FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Patch 8.3: Visions of N'zoth Is Coming Early Next Year

yavaoe2.jpg

It seems we'll have to wait a bit more for the next patch, as Visions of N'zoth has been pushed into early 2020! The main reason mentioned below is that Blizzard don't want players to have to choose between running new content (raid especially) and spending time with their families, which actually has been an issue in the past - especially for hardcore progress and World First raiders! It also gives players more time with the Anniversary event that starts this week (and already started in the Americas).

Check out our 8.3 content hub for all the news related to the next patch.

Blizzard LogoRaiding in the Holiday Season (source)

With the reveal at BlizzCon of the upcoming Shadowlands expansion, we’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding the schedule for the previously announced Visions of N’Zoth content update. To that end, we want to share that Visions of N’Zoth and the raid—Ny’alotha, The Waking City—will go live early next year.

Visions of N’Zoth is making good progress on the PTR, and currently with your help, we have been comprehensively testing the new content along with iterating on new systems like Corruption.

During the holiday season, we want to be considerate of all our players with the release timing of new content. Many guilds are still progressing through The Eternal Palace, and we want to give them enough time to finish the raid and earn their Cutting Edge: Queen Azshara and Ahead of the Curve achievements before opening the new raid. We try to avoid releasing new content tiers during the holiday season so that players are not encouraged to choose between progression and spending time with their families and friends. This also helps ensure us that we’re fully staffed to support any required hotfixes or turning issues that may emerge.

This will also give everyone extra time to enjoy the WoW 15th Anniversary event starting today, so you can play through the limited-time Memories of Azeroth raids and Korrak’s Revenge without having to rush through the festivities.

We’ll have more info on the new raid and content update in the next few weeks, so stay tuned to the forums and worldofwarcraft.com for the latest news as we head into the holiday season.

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I was hoping for, a 12/10 to 12/17 8.3 launch and then a Jan 7 or so raid launch.    The current content is just making it hard to motivate people to show up ?

edit:

*World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020

That's for the prepurchase.    One could argue that they're just playing it safe, but I'm pretty sure every expansion release with similar dating has launched within a month or two of their "due date"?     Hope we don't get a 10+ month content drought till Shadowlands.

Edited by Migol

Thanks Blizzard but I can manage my time, I don't need big brother to put me on some holiday time curfew.

1 hour ago, Oceola said:

Hey blizziod! When are you going to do something about how you f#!$ed-up battlegrounds play for the level 19 group?

Well, "level 19 group" probably won't be a thing in SL, so...

Edited by dartbodman

14 hours ago, Oceola said:

Hey blizziod! When are you going to do something about how you f#!$ed-up battlegrounds play for the level 19 group? Nothing I suspect. Well then, you can take your, "level 20 freeloader freebie crowd" and stick'm! Lowbie bgs was the only real interest I had in retail WoW. After many years of play, I became totally bored w/ your PVE content. PVP play, especially at the lower levels, was your only saving grace for me. Since 05', I learned low lvl bg play was, generally speaking, the best balanced bg group. Why, two reasons, 1) your feeble attempts to combine PVE/PVP play were absurd and, 2) Your inability to balance power and talents. That being said, the obvious groups least affected by your "blunders" at setting power and talents were the lower lvl groups. So long retail WoW! 

Well it appears (with Classic WoW) you might have a chance to keep my business, don't screw it!    

Tbh it more just sounds like you couldn't hack it at later pvp or rated battlegrounds and so you stuck to level 19 battlegrounds, because so long as you can buy your wow tokens and use the gold to twink them with the best gear for that rating + enchants you're sure to wreck plenty of other players in there. That and the number of new players who are F2P and giving PvP a try. 

16 hours ago, Oceola said:

2) Your inability to balance power and talents.

Other than the utter trollish post, this is worth mentioning.

You cant "balance" this type of game without making everyone the same.  There are notable failures in it, but until every class gets a 1.5sec ranged cast, and a x damage melee attack there are no real ways to truly balance this game.  

You cannot  please everyone.