FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Rogue Leveling 1.12 (Classic)

This thread is for feedback concerning our Rogue Leveling guide for World of Warcraft: Classic.

Guest wranks

Section 2.2, there are a couple of typos.

Playing with Daggers will lead to higher DPS in groups, butb when it comes to solo playb it is much more difficult to play if "Frontstabbing" does not work in Classic.

Guest Rogue Man

Why would you use Garrote/backstab as a Sword. You can only use backstab with a dagger. You aren't using a sword/dagger. It's either sword/sword or dagger/dagger. 

20 hours ago, Guest Rogue Man said:

Why would you use Garrote/backstab as a Sword. You can only use backstab with a dagger. You aren't using a sword/dagger. It's either sword/sword or dagger/dagger. 

You start off with the ability to only use daggers and it does say that you use Backstab until you get Weapon Mastery which gives you the ability to use swords.

On 8/14/2019 at 3:04 PM, Guest wranks said:

Section 2.2, there are a couple of typos.

Playing with Daggers will lead to higher DPS in groups, butb when it comes to solo playb it is much more difficult to play if "Frontstabbing" does not work in Classic.

Good catch, thank you!

Guest Dewarz

There's some wrong stuff in this guide. You should be going agi and stam. Spirit is useless and you shouldn't get it. Str is okay if you can't get agi on an item, but it only gives 1 AP per str.

You should be getting imp SS then 5 in malice right away, don't go down the combat tree fully and then get malice.

Daggers isn't necessarily better dps in groups... A good dagger is pretty hard to get and combat swords does a ton more white damage.

On 8/21/2019 at 9:28 PM, Guest Dewarz said:

There's some wrong stuff in this guide. You should be going agi and stam. Spirit is useless and you shouldn't get it. Str is okay if you can't get agi on an item, but it only gives 1 AP per str.

You should be getting imp SS then 5 in malice right away, don't go down the combat tree fully and then get malice.

Daggers isn't necessarily better dps in groups... A good dagger is pretty hard to get and combat swords does a ton more white damage.

It does say that you should be going Agility/Strength very clearly, the note about spirit was to say that it does have a use while leveling. Malice is a strong talent but getting to Blade Flurry/Adrenaline Rush early is also a very strong choice. As for Dagger vs Swords in groups, you are absolutely right that a good dagger is hard to get and the note about white damage for swords, honestly it really does come down to the weapon you have while leveling so I will make sure to put a note about that in. Thank you!

Guest DrunkenWookie

In the talent section (where you can use the slider to change your level and see the progression of the talent trees), the slider for the sword leveling actually has pictures for the dagger leveling.

On 8/27/2019 at 5:12 PM, Guest DrunkenWookie said:

In the talent section (where you can use the slider to change your level and see the progression of the talent trees), the slider for the sword leveling actually has pictures for the dagger leveling.

I might be missing something but it does show the sword leveling build for me.

Guest AnotherDrifter

The talent points on the sword rogue leveling diagram appear different than the points recommended in the specs, builds, and talents section. Not sure if this is intentional.

Guest Ardath

Nice guide, but you didn't mention the need to buy dual wield. If memory serves me, that's pretty important. ?

5 hours ago, Guest Ardath said:

Nice guide, but you didn't mention the need to buy dual wield. If memory serves me, that's pretty important. ?

Good call! I will add that in ASAP.

Guest hurleyburley23

Great guide that I am using so first off, thank you.

I would suggest a great improvement would be made by adding a section on the rogue specific quest lines. 

Poisons are pretty key and a guide to the quest line to unlock them would speed things up for people. more damage, faster killy, faster levelling
Also Lock Picking is cool! 

Guest ako

I don't understand the backstab thing for the sword rogue. I'm 20 now and still can only backstab with daggers. I tried to look up weapon mastery to see when I get it but wasn't able to find anything?

Uncommon Patron

The leveling for the sword rogue should not have "backstab" in it at all. It requires daggers. Otherwise it is working pretty well and I appreciate having this to use.

10 hours ago, share56 said:

The leveling for the sword rogue should not have "backstab" in it at all. It requires daggers. Otherwise it is working pretty well and I appreciate having this to use.

The only reason I have backstab there is because you don't get swords right away. That's why it says "until you get weapon mastery".

On 9/3/2019 at 6:18 AM, Guest hurleyburley23 said:

Great guide that I am using so first off, thank you.

I would suggest a great improvement would be made by adding a section on the rogue specific quest lines. 

Poisons are pretty key and a guide to the quest line to unlock them would speed things up for people. more damage, faster killy, faster levelling
Also Lock Picking is cool! 

That's a good idea! Thank you!

Guest ako
13 hours ago, Abyssalwave said:

The only reason I have backstab there is because you don't get swords right away. That's why it says "until you get weapon mastery".

I would suggest rewording that to say something like "until you are using swords" since as it is currently is not the clearest. Especially since you refer to learning swords as a "weapon skill" elsewhere in the guide rather than weapon mastery which does not appear anywhere else. 

Other than this, great guide.

Guest Improved Sprint

Hi! This guide recommends Improved Sprint as a levelling talent, which is a mistake. Endurance (in the same tier) is the talent that reduces the cooldown of Evasion and Sprint, Improved Sprint is just a CC breaker.

Guest Improved Sprint Icon

Improved Sprint Icon Improved Sprint significantly decreases the cooldown of your movement speed cooldown, which helps when solo questing since travel is a big time sink.

At lvl 22 dagger rogue talents, this info totally wrong. That talent actually something else

Guest Legend

So if youre looking to main swords is it okay to go sword/dagger? The dagger would help you swing faster correct?

Guest Tamales

The sword leveling guide says to use Backstab as part of the rotation but I can't use that ability while using swords.