FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Torments No Longer Timers, All Classes Available, Legendary Mat Changes and More: Big Torghast Alpha Update for June 3rd

49361-torghast-changes-for-april-22nd-ta

We have one of the biggest Torghast updates since Alpha launched today, as all classes are now available and have anima powers, Torments have been revamped to be additional challenges instead of a timer, and a lot more Anima power tweaks, bug fixes etc.

Blizzard LogoJune 3 (source)

• All classes now have Anima Powers and can venture into Torghast.

• Many classes have received new Anima Powers that affect their Covenant Class abilities.

• Torment Update!

• Torments no longer scale with time.

• Torments are now additional challenges based on the floor types you have encountered on this run.

• Developers’ notes: We’ve heard your feedback that Torments were adding too much time pressure. The Jailer may still torment you on higher levels of Torghast, but Torments will not scale with time.
    • Breath of Coldheart Breath of Coldheart  now increases the health of enemy monsters by a flat percentage based on the number of Coldheart Interstitia floors climbed.

• Mort'regar's Echoes Mort'regar's Echoes now increase the Magic damage enemy monsters inflict by a flat percentage based on the number of Mort’regar floors climbed.

• Might of the Upper Reaches Might of the Upper Reaches now increases the Physical damage enemy monsters inflict by a flat percentage based on the number of Upper Reaches floors climbed.

• Developers’ notes: The changes above were inspired by feedback that Torments that reduce your power feel worse than torments that affect your enemies. As always, we will continue to tune and keep a close eye on difficulty.
  • Rewards and Access

• Legendary materials now only drop from cell block runs, not from the Twisting Corridors.

• Developers’ notes: Looting a Resonating Chest may generate a message that says that you have received “bonus materials” for a “timely completion”. This is an artifact from a previous design that has since been removed, and can be ignored.
    • Chests in the Twisting Corridors now drop [PH] Twisted Dust Twisted Dust , which will be used for cosmetic rewards.

• Portals to the six cell blocks (not the Twisting Corridors) now take you to fully-randomized 6-block runs, rather than the pre-set quest run. This includes a Wayfinder on floor 1 that allows you to choose your difficulty.

• Two of Torghast’s six cell blocks are open per week. For testing purposes, the available blocks will change daily. They will change weekly in the final version of the game.

• Access to the Twisting Corridors will always be available in addition to the two theme blocks.

• Developers’ notes: Players who seek Legendary materials alone can do so in Torghast’s cell blocks, and can earn more materials by climbing higher. Players who are looking for cosmetics, or who simply want to play without pressure, can do so in the Twisting Corridors.
  • More Notes

• This build includes many bug fixes. Thank you very much for your bug reports!
    • Remember: Alpha is alpha. Things will still change, especially rewards, tuning, and Torghast’s interaction with outside systems.
    • We really appreciate all of your testing and feedback.

Related Shadowlands 9.0.1 Alpha Build 34615 News

• Like 1

this already seems like they're listening more to feedback than from 2 years ago (bfa alpha/beta). what do you guys think?

48 minutes ago, TyZone said:

this already seems like they're listening more to feedback than from 2 years ago (bfa alpha/beta). what do you guys think?

i agree just wish they change the name of the xpac to wow tower of thorghast alrdy since they seem to be focusing so much on it im afraid the rest of the xpac will be lackluster . 

55 minutes ago, elmurufdd said:

i agree just wish they change the name of the xpac to wow tower of thorghast alrdy since they seem to be focusing so much on it im afraid the rest of the xpac will be lackluster . 

I definitely get what you mean, it could be similar to World of Warcraft: Garrisons and World of Warcraft: Pandaren Farm.

Each expansion seems to now have a gimmick of a feature that they put many efforts into - and I like that if it doesn't displace gameplay, but rather complements it - though I appreciate the concern that it bleeds the rest of the content too dry.

