FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Rogue Leveling 1.12 (Classic)

Guest Ramasees
On 9/8/2019 at 1:04 AM, stevebat said:

Improved sprint merely gives the chance to break all movement impairing effects, the actual talent you want is Endurance

Further to this, in the Daggers part of the guide from lvl 21. I believe you have mixed up Improved Sprint with Endurance, which is to be picked up later on (lvl 35+) as ameans to gain access to the final combat talent.

Guest Ramasees
On 9/8/2019 at 1:04 AM, stevebat said:

Improved sprint merely gives the chance to break all movement impairing effects, the actual talent you want is Endurance

Further to this, in the Daggers part of the guide from lvl 21. I believe you have mixed up Improved Sprint with Endurance, which is to be picked up later on (lvl 35+) as a means to gain access to the final combat talent.

This is very well thought out Rogue guide by the way.

Would also recommend a link towards the bottom for: https://vanilla-wow.fandom.com/wiki/Rogue_equipment This is a detailed list for Rogue-specific equipment, both weapons and armour, ranked by level and "power". Though it doesn't touch on Green drops or Green quest rewards.

Happy stabbing.

Guest Guxtavo

What's the point in purchasing Kick Rank 2 by level 26 in the Combat Dagger build if the only difference is an increase in damage output?

Thanks in advance.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:59 PM, Guest Guxtavo said:

What's the point in purchasing Kick Rank 2 by level 26 in the Combat Dagger build if the only difference is an increase in damage output?

Thanks in advance.

Just the increased damage, if you really want to save gold you can absolutely opt to only buy Rank 1.

Guest Radix

I think getting Endurance and Improved sprint is a mistake; those 5 points should be used to spec into Sword Specialization. Here's why: Endurance barely makes a dent into the total cooldown of Sprint and Evasion, leaving you with 3.5 minute cooldowns that you should be using only when you mess up a mob pull anyway. Improved Sprint is a pvp talent that is questionable even in a pvp build, since vanish does the same thing. Meanwhile, Sword specialization will probably proc multiple times in every fight you get into (especially if you're keeping up slice and dice like the guide recommends),  thus highly increasing your damage output.

Guest Souren

What's the point on buying Backstab if you won't be able to use it because of swords?

On 10/16/2019 at 2:25 PM, Guest Souren said:

What's the point on buying Backstab if you won't be able to use it because of swords?

I added a note that it should be purchased if you still haven't purchased your sword skills from the Weapon Master.

Guest Level 30 Garrotte

The page indicates that you should buy rank 2 Garrote at lvl 30.  It's actually rank 3

Guest Elfonso

Why is there no mention of lock picking on list of skills to train for the dagger rogue leveling guide?  That seems like a skill anyone would want to train at level 16.

It's not said which is better, sharpening stones or poisons, in fact you completely ignore poisons after the class quest. 

Also you could say which stones are better than or worse than poisons at different levels.

In fact Sharpening stones and weightstones are not mentioned anywhere for melee classes.

Edited by Bogmore
Added a bit about stones.

Guest Bubu

I would maybe add macro for Backstab/Ambush to change from sword to dagger lot of users in coment just say that is impossible to backstab with swords but when you pick up relevant dagger why questing / dungeons u can make macro and kill mobs lot faster with ambush + sinister or doing ch better dps in groups/dungeons backstabing (gets worse when you get 5 points into sword mastery) but until then is realy possibility

Guest Wowplayer

How is remorseless strikes left out of this? 40% crit on ambush/backstab after killing a target?? It’s only 2 point. It was the first talent I got using daggers

12 hours ago, Guest Wowplayer said:

How is remorseless strikes left out of this? 40% crit on ambush/backstab after killing a target?? It’s only 2 point. It was the first talent I got using daggers

I updated the build, should see the tree feature Remorseless Strikes right away soon, Thank you!

On 3/14/2021 at 7:49 PM, Guest Bubu said:

I would maybe add macro for Backstab/Ambush to change from sword to dagger lot of users in coment just say that is impossible to backstab with swords but when you pick up relevant dagger why questing / dungeons u can make macro and kill mobs lot faster with ambush + sinister or doing ch better dps in groups/dungeons backstabing (gets worse when you get 5 points into sword mastery) but until then is realy possibility

I will look into that, love the idea, thank you!

Guest MaDuck

Maybe this will help someone who is small brain like me.

If you go for Sword Rogue or have Sword in Main hand, You can't switch offhand dagger with main hand sword with macros.

You need a 2nd dagger in your inventory, which you use Macro to replace with sword (my recommendation is to switch Main with dagger when you enter stealth) and then make Macro for Sinister Strike to equip Sword to main hand before casting ability.

I'm not sure how it'll work in practice, but in theory, if you have two swords in build, your macro would need you to switch both weapons to daggers when stealth and both daggers to swords when doing SInister strike or any other ability you want to continue with from stealth.

On 4/4/2021 at 12:12 PM, TheRealHendo72 said:

As a Rogue, wouldn't 'Pick Lock' be a useful skill to buy?

It is included to be bought at level 16 since the trainer quest gives you access!

On 4/3/2021 at 4:25 AM, Guest MaDuck said:

Maybe this will help someone who is small brain like me.

If you go for Sword Rogue or have Sword in Main hand, You can't switch offhand dagger with main hand sword with macros.

You need a 2nd dagger in your inventory, which you use Macro to replace with sword (my recommendation is to switch Main with dagger when you enter stealth) and then make Macro for Sinister Strike to equip Sword to main hand before casting ability.

I'm not sure how it'll work in practice, but in theory, if you have two swords in build, your macro would need you to switch both weapons to daggers when stealth and both daggers to swords when doing SInister strike or any other ability you want to continue with from stealth.

Thank you very much!