Table of Contents
Sap is a Rogue-only spell. 2 copies of this card are given to you with the Basic set of the game. You receive a golden version of this card for reaching Level 40 and 42 with Rogue. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Sap is the perfect illustration of a Tempo card in Hearthstone. Although it represents no actual value, since the Sapped minion is returned to your opponent's hand ready to play again, it can still create you a huge advantage by removing an expensive minion from the board and enabling you to develop your own minions with the spare Mana, creating an advantage on the board.
2. Constructed Play
Sap is used in most aggressive and Combo based Rogue decks. It enables you to punish your opponent for playing slow minions in the late-game, and to remove Taunts from the board to allow you to push through damage.
Sap is a strong card in Arena. Most successful Rogue decks in Arena are Tempo based, meaning they are looking to deal with the board efficiently and apply their own pressure. Sap helps you to do that by removing expensive minions from the board that take too much of a commitment to remove otherwise. The goal when playing a Sap is to create a situation where it is too slow for your opponent to replay the minion you have Sapped.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Questing Miracle Rogue Wild Deck
- Malygos Miracle Rogue Wild Deck
- Southsea Deckhand Miracle Rogue Wild Deck
- Aggressive Miracle Rogue Deck
- Giant Miracle Rogue Deck
- Cheap Tempo Rogue Wild Deck
- N'Zoth Miracle Rogue Wild Deck
- Jade Rogue Standard Un'Goro Deck
- Mill Rogue Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Basic Rogue Deck
- Cheap Lord Slitherspear Rogue Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Basic Vaelastrasz the Corrupt Rogue Deck (Normal Mode)
- Cheap Vaelastrasz the Corrupt Rogue Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Legendary Coren Direbrew Rogue Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Mid-budget High Justice Grimstone Rogue Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Ben Brode on Promo Cards
- Brian Holinka Leaves World of Warcraft Team
- Destiny 2 PC Release Date, Pre-Order Announced
- New Job Posting Hints at Remastering of Old Titles
- Possible Return of the Lich King Expansion
- EU Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- US Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- Mulligans Episode 4: Art Gallery
- Mill Rogue - questions
- Miracle Dragon Priest Standard
- Aggro Rogue Standard
- A Preist with a meme for a dream
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Average amount of dust / cardpack
- Handlock Warlock Un'Goro Standard
- Arena Paladin Tier Lists