20 hours ago, elmurufdd said:

Personally I like that tbh. I'd rather they focus on 1 big idea per expansion and maybe get that right so it's a new pillar of gameplay forever than do some watered down crap on all fronts like BfA. I know a lot of the community will whine because they don't like the focus or their favorite area of the game isn't getting attention, but this really is the only way to go forward and not have the game stagnate and eventually die.

19 hours ago, TyZone said:

I definitely get what you mean, it could be similar to World of Warcraft: Garrisons and World of Warcraft: Pandaren Farm.

Each expansion seems to now have a gimmick of a feature that they put many efforts into - and I like that if it doesn't displace gameplay, but rather complements it - though I appreciate the concern that it bleeds the rest of the content too dry.

See I have to go the exact opposite way there. The only reason the garrison aka player housing isn't a core part of WoW today is because they left it half-baked. People whined to hell and back (and completely hyperbolicaly I might add) and Blizz just let it die instead of refining and improving it, getting us player or at least guild housing an expansion or two later. It's the classic corporate short term thinking and lack of conviction that's prevalent in ALL major studios today, and then when wonder why their games are so bland and uninteresting.

TLDR: I hate you all for taking garrisons away 😄

9 hours ago, Starym said:

See I have to go the exact opposite way there. The only reason the garrison aka player housing isn't a core part of WoW today is because they left it half-baked. People whined to hell and back (and completely hyperbolicaly I might add) and Blizz just let it die instead of refining and improving it, getting us player or at least guild housing an expansion or two later. It's the classic corporate short term thinking and lack of conviction that's prevalent in ALL major studios today, and then when wonder why their games are so bland and uninteresting.

TLDR: I hate you all for taking garrisons away 😄

I can appreciate that. I loved the farm and garrison for their time!

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 12:09 AM, Starym said:

Personally I like that tbh. I'd rather they focus on 1 big idea per expansion and maybe get that right so it's a new pillar of gameplay forever than do some watered down crap on all fronts like BfA. I know a lot of the community will whine because they don't like the focus or their favorite area of the game isn't getting attention, but this really is the only way to go forward and not have the game stagnate and eventually die.

Totally agree with you here. I still think Warfronts are still one of the biggest examples of huge untapped potential in BFA. If done right Warfronts could've been so much more and better, yet it's like they spent a few days on it and couldn't be bothered anymore. I would've definitely sacrificed some other stuff to make Warfronts something big. And there were a few other activities that felt lackluster, but could've been so much more.

Hope they won't make that mistake again.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      It's been a while since we heard from Hurricane and his Black Temple cinematic, which has been in the works for around 9 months now, and we have finally got a date for it! With Hurricane's incredible talent and this much work put into it, it's really going to be something amazing, and apparently we're getting "a whole new adventure" on August 8th, as the project has expanded.
      Hurricane's cinematics are legendary and among the best fan-made WoW content out there, and as he's stated in the past, the Black Temple one is way more ambitious than any he's done before. Let's also take a look at the original Black Temple cinematic announcement one more time:
      We've previously spoken to Hurricane after his also amazing Naxxramas cinematic, so if you're interested in his process and how and why he got started, including his work for private servers, check that one out as well.
      There are many more awesome Hurricane related videos to check out as well:
      WoW Classic Cinematic
      Naxxramas Cinematic
      Burning Crusade Cinematic
      Journey to Gilneas Machinima (Inspired/mentored by Hurrcane)
    • By Stan
      Some players who pre-ordered Shadows Rising got their hands on the novel well ahead of the July 14 release date, and Blizzard made one of the most fan-requested pairings reality. This article contains spoilers.
      Blizzard Watch confirmed that Master Matthias Shaw, Leader of SI:7, and Flynn Fairwind end up together and start a relationship in the novel.
      Alliance players very well know both characters. Shaw leads SI:7 in Stormwind, and you encounter him during the BfA War Campaign on multiple occasions.

Flynn Fairwind's storyline occurs in Tiragarde Sound, and based on the dialogue; the vast majority thought he had a secret crush on Taelia Fordragon.

