FORUMS
Valks

Paladin Leveling 1.12 (Classic)

Guest Number1TheLarch

Just to verify, with Verigan's Fist the weapon speed is 3.2, which means I should be using Seal of Righteousness and not Seal of Command?

On 9/10/2019 at 9:58 AM, Guest Number1TheLarch said:

Just to verify, with Verigan's Fist the weapon speed is 3.2, which means I should be using Seal of Righteousness and not Seal of Command?

Correct.

Guest rbpaiett

I'm new to being a Paladin and there is a part of the guide that's confusing to me.  I'm at lvl 11 and you say to spam Judgement on cd ... cd of what?  CD to me means something you can't use until after a certain time.  The only thing I see with a cd is Judgement itself so I need some clarification if you please :)

6 hours ago, Guest rbpaiett said:

I'm new to being a Paladin and there is a part of the guide that's confusing to me.  I'm at lvl 11 and you say to spam Judgement on cd ... cd of what?  CD to me means something you can't use until after a certain time.  The only thing I see with a cd is Judgement itself so I need some clarification if you please ?

Exactly that, the cooldown of Judgement. Use it as soon as it comes off cooldown.

13 hours ago, Guest rbpaiett said:

I'm new to being a Paladin and there is a part of the guide that's confusing to me.  I'm at lvl 11 and you say to spam Judgement on cd ... cd of what?  CD to me means something you can't use until after a certain time.  The only thing I see with a cd is Judgement itself so I need some clarification if you please ?

To clarify, you'll want to use Judgement, which consumes your seal, and then recast your seal. After that just use Judgement again once it's off cooldown for max damage. For a more mana efficient rotation, just keep your seal up and only auto attack.

23 minutes ago, Guest just fyi said:

This is not a leveling guide.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. The guide has:

• Advice on which skills to upgrade while leveling.
  • How to level as a Paladin in a group setting via dungeon grinding.
  • Talent advice for every level up to 60.
  • A rotation to level with up to 60.
  • What professions to pick up while leveling.

The guide does not tell you which quests to complete, which mobs to kill, and so on, but that is all included in our general leveling guide: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow-classic/leveling-guide

These guides are there to guide you specifically as a Paladin in Paladin-specific things.

I think when it says "going into the holy tree after you get redemption" is supposed to be repentance as that's the 31 point talent in ret

Guest L34f

Has any consideration to <3.5speed weapons been given for SoR compared to SoComm using greens, blues, epcis? Seems like the higher damage range for the same level (i.e. blue vs green) SoComm would come out ahead even with faster weapons.

On 9/28/2019 at 12:59 PM, Serrated said:

I think when it says "going into the holy tree after you get redemption" is supposed to be repentance as that's the 31 point talent in ret

You are correct - that's a typo. I'll fix it.

On 9/30/2019 at 1:51 PM, Guest L34f said:

Has any consideration to <3.5speed weapons been given for SoR compared to SoComm using greens, blues, epcis? Seems like the higher damage range for the same level (i.e. blue vs green) SoComm would come out ahead even with faster weapons.

The actual difference in damage at that range is honestly really small and subject to change depending on swing speed, stats, weapon damage, etc. You're right, there are situations where if you got a high damage rare weapon with a 3.4 swing speed, SoC could come out ahead. The 3.5 second swing speed is meant to just be a general rule, feel free to use your own judgement on which seal you want to use. Again, the difference in damage around the 3.4 swing speed mark is super small anyways, so it shouldn't make a huge deal one way or another, but calculating the exact difference is just not worth it when you're still leveling up.

Guest LearningPally

So, where do you start with talents? Do you start in the holy tree and move to protection?

Guest Sulvain

Just wanted to say the level part of Prot, and Holy is showing the full build at level 10 on the slider. I've checked back for a few weeks, and it's not been fixed. Thanks again. Good day!

