FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Hearthstone 16.0.5 Balance Update Notes: December 19th

46741-patch-156-issues-fixes-coming-mond

A new balance patch for Hearthstone's Descent of Dragons will be going live tomorrow and here are the official patch notes.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Hey everyone!

The 16.0.5 balance update for Hearthstone will be going live tomorrow. Below are the included changes, and as always, we’ll be evaluating the results of these changes over the coming weeks and look forward to your feedback!

Corrupt Elementalist

• Now costs 6 Mana (up from 5).

Sludge Slurper

• Now has 1 Attack (down from 2).

Faceless Corruptor

• Now has 4 Attack (down from 5).

Mogu Fleshshaper

• Now costs 9 Mana (up from 7).

*Once these changes are live, players will be able to disenchant the adjusted cards for their full Arcane Dust value for two weeks.

Battlegrounds:

• The Boogeymonster
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 5 to Tavern Tier 4 .
  • Mechano-egg
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 5 to Tavern Tier 4.
  • The Beast
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 4 to Tavern Tier 3.
  • Coldlight Seer
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 2 to Tavern Tier 3.
  • Primalfin Lookout (changed last week)
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 4 to Tavern Tier 5.
  • Nightmare Amalgam
    • Has been removed from the pool of available minions.
  • Brann Bronzebeard
    • Has been removed from the pool of available heroes.
  • Bartendotron
    • Has been added to the pool of available heroes.

Not sure how effective this will be.    The synergy between the quest, galakrond and shudderwok is why Shaman is so damn powerful right now.      We'll see I guess

For battlegrounds I'm REALLY surprised they actually fully removed Amalgum. After looking at it since release, I couldn't find a way to balance it short of just scrapping the design of it, but it's impressive they actually did it. Shows a good sign for the future health of the game that they are willing to accept drastic changes when required.

damn I expected them to go a little harder on shaman to be honest... like said above, its the galakrond and quest there that makes it really overpowered also the invoke cards shaman has are easily the best of all classes paired with the hero power that is.
Ah well...

This will do nothing...

Mogu will still be used and remain evil, and frankly even more I think, as it can become powerful 10 mana minions now.

Corrupt Elementalist costing one more mana won't make a difference either, as it is still the strongest invoke card in the game, since it goes double, and gives two rushers.

The Slurper nerf seems pointless. Not sure why that were there, when there's far more dangerous creatures to deal with.

Faceless Corruptor... I dunno. On one hand, it's probably good that it's been weakened, yet on another, seeing as Shaman's were barely given a slap on the wrists, this mostly takes away some power against the ridiculous 5 mana double taunt 5/6 wolves.

Seeing as no impactful nerfs came, such as HoF'ing Shudderwok and Mogu, I'm predicting that Shaman will remain comfortably on their tier 1 position, potentially only fighting for the spot with Deathrattle Rogues, who I'm frankly surprised weren't touched. I guess Blizzard wants every deck to run more silence cards.