FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

LoD Hydra Wizard

Guest SenorNachos

I've been playing this at Paragorn 861. I have about 100 paragorn points used on Intelligence and the build is good for GR75 (with some difficulty).

Main complaint here is the Unity ring as no one uses it so it's purpose is zero. I'd suggest a diferent ring instead of Unity.

21 hours ago, Guest SenorNachos said:

I've been playing this at Paragorn 861. I have about 100 paragorn points used on Intelligence and the build is good for GR75 (with some difficulty).

Main complaint here is the Unity ring as no one uses it so it's purpose is zero. I'd suggest a diferent ring instead of Unity.

unity is very important in higher gr ...

On 5/24/2020 at 3:53 PM, Atgnat said:

Arcane torrent doesn’t generate “mana”. This is dangerously incorrect information. 

""Mana" is built up by Arcane Torrent - Static discharge (which hits lots of enemies) and rolling Arcane Power on Crit on the off hand. "

You'll have more than 40% crit chance in a normal setup. 

Guest Lord Torath

Deadset says most of your Hydras should be summoned via the Etched Sigil.  Has Deadset actually played with hydras and the Etched Sigil?  New hydras are only summoned when the old ones time out.

Guest Lord Torath

Also, according to the tool tips, Serpent Sparker and Deathwish both have an attack speed of 1.40 attacks/second.

Guest I build better
On 3/21/2020 at 7:39 PM, Razorback said:

I'm working on this build right now, and it's a great starting place. I have a few ideas though, and I'd like to hear what you think of them.

Passives: It's not taking advantage of the Season 20 buff at all. Since we're using the Magistrate, it's a good place to use Rimeheart. With that hat and the Hydras constantly freezing targets over and over, this is a good time to break it out. Maybe drop the Stone Gauntlets passive in place for it. As for Halo of Karini, that's a very solid defensive option. I wouldn't recommend changing it, but if you really want to go for 3/3 weapon slots, The Furnace is always a winner.

Amulet: There is *ALOT* of fire on the ground. It makes it hard to tell apart what your Hydras are doing vs. what elite packs are trying to do to you. Squirt's Necklace comes with both punch and vulnerability. Trade it out for
The Star of Azkaranth as a possible alternative?

One question I have is how are you keeping your mana built up? Right now I have all my powers set to fire-runes to get the best use out of Cindercoat. (Haven't found the Aquila Cuirass yet). I was considering changing out the Witching Hour for Hergbrash's Binding to stay fully charged. (Again, still looking for both items anyways). As a consequence, I'm not using the Elemental Exposure skill passive just yet.

I have a couple other thoughts, but I want to play the build more before I go on with them. So far I have it about half assembled and I'm already ripping through T10!

Honestly a lot of this set up makes little sense, i tried a couple of their LoD builds and my paragon 874 necromancer couldnt even get to Gr70.

I have a much better build that takes full advantage of fire damage and requires close to no mana to spam skills. I would absolutely post it but they don't allow ppl to submit better builds that the top players use anymore.

Having COLD, LIGHTNING AND ARCANE elemental skills on a FIRE build just shows this build isn't meant to help get high ranking GR. My build has me at GR95.

People need to remember that the best builds aren't released and are taken down asap when posted.

Guest Jason

Is this build viable in non-season? And if so, which weapon should I drop (this build suggests 2 weapons in the cube)? Thank you!

Guest Jason

It seems the optimal weapon to drop is Deathwish. This leaves a temporary slot where Arcane Torrent once sat. I am new to the build (and class), but I have a feeling this slot is flexible. As a non-seasonal player(22), am I missing any other hole the absence of Deathwish and Arcane Torrent creates? Any suggestions for subs?

Thank you for this most excellent build. I just stomped through GR 50 and yet I am missing 3-4 pieces and I haven't rerolled any gear. Onto 60, then 70..until I hit cap.

54 minutes ago, Guest Jason said:

As a non-seasonal player(22), am I missing any other hole the absence of Deathwish and Arcane Torrent creates? Any suggestions for subs?

In a Non-Seasonal build, your weapons will be Fragment of Destiny/Serpent Sparker (with the weaker one in the Cube), and I'd suggest using Magic WeaponMagic WeaponDeflectionDeflection in Arcane Torrent's place.

Guest MacHeinz
On 3/17/2020 at 9:01 PM, Guest Guy said:

2nd on swamp land waders. its a WD only drop so makes no sense in this build.

Elemental Damage does make a lot of sence dont you think ?

create a lvl 1 wd and roll them from yellow ones easy