However, the developer who designed Flynn confirmed that this was mostly done to give the character more depth and that Flynn was indeed bisexual.
      Placeholder for tweet 1280622957442686976
    • By Starym
      The postponed Shadowlands event stream is coming tomorrow and a lot of us have been speculating about what exactly we can expect from it. Seemingly we've heard all the big hitters of the expansion since it was announced, from the story elements, Torghast as the new big activity, level squish, class changes, etc, so what else is there that Blizzard can wow us with tomorrow?
      What we probably won't be seeing
      First off let's eliminate one big possibility, post-release content details. Due to the nature of the Shadowlands story and narrative it seems very unlikely we get any sort of info on patches 9.1 and on, as we still don't really know the actual plot of the main Shadowlands experience, and a lot of effort has gone into making it interesting and mysterious. Finding out how the Jailer/Sylvanas/Arbiter/souls narrative will continue into later patches during the event would be a pretty anti-climactic thing to do and would definitely annoy a lot of players, so it's very unlikely that it'll happen.
      The minor things we definitely will be seeing
      You can be sure to expect developer explanations on some of the choices made throughout Alpha, the changes that have been implemented, basically a recap of all the bigger news we've already heard about from the Alpha itself, with a lot of behind the scenes details on why things were done the way they were. We might also get a deeper dive into the class balancing that's been going on.
      The release date
      This one's pretty straight forward, we get the exact release date for Shadowlands, and maybe it's earlier than expected. At the moment, with all the pandemic issues, the release date would most likely be expected around November, but we might get a surprise announcement for August or similar.
      The Beta is announced/big Beta news
      This one seems extremely likely, as it's a big hype moment and doesn't really require a lot of additional work. There are plenty of variations and extensions to this, with the hypest of things being "and it's starting tomorrow!", and that one might actually happen and is my No.2 pick for what's actually going to happen. The other big beta-related move would be "and everyone's invited!" aka it's an Open beta right off the bat. The end of expansion period is always long and pretty boring, and with Shadowlands still being quite a ways off, especially with the possible extension related to the pandemic, any additional content is a plus, which leads me directly to my No.1 pick and the thing I'm actually really excited for.
      A Massive Pre-expansion Event

This is the one I'm personally pulling for: a big event following or preceeding the Shadowlands intro cinematic that has us dealing with the repercussions of the shattering of the helm/the gate to the Maw being opened or with events preceding the cinematic, more related to BfA, as an epilogue. We know there will be an event already, and we're assuming it will be of comparable scale to the other pre-expansion events, but what I feel would be a great move is the announcement of the event actually being basically half a patch sized. Blizzard previously announced we wouldn't be getting a patch 8.3.5 and Shadowlands is still a long way away, so this would be the perfect time to introduce a major event, with quests, dailies, invasions and perhaps even a raid? Now what exactly the event is is a little unclear, but whatever the theme might be, it could be a bigger chunk of content than we've ever gotten for the pre-event, and that would certainly be reason enough for a big stream reveal event like this.
      There is a pretty logical and great setup for the event already, basically WotLK 2.0, as the Scourge become leaderless after the helm shatters (and we know Arthas, and Bolvar after him, have been keeping the legions of undead in check), but that might not be what we get. The Shadowlands intro event seems to pick up quite soon after the events of the cinematic, with Bolvar "having recovered" from the confrontation with Sylvanas and is getting us ready to go into the Shadowlands. However, there might still be a period of time in-between the cinematic's end and the start experience, with Bolvar incapacitated/recovering and needing our help with the unleashed Scourge, which would be a great setup for invasions, world quests and even (wait for it) Naxxramas 3.0! Obviously it wouldn't be Kel'thuzad in charge of it, but some other random lich taking control of a bunch of undead (who suspiciously look like and have the same mechanics of all the Naxxramas bosses) and deciding to invade Azeroth, which would be a nice re-vamp of the original WotLK event.
      Obviously what the event specifically is isn't really relevant, but getting the news that it will be a much bigger one than usual and that there's a lot more content coming before Shadowlands (perhaps even the level squish and some other Shadowlands features) would be huge, so let's hope! There's also the same hyper-hype factor as for beta, as the stream could end with a big "and it's coming tomorrow!" closing.

