FORUMS
Valks

Tailoring (Classic)

This thread is for feedback about our Tailoring profession guide for World of Warcraft: Classic.

Guest Skilling with capes

The reinforced linen cape needs 3 coarse thread each not 2. So the total needed to make 5 (between lvls 70-75) should be 15 not 10.

On 9/2/2019 at 7:17 PM, Guest Skilling with capes said:

The reinforced linen cape needs 3 coarse thread each not 2. So the total needed to make 5 (between lvls 70-75) should be 15 not 10.

You're right! That will be fixed in no time, thanks a lot for the feedback! ?
*Update: Fixed! Thanks again!

Guest Vitilititi

Green Woolen Vest is superior for 105-110.  

The price of vendor mats for that is 3s as opposed to 4.5s per craft for the Gray Woolen Shirt despite costing the same amount of wool.

13 hours ago, Guest Vitilititi said:

Green Woolen Vest is superior for 105-110.  

The price of vendor mats for that is 3s as opposed to 4.5s per craft for the Gray Woolen Shirt despite costing the same amount of wool.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! ?

You're partially right, on material costs it's true Green Woolen Vest is cheaper, but since Gray Woolen Shirt goes orange after 100, compared to 85 of the Green, the chance of getting a Tailoring skill is more guaranteed with Gray.

And since we just need 5 of them only there, even small; that skill guarantee is more preferrable, that's why Gray was adviced for that step.

Guest include patterns

It's important to note the fact several of the professions especially towards the end of the guide (Runecloth Gloves and Bag) are patterns that require you to buy them out in the world and are often times on cooldown because there is a limited amount avalible on the vendor, often times they are camped on most bigger servers and this vastly increases the cost of the overall leveling experience in my case I ended up spending about 160g on all the materials and 90g alone on the patterns to get the last 20 points.

13 minutes ago, Guest include patterns said:

It's important to note the fact several of the professions especially towards the end of the guide (Runecloth Gloves and Bag) are patterns that require you to buy them out in the world and are often times on cooldown because there is a limited amount avalible on the vendor, often times they are camped on most bigger servers and this vastly increases the cost of the overall leveling experience in my case I ended up spending about 160g on all the materials and 90g alone on the patterns to get the last 20 points.

First of all, thanks a lot for taking the time for giving a detailed feedback so we can make the guide better together.

You're right, some patterns are hard to get especially near the maximum skill level. That's why I focused on patterns that don't need reputation and these were the easiest ones to get. For the gloves vendor recipe cooldown must be 15 minutes and that part needs some extra information indeed, since it's not soulbound and can also be bought from Auction House, both are useful information, I'll add those. Same with Runecloth Bag, which was actually listed below at useful patterns part, but both are sold by the same vendor, so especially for that part I'll add an extra information line. If you notice any other that needs an explanation like that, don't hesitate to remind them too.

But for the gold cost, generally the ending part of any profession is costy, if you can find some cheaper alternative we can update the guide with those, but I mostly focused on leveling quickly with minimal needed materials.

17 minutes ago, Itzthecook said:

Swamp of Sorrows is another good location to farm Silk Cloth with an occasional Mageweave drop. Level: 36 - 43

Thanks!

Guest anonymous

thank you for useful tailoring guide helped me get to 300. one thing you need to tweak is on runecloth gloves to make 20 of them you need 80 bolt of runecloth and 80 rugged leather seeing as it takes 4 each.

On 9/29/2019 at 5:36 AM, Guest anonymous said:

thank you for useful tailoring guide helped me get to 300. one thing you need to tweak is on runecloth gloves to make 20 of them you need 80 bolt of runecloth and 80 rugged leather seeing as it takes 4 each.

Thanks a lot for the very nice feedback, those numbers got mixed in the code it seems, will be fixed in no time! ^^

Guest Lizinator

I just wanted to say that once you reach 75/75...you have to train with the Expert Tailor.  You can't just "keep going" until 150.  It caps out at 75, THEN 150, etc.  Also here's some other locations of Alliance trainers :)

Lawrence Schneider, Journeyman Tailor in SW - 43, 73
Sellandus, Expert Tailor in SW - 42, 75
Georgio Bolero, Artisan Tailor in SW - 43, 73

On 10/11/2019 at 7:15 AM, Guest Lizinator said:

I just wanted to say that once you reach 75/75...you have to train with the Expert Tailor.  You can't just "keep going" until 150.  It caps out at 75, THEN 150, etc.  Also here's some other locations of Alliance trainers ?

Lawrence Schneider, Journeyman Tailor in SW - 43, 73
Sellandus, Expert Tailor in SW - 42, 75
Georgio Bolero, Artisan Tailor in SW - 43, 73

Thanks a lot for the feedback, the part at the start implies to always go near an Artisan Tailor exactly because of that, they will have lower level Trainers with them and you can learn related steps if needed. That's why I didn't list all of the Trainers but only the necessary and practical ones, like if you have Hearthstone set on the city to return easier etc. Maybe that part needs a better explanation there though, it will be added there in no time, no worries ^^

Guest Slomo

Once you hit 300 in tailoring and have your Archemage robes can you drop tailoring and still wear them?

Guest Enki

I am 175 looking at the master trainer and the bolt of mageweave training is unavailable.

Guest Mikra

The part at 50-70, seems ridiculous. I mean why spend cloth to create an item that requires 3 bolts per craft, when you can just keep creating Linen Belt that requires 1 bolt? I know it isn't 100%, but even with some failures you are still going to be in the positive for it. When I did it I went with 7 crafts that didn't reward skillups, that means I was still up by over 10 bolts. Of course, when the Linen Belt turned green I made some of the 2 bolt crafts for the last 3 skill points to hit 70.

On 10/21/2019 at 10:16 PM, Guest Slomo said:

Once you hit 300 in tailoring and have your Archemage robes can you drop tailoring and still wear them?

Hey there, thanks a lot for your questiona and sorry for late reply.
Answer is: Yes, the crafted robes don't have a Tailoring requirement, so you can keep wearing them even if you drop Tailoring from your Professions.

On 10/21/2019 at 10:21 PM, Guest Enki said:

I am 175 looking at the master trainer and the bolt of mageweave training is unavailable.

Hey there and sorry for late reply. You need to be at least Level 20 and be at 125 skill level to interact with Artisan Trainers, probably that's why. I'd suggest you to level the last sections after Level 35 and learn the needed recipes only when they are their step to save gold and materials.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:09 PM, Guest Mikra said:

The part at 50-70, seems ridiculous. I mean why spend cloth to create an item that requires 3 bolts per craft, when you can just keep creating Linen Belt that requires 1 bolt? I know it isn't 100%, but even with some failures you are still going to be in the positive for it. When I did it I went with 7 crafts that didn't reward skillups, that means I was still up by over 10 bolts. Of course, when the Linen Belt turned green I made some of the 2 bolt crafts for the last 3 skill points to hit 70.

Well, of course this has a logic, the guide is written to level the profession quickly, not just in the cheapest way. Maybe that's why it does not fit with your expectations, but according to level it quickly, you need to eliminate that RNG part as soon as possible and that's why we should move to those next steps. Otherwise, yes, you can still level like that, almost at every step, but it would need a lot more time and probably a lot more materials if you consider whole of the leveling process.

Guest Max

sorry my english but it's a translation ...
taking the tailoring profession increase the chances of increasing the drop rate?

thanks very much ?

Guest Jess

Runecloth Bag (14 Slot Bag): Taught by Tailoring Trainers should be: Qia <Trade Goods Supplies> in Everlook