FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Descent of Dragons Card Reveals: November 22nd

46581-descent-of-dragons-expansion-new-f

Card reveals for Hearthstone's upcoming Descent of Dragons expansion have begun and here's a look at all the cards revealed in the first round.

Card images are a courtesy of Hearthpwn.

Card Reveals

Neutral Legendary Card

shuma.png

Priest Epic Card

envoy.png

Paladin Legendary Card

dragonrider.png

Hunter Rare Card

deeff356.pnggryphon.png

Druid Epic Card

druid.png532.png

Warrior Legendary Card

galakrond.pngheropower.png

Is that Pala legendary an Unndead pala? Lightbound Undead confirmed :)

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks that we will get another set of Allied races in 8.3.5? Makes sense, since we have one more slot left in the character creator

• Like 1

Sidequests look nice so far. I can't say the same for Galakrond though. They are like class specific C'Thuns with not too much competitive potential. It does not have enough firepower to be a late game card at 7 mana. What are you supposed to with those 3 attacks every turn, when you don't have armor anymore. Maybe some kind of aggressive warrior deck, maybe a deck with Hack the System, to complete the quest after you play the Galakrond. I don't know, it looks underwhelming.

17 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

Sidequests look nice so far. I can't say the same for Galakrond though. They are like class specific C'Thuns with not too much competitive potential. It does not have enough firepower to be a late game card at 7 mana. What are you supposed to with those 3 attacks every turn, when you don't have armor anymore. Maybe some kind of aggressive warrior deck, maybe a deck with Hack the System, to complete the quest after you play the Galakrond. I don't know, it looks underwhelming.

Well, you will have 4 minions in your hand with +4/+4. You could probably make some pretty strong plays with that.

14 minutes ago, Monlyth said:

Well, you will have 4 minions in your hand with +4/+4. You could probably make some pretty strong plays with that.

You have to fully invoke them for that, that will happen like half the time. In slower warrior decks, buffing minions is a hit or miss, you can get a buffed Grom, or a buffed Acolyte. For the quest part, I was wrong, you don't want to complete your quest that late in the game. 

In aggro/tempo warrior, this has a chance to be a good on-curve play though, +3 attack is nice to get rid of some taunts, and even drawing 2 buffed cards is a good tempo swing in later turns. That might be it for the card. We will see.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 8:51 AM, FanOfValeera said:

You have to fully invoke them for that, that will happen like half the time. In slower warrior decks, buffing minions is a hit or miss, you can get a buffed Grom, or a buffed Acolyte. For the quest part, I was wrong, you don't want to complete your quest that late in the game. 

In aggro/tempo warrior, this has a chance to be a good on-curve play though, +3 attack is nice to get rid of some taunts, and even drawing 2 buffed cards is a good tempo swing in later turns. That might be it for the card. We will see.

You may have a point but its not like warrior lacks for ways to gain armor outside of the hero ability. I imagine there will be some use for it.  But warriors problems run a little deeper than a bad alt-hero card.