FORUMS
Lemon1

New Teaser for the Next Hearthstone Expansion Released

082TFa7.jpg

Blizzard have tweeted out a new teaser video today hinting at the theme of the next Hearthstone expansion.

The video follows Heistbaron Togwaggle as he climbs through the window of his fortune-telling League of E.V.I.L. colleague, Madam Lazul, to sneak a peek at what her cards hold in store for the future. He carefully lifts the top card of the deck - and is instantly blown away by music that will be familiar to many Hearthstone fans.

Hearthstone Lead Designer Mike Donais has previously hinted that the next expansion could be related to the League of Explorers.

Check the video out for yourself below:

Placeholder for tweet 114428958222315520
  • Thanks 1

So

Many

Expansions

Little surprise that Hearthstone appears to be a hardcore game only now (with active players suffering as a result).

3 new expansions a year, 3 expansions being retired a year, after only 2 years of use, high prices. Little way in for new players, or way back for lapse without one of those massive trucks full of cash!

2 hours ago, Boothyp said:

So

Many

Expansions

Little surprise that Hearthstone appears to be a hardcore game only now (with active players suffering as a result).

3 new expansions a year, 3 expansions being retired a year, after only 2 years of use, high prices. Little way in for new players, or way back for lapse without one of those massive trucks full of cash!

Not really a big problem. I joined when gadgetzan came in, and i have a full collectionbof commons and rares from every expansion (including wild). No money invested, played every day l, completed one quest and logged out. It will be slower in the following years, but i don't think new people will craft wild cards just for tavern brawls.

• Like 1

I played religiously but the card saturation and roll over, along with the barrier to entry for getting friends it is too high.

11 hours ago, Boothyp said:

Personally I would prefer only 2 expansions per year to have more time to complete the collection. However, top players are probably happy with the current frequency and rotation which refreshes the meta every 4 months and resets it every year. Maybe they should keep the current expansion pace but make each expansion smaller, to make both sides happy.

I do not agree with the rest of your claims though. I've been playing this game for less than a year and I have a decent card collection (as far as Standard goes) already. Most days I just complete my daily quest and tavern brawl victory and that's about it, and I take benefit of all the special events to gain additional rewards. I invested a little real money in the game but not that much really, it only represents 15% of all the card packs I opened. With that I managed to reach Rank 9 for the first time this season.

Just don't trust these videos out there which claim that everybody can become Legend in a month with a budget deck. It may have been true at the very beginning of the game, but no longer. Also, you have to be smart, fetch information from various web sites, and focus on a few decks at a time. You are not going to be able to craft all the top meta full-price decks every season. And you have to be patient, because there is also a learning curve. You won't get it all on day 1 and that's what makes the game interesting.

Also note that the Ranked ladder system has changed several times, and previous implementations could indeed be painful for casual players. if you have bad experience of Ranked from then, I encourage you to give it a chance again. Ranked started being fair for me only a couple months ago.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Smorod said:

Also note that the Ranked ladder system has changed several times, and previous implementations could indeed be painful for casual players. if you have bad experience of Ranked from then, I encourage you to give it a chance again. Ranked started being fair for me only a couple months ago.

Starting from scratch or comming back to a game after a long times absence is hard. But in Hearthstone I find it is more the missing/lost touch with the meta than lack of say 6 1600 dust legendaries that is the problem.

Started Playing when Blizzard started with the "standard format" (when old Gods appeared). So I never really saw any G&G card which was the set that rotated out. And that was actually nice. Since there was a lot of other cards to learn. I played without using any money for more than a year and got a tier 1ish out of it but only one. Used a lot of time planning quest to get most gold. Played arena to get more.

And then I noticed I from time to time still bought quite expensive AAA games which I played some. But not as much as hearthstone. Because it took a lot of time to get gold from the Arena. I then tried to use the 50 EUR on a big buch of packs when they where (relatively) cheap at prelaunch instead of an AAA game. I got some different legendarys and most of all a lot of dust. This allowed me to craft some of the more generic legendarys (like Leroy etc.)   This allowed me to try different classes. And it also allowed me to save my gold to the next launch. This means you have 6000 - 8000 gold for packs when a new expansion comes. If you wait a bit for the meta to settle see which card you needed you can make a new tier 1 deck. Maybe not a heavy control deck. But an agro deck/combo/midrange deck with some of the more expensive but non critical card swapped out.   

Now I normally buy the prelaunch packs. This gives 120+ packages with them from the gold. That is normally all commen and rare. Quite a lot of the epics and enough legendarys to try different heroes. But it does not give me access to all variations of all tier 1 decks. But I dont need that to have fun playing. I want to support Blizzard so they continue to renew heartstone  

After Blizzard put floor under rank 5 and then also 15 and 10. The meta is a bit more forgiven at these levels because people experiment more. And after the do not dump all the legendary players at rank 16 in start of each season. you do not get slaugtered after week where you have worked up from rank 20 and you meet someone that started the season a week to late.

Blizzard have made rank 50 to 26 for new players. I was curious and made a secondary account. I found the new starte quite good. Because everyone else also only had basic card with very few classic added. Much better than the beating I usually recieved at the start of a season.  

(When I reached rank 25 I was assulted by a tier 1 zoolock - that actually did not know what he was doing)  

I played without using any money and got a fair tier 2 deck before the next expansion. When the next expansion came I was able to make an almost tier 1 deck (but only one)

14 hours ago, Smorod said:

Just don't trust these videos out there which claim that everybody can become Legend in a month with a budget deck. It may have been true at the very beginning of the game, but no longer. Also, you have to be smart, fetch information from various web sites, and focus on a few decks at a time. You are not going to be able to craft all the top meta full-price decks every season. And you have to be patient, because there is also a learning curve. You won't get it all on day 1 and that's what makes the game interesting.

In Hearthstone you can invest time and/or money.

If you invest no money and very little time. Well - Blizzard have made it possible for you to try a game for free. But you will get a beating from people that play better than you. But you can play a lot of single player before you have to play ranked

If you use a lot of money to get all the right cards to make a tier 1 deck. You will most likely win over people that have your skill level but are using a deck with less synergy.

But you will meet more skilled people that actually beat you with lesser cards.

If you want to perfom in the top of anything. You have to use both money and time. Lots of time. And quite a lot of money. If you play tennis or drive race cars your equipment have to be in the same quality as your oppenents. Or you will lose. In heartstone the cards are your equipment. You repair a race car after each race. in heart stone your repair your deck when the meta change.  

Edited by PanPan
  • Like 1