FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Full List of Benthic-Like Effects on Corrupted Gear in Patch 8.3

VzHvsfD.jpg

Blizzard confirmed that Corrupted items were the alternative to Warforging and Titanforing in Season 4 and in our preview, we learned that the items come with Benthic-like effects which are random and have three tiers of effects.

In Visions of N'Zoth, all Season 4 gear that would previously Warforge/Titanforge will drop as Corrupted and have three tiers.

UPDATE: Game Director Ion Hazzikostas confirmed that random Corruption ranges will be static in a future 8.3 build.

The +Corruption stat increases with each Tier, so if you roll a Tier 3 item, expect it to have +20 Corruption. Since Weapons / Off-Hands can't Warforge/Titanforge in Battle for Azeroth, those slots will never have Corruption.

Based on 8.3 PTR testing, we found the following effects associated with Corrupted gear in Season 4:

Avoidance

• Tier 1: Your Avoidance is increased by an amount equal to 3% of your Haste.
  • Tier 2: Your Avoidance is increased by an amount equal to 6% of your Haste.
  • Tier 3: Your Avoidance is increased by an amount equal to 10% of your Haste.

Critical Strike

• Tier 1: Increases the amount of Critical Strike you gain from all sources by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Increases the amount of Critical Strike you gain from all sources by 3%.
  • Tier 3: Increases the amount of Critical Strike you gain from all sources by 4%.

Critical Damage Bonus

• Tier 1: Increases the damage you deal with Critical Strikes by 5%.
  • Tier 2: Increases the damage you deal with Critical Strikes by 6%.
  • Tier 3: Increases the damage you deal with Critical Strikes by 7%.

Damage Taken Reduction

• Tier 1: Reduces your damage taken from periodic effects by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Reduces your damage taken from periodic effects by 4%.
  • Tier 3: Reduces your damage taken from periodic effects by 6%.

Haste

• Tier 1: Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by 3%.
  • Tier 3: Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by 4%.

Healing Received Increase

• Tier 1: Increases your healing received from all sources by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Increases your healing received from all sources by 4%.
  • Tier 3: Increases your healing received from all sources by 6%.

Health Regen

• Tier 1: 20% of total Health regeneration now continues during combat.
  • Tier 2: 30% of total Health regeneration now continues during combat.
  • Tier 3: 40% of total Health regeneration now continues during combat.

Leech

• Tier 1: Increases your Leech by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Increases your Leech by 4%.
  • Tier 3: Increases your Leech by 6%.

Mastery

• Tier 1: Increases the amount of Mastery you gain from all sources by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Increases the amount of Mastery you gain from all sources by 3%.
  • Tier 3: Increases the amount of Mastery you gain from all sources by 4%.

Versatility

• Tier 1: Increases the amount of Versatility from all sources by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Increases the amount of Versatility from all sources by 3%.
  • Tier 3: Increases the amount of Versatility from all sources by 4%.

Spell Cast

• Tier 1 & Tier 2: Not Available / Implemented Yet?
  • Tier 3: Your spells and abilities have a chance to grant you a Flash of Clarity, reducing the cooldown of your next 3 spells cast by 2 sec.

The Corrupted item system is obviously an improvement over what we currently have, but there's still a fair amount of RNG involved. First, you must hope for a Tier 3 item to drop and then it must come with the right effect for you.

We will be able to cleanse Corrupted items of Corruption and you can find more details here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amateurpeeweeeeh said:

How is it an improvement over titanforging? Still no difficulty attached to quality of gear with corrupted items.

Only thing this does is making titanforge weird in another way.

Think of it this way, do u want to pray for EVERY piece to tf or do u only want to get your 2-3 and be done and then get to go straight down a BIS list?

So its an improvement but it still has issues. The fact that there are some limiters on how many corrupted items you can equip means that you arent reliant on getting it perfectly on every piece, so more often it does incentivize doing harder content to get higher ilvls. The progression system of equipping more as the patch goes on by doing content is a pretty elegant way to handle it too. The acquisition still sucks, praying to RNGsus on top of RNGsus is always a poor play. And the effects are a little too uninspired right now with the exception of the flash of clarity. It's a step in the right direction, and in the absence of tier it does give a reason to re-run raids, but with the effects being so...dry, it might not be enough. Hope they do a few more refining passes, because it's not a system wholly without promise but it does still need some love.

5 hours ago, Rag said:

So its an improvement but it still has issues. The fact that there are some limiters on how many corrupted items you can equip means that you arent reliant on getting it perfectly on every piece, so more often it does incentivize doing harder content to get higher ilvls. The progression system of equipping more as the patch goes on by doing content is a pretty elegant way to handle it too. The acquisition still sucks, praying to RNGsus on top of RNGsus is always a poor play. And the effects are a little too uninspired right now with the exception of the flash of clarity. It's a step in the right direction, and in the absence of tier it does give a reason to re-run raids, but with the effects being so...dry, it might not be enough. Hope they do a few more refining passes, because it's not a system wholly without promise but it does still need some love.

8 hours ago, Whisla said:

Think of it this way, do u want to pray for EVERY piece to tf or do u only want to get your 2-3 and be done and then get to go straight down a BIS list?

Both of you are extremly wrong tho. Its just simple mathematics at this point. Titanforge chance was never low. If you played the game a little everyone gets around the same amount of titanforges. 

