wrong? Or maybe it's because I lost mastery? I remember I was with 118% in the last raid .. I need help please :) I apologize for bad english .. I used a translator