FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

WoW Classic Realms Population Report: August 15th

Ya1hfeR.jpg

Blizzard added a new PvP server in the US due to extremely high demand and we can expect long queue times on "Full" realms.

Check out our short guide about Classic realms to determine which server is the best for you.

Welcome to our second realm population report. Since August 13, players with an active subscription are able to reserve up to 3 characters ahead of Classic launch and in these articles, we're monitoring realm population and changes.

EU Realms

French and Russian realms went from Low to Medium. Gehennas, the new PvP server added yesterday, is currently at Medium too. It appears most characters have been created on Pyrewood Village because the server went from Low to High.

Name Type Language Population
Gehennas (New) PvP English Medium
Golemagg PvP English Full
Hydraxian Waterlords RP English Low Medium
Mirage Raceway Normal English Low Medium
Pyrewood Village Normal English Low High
Shazzrah PvP English Full
Zandalar Tribe RP-PvP English Low Medium
Auberdine Normal French Low Medium
Sulfuron PvP French Low Medium
Everlook Normal German Full
Lucifron PvP German Full
Хроми (Chromie) Normal Russian Low Medium
Пламегор (Flamegor) PvP Russian Low Medium

US Realms

Blizzard added a new PvP server in the region named Stalagg, which is currently the only realm sitting at Low.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Due to very high demand, we will open a new WoW Classic realm for name reservations at 5:00 p.m PDT (8:00 p.m. EDT) today, Wednesday, August 14:

• Stalagg – PvP – Eastern Time

We suggest that players, especially those on the Herod realm, consider creating characters on Stalagg. We expect that other PvP realms in this region will otherwise experience significant login queues when Classic launches.

Thank you!

US realms follow the same trend as EU realms. The vast majority went from Low to Medium. The population on Pagle even went from Full as opposed to High.

Name Type Time Zone Population
Atiesh Normal Pacific Low High
Mankrik Normal Eastern Medium High
Myzrael Normal Pacific Low Medium
Pagle Normal Eastern Full High
Stalagg (New) PvP Eastern Low
Faerlina PvP Eastern Full
Fairbanks PvP Pacific Low Medium
Herod PvP Eastern Full
Whitemane PvP Pacific Full
Bloodsail Buccanneers RP Eastern Low Medium
Grobbulus RP-PvP Pacific Low Medium
Thalnos PvP Eastern Medium High

Oceanic Realms

Oceanic realms went from Low to Medium overnight.

Name Type Time Zone Population
Arugal PvP Australian Eastern Time Low Medium
Remulos Normal Australian Eastern Time Low Medium

Very exciting, looks like some strong interest at the onset.  Hopefully it lasts long enough for Blizzard to take note of what players have been missing about Classic versus retail ( not everything ).

2 hours ago, Malzy said:

opefully it lasts long enough for Blizzard to take note of what players have been missing about Classic versus retail ( not everything ).

I would only play it a few hours with guildmates or friends, not because i like it for its basic functionality /system. I still prefer retail over the past. Just think about the taggingsystem and extremely timeconsuming aspects without any success getting out of it. I know there are people which like that, but probably those people have masochistic tendencies or just to much time to spare.

Anyway - i wish everyone fun with it. I can only speak for myself that i dont have rosered glases and see it as a "filler" for a small amount of time to spare.

Edited by Baharok
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Baharok said:

I would only play it a few hours with guildmates or friends, not because i like it for its basic functionality /system. I still prefer retail over the past. Just think about the taggingsystem and extremely timeconsuming aspects without any success getting out of it. I know there are people which like that, but probably those people have masochistic tendencies or just to much time to spare.

Anyway - i wish everyone fun with it. I can only speak for myself that i dont have rosered glases and see it as a "filler" for a small amount of time to spare.

Yeah I have thought long about it, looked at so many guides of the good and bad people have compiled, and I have continued to play retail since I started ( some breaks were taken *cough* WoD *cough* ). 

Overall though, I really enjoy both for the merits they have, but retail has become a grind I really am not enjoying anymore.  In order to be competitive, I am using icy-veins, raidbots, raider io, warcraftlogs, bloodmallet, DBM, WeakAuras, Companion phone apps, and the list of general regarded as "required" things to join a successful team is extensive. 

I do enjoy it, don't get me wrong, it's just a different kind of arcade-like enjoyment.  I miss the feeling of wonder as you trek through a world that feels bigger than you.  Where you aren't a one man wrecking ball, and have to rely upon the strength in numbers you gain through friendships.  That feeling of putting someone on follow so you can take a bio break as you walk the 15 mins to a dungeon,  chatting along the way.  The real sense of dreading a wipe because you know the run back is painful.  I miss those things, as unpolished and painful as plenty of it was, the feeling of comradery I had back then was far more intense. 

Most days when doing my dailies I don't group up with anyone.  I run Mythic Plus dungeons for at least a plus 10 for the week, and pug into it after slowly creeping my raider io score high enough to be considered.  I have had raid teams, but haven't felt like it was a close-knit group for a long while.  World PVP events like the battle for Nazjatar aren't special, you just look for a winning group on the finder tool and join them to get it done. Even if you do it on your own server it's not like you are fighting with familiar faces half the time, it's whoever was put into your realm group in an attempt at balance, and you aren't fighting for any kind of server pride.

It's all bite sized pieces designed to give you something for tiny chunks of time.  Don't dare fall behind though, you and blizzard need that log in time to stay with the pack ( and keep the shareholders happy ).

I can't wait for the slow burn, the contrast has become staggering.

Edited by Malzy
grammar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Malzy said:

Overall though, I really enjoy both for the merits they have, but retail has become a grind I really am not enjoying anymore.  In order to be competitive, I am using icy-veins, raidbots, raider io, warcraftlogs, bloodmallet, DBM, WeakAuras, Companion phone apps, and the list of general regarded as "required" things to join a successful team is extensive. 

Indeed, there is too much grind in retail, which in some way brings it closer to classic. Mechagon and Nazjatar are good examples. Even something like reputations is now a grind with rng chance for a schematic, mount or pet. I miss factions when exalted meant that you were basically done with that faction. It's kinda weird, when something as dull as Azerite for artifact power is an uncapped grind, but a lot of other stuff is a combination of grind, rng and time gating.

Even though my car will be in the shop for factory recall repairs and I will have the few days off once Classic is released I will not be joining the craze.  However I am happy for those that are thrilled and excited for this ever since it was announced.  Probably will do the daily routine of mandatory dailies and log out and play some FFXIV and level up/learn more on White Mage and Red Mage.