Now with this new system you are extremly RNG-dependant. Way way more then with titanforge. The new crit-dmg affix simulates with +80ilvl improvement on some crit dependant classes. So either you get exactly those or you are far behind the other ones who got those. 

Its another stupid system that has nothing to do with a playerfriendly progression system. It is just another form of grind except for those who are lucky and get the "right" ones first.

There is something that almost no one talked about but is extremely relevant imho.

With Titanforging, you wanted every single piece of your gear to Titanforge or you would feel incomplete.

With this new system all you need is for 2-3 good corruption pieces and you are essentially done. At best you can get new corrupted pieces that would be slightly better for you, so you cleanse one of your old ones and use the new one.

That makes all the difference imho, you are not looking to Titanforge everything / Benthic everything, all you need is to play the game a little bit and the combos are many like the Mechagon rings so plenty of good outcomes possible. I actually like the idea, lets see how it plays up in practice!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seksi said:

There is something that almost no one talked about but is extremely relevant imho.

With Titanforging, you wanted every single piece of your gear to Titanforge or you would feel incomplete.

With this new system all you need is for 2-3 good corruption pieces and you are essentially done. At best you can get new corrupted pieces that would be slightly better for you, so you cleanse one of your old ones and use the new one.

That makes all the difference imho, you are not looking to Titanforge everything / Benthic everything, all you need is to play the game a little bit and the combos are many like the Mechagon rings so plenty of good outcomes possible. I actually like the idea, lets see how it plays up in practice!

I just had to make an account just to tell that your claims are not true. i got like 4x 455 items in my bag sitting there being worse than my 420ish items with socket. Im essentially BiS equipped since 1 month into 8.2 mostly because of benthic since its the majority of BiS items beside of trinkets. And thats the point, im stagnant for  like 2 month and have nothing to do other than logging in to azshara porgress. But not because im done  getting gear tho, its because there is nothing else to do in this gam anymore. I did most  m+ on 20+, i did 1800 (in like 2 hours ) in arena. What am i supposed to do farming pets?
Corrupted items will be exactly the same, the only difference is, i have to wait the timegate  till my resistance is high enough to equip the hoarded corrupted items to not throw in raid.

3 hours ago, Seksi said:

Partly agreed. But you forget the most important in the current state too:

If you play alot at one point the majority of your gear will be titanforged to a decent level. Then it is a RNG fuckfest if you get the next piece that would be an upgrade or the necessary forge.

With the new system it is totally unknown what RNG fiesta we get. Maybe the chances for the forges are so rare that its a cancer to players. Maybe u get a titanforge of some *filtered* affix you dont want. Maybe your rogue friend gets 4x rank3 critdmg procc in the first 2 IDs and you are stuck with avoidance on your rogue because you are unlucky. 

While yes having titanforge is RNG too, we know of the rates, and the rates are pretty decent. Its just that if we are unlucky the next titanforge(its nothing else but instead of ilvl we get a affix-forged) could be so *filtered* up that everyone hates it even more.

5 hours ago, Dhrias said:

I just had to make an account just to tell that your claims are not true. i got like 4x 455 items in my bag sitting there being worse than my 420ish items with socket. Im essentially BiS equipped since 1 month into 8.2 mostly because of benthic since its the majority of BiS items beside of trinkets. And thats the point, im stagnant for  like 2 month and have nothing to do other than logging in to azshara porgress. But not because im done  getting gear tho, its because there is nothing else to do in this gam anymore. I did most  m+ on 20+, i did 1800 (in like 2 hours ) in arena. What am i supposed to do farming pets?
Corrupted items will be exactly the same, the only difference is, i have to wait the timegate  till my resistance is high enough to equip the hoarded corrupted items to not throw in raid.

You are right, but thats exactly why designing for WoW is so hard..most people are complaining that they have too much to do on a single character, while you were one of the few who ran out of things to do ? can't please everyone!

4 hours ago, Amateurpeeweeeeh said:

If you play alot at one point the majority of your gear will be titanforged to a decent level. Then it is a RNG fuckfest if you get the next piece that would be an upgrade or the necessary forge.

With the new system it is totally unknown what RNG fiesta we get. Maybe the chances for the forges are so rare that its a cancer to players. Maybe u get a titanforge of some *filtered* affix you dont want. Maybe your rogue friend gets 4x rank3 critdmg procc in the first 2 IDs and you are stuck with avoidance on your rogue because you are unlucky. 

While yes having titanforge is RNG too, we know of the rates, and the rates are pretty decent. Its just that if we are unlucky the next titanforge(its nothing else but instead of ilvl we get a affix-forged) could be so *filtered* up that everyone hates it even more.

I mean, yeah, there is still super high RNG with this new solution..I've been playing a ton of Classic lately, and even though there are clear BiS lists and no "forgings" of any kind, there is a still a ton of RNG involved.

Because of (very low) drop rates! Both of my co-tanks have their first bindings (both from Geddon, too) already but I'm still waiting for mine. Why? The only two raids I could not attend so far were the ones where it dropped, and we've been clearing since week one...luck is always there, one way or another, no escaping it ? 

On 10/25/2019 at 5:34 AM, Seksi said:

I said nearly this exact thing and your man below said im wrong lol

On 10/25/2019 at 8:48 AM, Amateurpeeweeeeh said: