FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
song

Anticipation - Insight levels and so on

Hi - I have been back to game 2-3 months now after a long break (skipped Cata and early MoP contents) and now have decentish gear . Can't say I'm not happy with my dps but one thing I'm uncertain is that how i should treat these two -

Insight - I normally start fight on stealth, ambush -  SnD - RvS and then KS and AR / SB and continue to my rotation.

Now I do understand what Insight buff provides but I'm unsure whether i should delay KS till i go into deep insight mode ? (My trinkets are AoC and Haromms Tal.)

Also, i do understand what anticipation does but not sure how to track it - i do use Rogue Power Bars for years and find it simple and practical but not sure if it is good to track anticipation?

Let me know if my post doesnt make much sense as i'm at work and writing this in a bit hurry.

Thanks

I'm not a adamant combat rogue but since KS cleaves multiple targets, waiting for Insight would only boost damage to that single target and nothing to the others. So I'd say use KS whenever and save CDs for Deep Insight.

About Anticipation, I use Weakauras to track my Combo points and Anticipation points (since anticipation shows a stacking buff).

But there are addons like nug combo bars that will track anticipation, showing the normal 3 green, 1 yellow and 1 red and when anticipation kicks in, it will show purple points overlapping your 5 combos (if that makes sense).

You shouldn't worry about using KS on a deep insight unless it is available during deep insight. The only thing I can recommend for you to do is just use it on any insight buff. Except for this example: Deep insight is about to fall off and KS will be coming up right after it does. Just use KS without a buff. Delaying CD's doesn't seem to be worth it as combat. With AoC and Restless Blades they are coming available so rapidly these days. Combat isn't a slow play spec. No delay just one speed and that is go!!

As for tracking CP, and AP charges I'd recommend using Weak Auras.

Also during your opener I wouldn't use KS if your energy level is high. Don't be afraid to get a shallow insight before blowing your load on the boss.

Regarding waiting for Deep Insight, there's a section about it on the guide here, if you still want some more info.

A few WA scripts can be found here. Obviously, you can change it to suit the rest of your UI, if necessary.

Typically, I will hold KS until I need to use combo points.  The reason for this is because of Restless Blades, which lowers the CD on KS by 2 per combo point spent on offensive abilities.  I also always make sure I'm low energy before I hit KS, even my first one.  No point in wasting too much energy.

I've got a very very basic Bandit's Guile WA that tracks which buff I'm in, and the duration remaining  when I'm in red.  It does NOT track how many more CP builders to the next level.  If you'd like to take a look at that, let me know.

Hi Hybrys, I found myself that holding KS for anything costs me some dps. Perhaps minor but still I find it more beneficial to use it when it is off CD unless it is risky of course.

I set up my RoguePower Bars addon to track BG - thanks for the offer though !

Ok so I have been trying to follow up but I'm not sure how anticipation charge works now ! Made myself confuse

Is   anticipation  only 1 charge that has a duration  or does it stack multiple times once procced?

Ok so I have been trying to follow up but I'm not sure how anticipation charge works now ! Made myself confuse

Is   anticipation  only 1 charge that has a duration  or does it stack multiple times once procced?

Anticipation is the level 90 talent that allows you to have up to an extra 5 cp on a target.  You can have a single stack of Anticipation which will award a single CP to the target after you use an offensive finisher, or up to five stacks of Anticipation, which will award five CP to the target after you use an offensive finisher.

I use SliceCommander, which shows me 5 + X, X being the stack of Anticipation I currently have.