FORUMS
Goonie

Loss streaks.

I keep going on absurd loss streaks.  Been trying to win with a pogo rogue deck this week, so far ignoring opponents conceding on seeing my gold rogue, I am 0/46.  I've followed the guides, picked the best deck from hearthpwn and 0% us the best win rate.

I chose pogo rogue since the warrior deck I'd played to rank 15 kept losing to it, but it is impossible to win with.

Edited by Goonie
Spellinh

I've come to the conclusion that blizzard have preprogrammed it so that it impossible to win with pogo rogue. It is the only intelligent conclusion.

It might be your style of playing that deck.  Can you post a video of one or two of your games with it so we can look and see if you might be making some critical mistakes?

I've been playing since launch if I cannot win one game in over 50 games, pogo rogue is clearly a deck with a set 0% possible win rate.

I'm just annoyed and wondering why blizzard have programmed it so it is impossible for me to win one game with this deck, when they allow other players to win with the same deck.

On 6/20/2019 at 1:52 AM, Goonie said:

I'm just annoyed and wondering why blizzard have programmed it so it is impossible for me to win one game with this deck, when they allow other players to win with the same deck.

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

Seriously though, 0/56 makes no sense, if it is true, forget about replays,  take a break from game. I am not going to watch 56 games of robo-bunny madness either way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I was looking at that Pogo Rogue deck, as EVERY time I have faced one, I get destroyed. 

Now I accept I am still an inexperienced player, but It gets to a point that when someone plays Pogo, I inevitably quit the game.

Seems most of the Pogo decks have a card to copy their minions and they - of course - copy the pogo and you are faced with multiples of them,

Hate the damn things 

• Like 1

Pogo rogue is the 1000th iteration of 'I hate control decks' archetype. Destroys control, loses to aggro, which starts to be a pattern for rogue decks. Anyways, pogo seems strong, because, warrior and mage are the best classes right now, next to rogue. Warrior can't kill the 9th Pogo, and they can't keep Rogue under pressure. Mage either plays one big minion, which is a Sap target, or Conjurer's Calling a sizable board, which gets Vanish'd.

Of course, biggest problem of this deck is Spirit of the Shark, which works like a magnifying glass for the entire deck.

Edited by FanOfValeera

On 6/21/2019 at 11:54 AM, FanOfValeera said:

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

Seriously though, 0/56 makes no sense, if it is true, forget about replays,  take a break from game. I am not going to watch 56 games of robo-bunny madness either way.

LOL it's really necessary advice and useful for a big amount of players

On 6/26/2019 at 8:19 AM, FanOfValeera said:

Mage either plays one big minion, which is a Sap target, or Conjurer's Calling a sizable board, which gets Vanish'd.

Well that won't be an issue anymore when Vanish is moved to Hall of Fame with the next update.  Will have to see how that alters this type of deck for Rogue now that they don't have a board clear option.

I play control decks, so do lose to this more often than not.  But every once and a while my opponent doesn't get all the needed cards in their starting hand and I have a chance at victory.

Edited by Mursilis

On 6/19/2019 at 2:21 PM, Goonie said:

Been trying to win with a pogo rogue deck this week (..) I am 0/46.

You did not say where you are playing it. I can't believe anyone can go 0/46 in Casual, because the matching algorithm will inevitable match you with weak opponents after a loosing streak much shorter than this (unless there is really a huge number of players running away when seeing your Gold hero portrait, thus breaking the actual losing streak from the game's perspective - but I doubt it).

In Ranked, it could happen, if you are stuck on a milestone rank where the meta is against you and the average level of play is above yours. This is the downside of milestone ranks (but they are needed to generate stars). If you used your best deck to reach Rank 15, and then switched to a weaker deck you do not master yet, you should not be surprised to lose games. Better learn how to play your new deck in Casual mode first.

That being said, I can only agree with FanOfValeera. You have apparently reached a point of anger which prevents you from thinking clearly. Better cool down, go do something else, and return to the game later when you are actually ready for the challenge.