FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Corrupted Items (Warforging/Titanforging Alternative) in Patch 8.3

qvTiQH6.jpg

The alternative to Titanforging has been revealed on 8.3 PTR! Season 4 items will drop with random Benthic-like effects and a +Corruption stat which grants side effects. Higher Corruption increases the number of side effects and their strenghts and alters the appearance of your character.

UPDATE: Blizzard has in the meantime released more information on Corrupted Items.

Check out our Patch 8.3 Content Hub for the latest Visions of N'Zoth news!

Same Item Level, Still Too Much RNG-Based

Ny'alotha comes with Corrupted gear with Benthic-like effects and side effects. The Benthic-like effects on the items will still be random and the amount of Corruption an item can have varies too. Primary/secondary stats and item level currently don't change on 8.3 PTR.

Here are three different versions of one item. They rolled with +6, +14, and +24 Corruption and random Benthic-like effects. Ideally, you want an item with the least possible Corruption and the best effect. The Benthic-like component varies too. We've seen one item increase our Leech by 2% where another one increased it by 4%, so there's still a lot of RNG involved.

lHKoE7y.jpg

LdxIQtv.jpg

0p2mBub.jpg?1

Your Corruption, Resistance, and Total Corruption are displayed in the Character Panel.

6ZWJ6Qh.jpg

Side Effects

A total of four side effects (debuffs) activate and grow in power at various levels of Corruption.

• Grasping Tendrils Grasping Tendrils (10+ Corruption) - Taking damage has a chance to slow your movement speed for 5 sec. The magnitude of the slow increases with further Corruption.
  • Corrupted Zone Corrupted Zone (20+ Corruption) - Your spells and abilities have a chance to create a corrupted zone at your location, dealing Shadow damage to you every 2 sec. The size and damage of the corrupted zone increases with higher Corruption.
  • Grand Delusions Grand Delusions (40+ Corruption) - Taking damage has a chance to summon a Thing from Beyond, which pursues you for 10 seconds. Its speed increases with further Corruption.
  • Creeping Death Creeping Death (60+ Corruption) - Damage taken increased by 10% and healing reduced by 10%.
    • At Corruption Level 106, damage taken is increased and healing taken reduced by 56%.

Uncorrupted vs Corrupted Character

The character grows darker and pulses with Void energy based on the level of Corruption.

WoWScrnShot_102319_115112.jpgWoWScrnShot_102319_115110.jpgWoWScrnShot_102319_115111.jpg

Cleansing Corruption

• Heart of Azeroth Heart of Azeroth will have an infinite progression slot to aid you against N’Zoth’s corruption at max level in Patch 8.3.
  • New 8.3 Essences reduce Corruption by 10.
  • In addition to that, we found some global strings associated with cleansing Corrupted items, which is in line with our theory that you will be able to use a currency to get rid of their side effects in Visions of N'Zoth:
    • ITEM_CORRUPTION_BONUS_STAT - +%d Corruption
    • CORRUPTION_CLEANSER_TOOLTIP_TITLE - Cleansing this item will REMOVE the following effects:
    • CORRUPTION_TOOLTIP_TITLE - You are Corrupted!
    • CORRUPTION_TOOLTIP_LINE - Corruption:
    • CORRUPTION_RESISTANCE_TOOLTIP_LINE - Corruption Resistance:
    • CORRUPTION_DESCRIPTION - Higher Corruption increases the number of side effects and their strengths
    • TOTAL_CORRUPTION_TOOLTIP_LINE - Total Corruption:
  • Like 1

i have to admit, tying the infinity progression of the artifact power to gaining more and more resisitance to corruption, and allowing you to wear more corrupted items, is really cool. Is there just one kind of corruption to increase the stats of the item? or are they keeping it the way before. Just that instead of Warforging or titanforging they have items that are corruption 5, 10, 15 depending on how much higher they roll?

Themetically fits, combining the infinite progression to it, and having it not to restrictive, with more drawbacks the more power you want. I really like this change. Thumbs up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawrenz said:

i have to admit, tying the infinity progression of the artifact power to gaining more and more resisitance to corruption, and allowing you to wear more corrupted items, is really cool. Is there just one kind of corruption to increase the stats of the item? or are they keeping it the way before. Just that instead of Warforging or titanforging they have items that are corruption 5, 10, 15 depending on how much higher they roll?