Just echoing the request in the above two posts...can the Holy leveling guide be reworked to show progressive talent tree choices like Ret and all of the other class guides? Thanks in advance for when you have time to adjust for us n00bs. ?

The slider for Protection doesn't seems to be working it always shows the level 60 skills, just curious on what skills to take at certain levels. Thanks for hopefully fixing it! ?

Guest Phil

I am just wondering if there is a plan to fix the slider for holy spec as it is stuck on 60  and thank you

Guest Snelzzy

Level slider is broken for me. Level 10 shows a level 60 build that doesn't change. :(

On 3/25/2021 at 8:39 PM, Guest Snelzzy said:

Level slider is broken for me. Level 10 shows a level 60 build that doesn't change. 😞

This has been looked into and should be fixed now. Thanks!

Guest Agius
On 10/3/2019 at 2:45 PM, Impakt said:

The actual difference in damage at that range is honestly really small and subject to change depending on swing speed, stats, weapon damage, etc. You're right, there are situations where if you got a high damage rare weapon with a 3.4 swing speed, SoC could come out ahead. The 3.5 second swing speed is meant to just be a general rule, feel free to use your own judgement on which seal you want to use. Again, the difference in damage around the 3.4 swing speed mark is super small anyways, so it shouldn't make a huge deal one way or another, but calculating the exact difference is just not worth it when you're still leveling up.

I'm a Ret Paladin using a level 32 weapon "The Pacifier" (104-156 Dmg / 32.5 dps / 4.00 Speed) with a +7 Dmg weapon enchant and a mostly stam/str set of armor, I'm currently level 32.

What seal do you suggest I keep on myself, and which is best to judge with? I know you say command for slow weapons, but why does righteousness confusingly talk about slower weapons in its tooltip? 

Also as I'm leveling with this weapon, do you suggest I use wizard oil or a weightstone?

At level 39 I will be using a faster weapon "Nightblade" (97-146 Dmg / 43.4 dps / 2.80 Speed) and at level 47 an even faster weapon "Taran Icebreaker" (91-137 Dmg / 49.6 dps / 2.30 Speed), each enchanted with Fiery Weapon AND each has a chance on hit damage proc against the target

Would the answers to my previous questions change based on the using of these two weapons at higher levels?

Lastly, at level 53 do you recommend I switch to Twig of the World Tree to use for pre-endgame?

On 3/30/2021 at 1:27 AM, Guest Agius said:

I'm a Ret Paladin using a level 32 weapon "The Pacifier" (104-156 Dmg / 32.5 dps / 4.00 Speed) with a +7 Dmg weapon enchant and a mostly stam/str set of armor, I'm currently level 32.

What seal do you suggest I keep on myself, and which is best to judge with? I know you say command for slow weapons, but why does righteousness confusingly talk about slower weapons in its tooltip? 

Also as I'm leveling with this weapon, do you suggest I use wizard oil or a weightstone?

At level 39 I will be using a faster weapon "Nightblade" (97-146 Dmg / 43.4 dps / 2.80 Speed) and at level 47 an even faster weapon "Taran Icebreaker" (91-137 Dmg / 49.6 dps / 2.30 Speed), each enchanted with Fiery Weapon AND each has a chance on hit damage proc against the target

Would the answers to my previous questions change based on the using of these two weapons at higher levels?

Lastly, at level 53 do you recommend I switch to Twig of the World Tree to use for pre-endgame?

So the tooltip for seal of righteousness just says that "slower weapons will do more holy damage per swing" - this just means that the damage per swing adjusts based on your swing speed. Otherwise, you might want a fast 1h weapon to proc a static amount of holy damage every hit.

A weight stone would be better for leveling, but they're close. You'd be fine with either one.

The answers do not change with your weapon swaps, but your seal choice should. Command is still better for slower weapons, righteousness is better for faster weapons (like nightblade). You can swap to twig at 53, that's totally fine since you can use seal of command with it.