FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Upcoming Ashes of Outland Balance Changes: April 8th

48796-introducing-the-demon-hunter-in-he

Senior Game Designer Dean Ayala (IksarHS) teased a balance update coming to the game later today with card adjustments for Skull of Gul'dan, Imprisoned Antaen, Eye Beam, and Aldrachi Warblades.

Blizzard Logo(Source)

We're planning on making some balance changes that should go out today. Cards we're looking at are Skull of Gul'dan, Imprisoned Antaen, Eye Beam, and Aldrachi Warblades. We'll send out the final info from our official channels when it's ready.

We're also making some adjustments to Demon Hunter in Arena. We don't have enough data to make large scale micro-adjustments, but we're opting to make balance changes by hand while we wait for the normal full patch to take place.

As for Demon Hunter class balance, we'd like to keep the class-defining pieces more powerful while pulling back on the cards that make DH feel like it's good at everything.

The expectation should be that there will be a lot of balance iteration over the next few weeks. We'll be making changes a little more frequently until we feel that DH is in a fun, unique, and balanced state.

We have another patch planned for late next week that will address any further changes we want to make to Constructed, Battlegrounds, or Arena.

Unfortunately, there was no notice in game (or in the launcher) that some of the changes are already live. I entered a match with my DH not knowing that some of the cards in my deck were nerfed. Although, once you’re playing, the cards have a red number for the cost when they are drawn into the hand, which was the first indication that anything had changed.

Skull of Gul'dan is the worst of the changes—basically useless now as it seems it doesn’t do the cost reduction on the cards it draws, and has been upped to 6 cost 😞

5 hours ago, Trest said:

Unfortunately, there was no notice in game (or in the launcher) that some of the changes are already live. I entered a match with my DH not knowing that some of the cards in my deck were nerfed. Although, once you’re playing, the cards have a red number for the cost when they are drawn into the hand, which was the first indication that anything had changed.

Skull of Gul'dan is the worst of the changes—basically useless now as it seems it doesn’t do the cost reduction on the cards it draws, and has been upped to 6 cost 😞

It has been upped to 6 mana, however, it still reduces the cost if it is outcasted. Card is still good.

I don't think the changes are enough, but we shall see. They should've touched Priestess as well. And I don't know what was annoying about Eye Beam. 

Overall, Demon Hunter is still crazy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

It has been upped to 6 mana, however, it still reduces the cost if it is outcasted. Card is still good.

Oh. I must have got confused when I tried it (I was, admittedly, a little distracted by the unexpected cost change).

Thanks for the clarification!