Themetically fits, combining the infinite progression to it, and having it not to restrictive, with more drawbacks the more power you want. I really like this change. Thumbs up!

Seems very likely indeed. Still opening caches on PTR. The items have some sort of Corruption ranges:

• Tier 1: Corruption 1-10
  • Tier 2: Corruption 10-20
  • Tier 3: Corruption 20+

....I'll wait till more information arrives on cleansing the corruption on certain pieces.  But basically to make this beneficial it is wise to push your HoA further to gain more power and resistance along with farming the Visions.  If not and you keep the necklace at a bare min. of 65 or less you maybe asking for more trouble than it's worth.  Puts a whole new meaning of ilvl jumping for alts.

this is way worse than titanforging thought  they wanted gear not to be vendored i refuse to use this dangerous trash . getting a piece of this gear would bumm me out vs getting a peice of titanforge gear . no doubt u will see less and less geared players running heroic or even normal raid since there will be zero chance for an upgrade now .

Edited by elmurufdd

1 hour ago, elmurufdd said:

this is way worse than titanforging thought  they wanted gear not to be vendored i refuse to use this dangerous trash . getting a piece of this gear would bumm me out vs getting a peice of titanforge gear . no doubt u will see less and less geared players running heroic or even normal raid since there will be zero chance for an upgrade now .

Considering how strong some of the positives could be, I really doubt people are just going to ignore them. If crucible has taught us anything, a negative is possible to ignore if the positive is strong enough. 3% increased crit from all sources alone is a super nice upgrade.

EDIT: I should still say they're too RNG heavy and a problem, but it's a cool idea in theory if they were implemented less... well random

Edited by Aegrotat
  • Like 1

So one, the blues came out and said that you could cleanse the gear with no cost which is vital. Second, I like the idea of the system, not as a permanent one, but as a cool thing for a final patch where powercreep is expected. Having said that, to absolute hell on things like *receive x amount more crit from all sources* it's both obscenely powerful, and totally non-interactive. The flash of clarity that reduced CD's is awesome, changes the way classes play and makes rotations less linear. More interactive bonuses, fewer x-amount more stats, y% more damage. Might as well just throw on more stats and call it a titanforge at that point. Now if its *input class ability here* does x amount more damage, that could have the same kind of effect that the damage buff to igenous potential had for elemental, which pushed the MotE icefury build as a latent consequence, which was a fun downstream effect.

BIG OOF

If the items stay like they are on the PTR, this system will suck pretty hard xD

I hoped that they will have some simple stat increase. And the higher the increase, the higher the corruption. It didnt need to be all higher, like higher itemlevel, but something like a minor buff in mainstat, or one of the secondary stats. for the price of corruption.

But on PTR they have effects like on benthic stuff, and the corruption amount is RANDOM! wtf ...
so, in order to fish for good items, you want of course the best effect (like increased krit dmg (OFC!)) and hope for a weak corruption. i am a bit disappointed ?

edit: Okay, sorry for quick response, but its not that random. The followup post here, is showing that 4% critdmg gives around 10corruption, and 6% critdmg gives around 15corruption.

I still dont like the benthic-like affixes, because obviously people want the sweet sweet crit dmg, but with the scaling corruption i can live. ?

Edited by Lawrenz

22 hours ago, Stan said:

Items from Ny'alotha will drop with random Benthic-like effects

Am I interpreting this wrong, or does this mean it's just raid / world items, and not M+ that this effects?

Early on, we expect that players might wear one or maybe two pieces of Corrupted gear at a time. Later on, three or four pieces might be manageable. The vast majority of the gear players wear, even later on, will not be Corrupted.

they dont even see most of us using it very long it seems i mean  proof is in COS how long was it before ally side unlocked cross realm COS ? wait they never did blizz opened it up in 8.1.5 cuz very few guilds were doing it cuz the gear was trash . dont believe me ? go look up how many clears of BOD ,COS , EP were done i know COS will come in the lowest . u would think they would learn from COS gear and such but i guess not they shoudl have just removed WF and TF would have been 1000% better than this thk gos u can purge both effects of the gear i hate to get a bis slot item and not be able to use it.

Oh well, I dislike titanforging, so titanforging * 4ish? does not please me as much.
I mean it is a nice surprise to get better than hc drops in LFR, but! If it's consistently not you, it's dissapointing.