In the end, it seems there should be some big announcement coming with the stream, but with so much of the Shadowlands content already covered in the Alpha, hopefully it won't be underwhelming. We don't have to wait long to find out, as the stream starts tomorrow, July 8th at 6 PM CEST!
    • By Starym
      Last time we checked it we were almost certain that damn garrison drop would happen, but it took another few days instead and now we're here! DesMephisto has gathered all available plate transmog in the game! Congratulations!
      It's been a long journey, helped by the 40+ plate classes he could run to get some of the rare pieces like the Argus chest and this final garrison one. And so the Formidable Leggings were the final item acquired, so surely they should get some sort of notice from Blizzard, maybe an achievement or similar? Let's take a look at the exact moment and massive amounts of hype when it happened:

Related DesMephisto articles:
      DesMephisto with Only 3 More Plate Items to Go (99.957%)
      DesMephisto on the Return of Single-Minded Fury
      DesMephisto's Quest for All the Plate in the World: A Short Interview
      46 Max Level Warriors, Druids/Paladins Next, Guinness World Record, Autism Charity and More: the DesMephisto Interview
      Leveling 10-50 Takes Under 4 Hours on Shadowlands Alpha

• By Stan
      We're looking at all Legendary Powers that have been added on Shadowlands Alpha so far. 
      In Shadowlands, players will be able to create Legendary Armor and imbue it with class-specific Legendary Powers. Note that not all powers are currently available and some tooltips may be inaccurate.
      Death Knight
      All Specializations
      Superstrain - Your Frost Fever, Blood Plague, and Virulent Plague also apply the other two diseases. Phearomones - You and your minions gain 10% Haste while you are inside your Death and Decay and enemies damaged by your Death and Decay have a chance to cower in place for 3 sec. Death's Embrace - Increases the duration of Anti-Magic Shell by 100% and any damage it absorbs heals you. Grip of the Everlasting - For 3 sec after casting Death Grip, you may cast the spell a second time without regard for its cooldown. Blood
      Bryndaor's Might - Death Strike refunds 15% of Runic Power spent if it heals you for more than 10% of your maximum health. Crimson Rune Weapon - When a charge of Bone Shield is consumed, the cooldown of Dancing Rune Weapon is reduced by 30 sec. Additionally, when Dancing Rune Weapon fades, your Rune regeneration rate is increased by 40% for 10 sec. Gorefiend's Domination - Heart Strike reduces the remaining cooldown on Vampiric Blood by 2 seconds. Vampiric Aura - Your Vampiric Blood ability also affects all party members for 50% of the effect it has on you. Frost
      Koltira's Favor - Obliterate deals 10% increased damage and has a 15% chance to refund 2 runes. Biting Cold - Remorseless Winter damage is increased byy 15%. The first time Remorseless Winter deals damage to 3 different enemies, you gain Rime. Absolute Zero - Frostwyrm's Fury has 50% reduced cooldown and Freezes all enemies hit for 3 sec. Unholy
      Reanimated Shambler - Your attacks have a chance to summon a Super Zombie that shambles forward and explodes, dealing [ 124% of Attack Power ] Shadow damage and applying a Festering Wound to 8 nearby enemies. Frenzied Monstrosity - Dark Transformation also increases the attack speed and damage of you and your Monstrosity by 20%. Death's Certainty - Death Strike and Death Coil deal 10% increased damage and reduce the remaining cooldown of Death and Decay by 2.0 sec. Deadliest Coil - Reduces the Runic Power cost of Death Coil by 10 and Death Coil increases the duration of Dark Transformation by 2 sec. Mage
      All Specializations
      Expanded Potential - Your Fireball, Frostbolt and Arcane Blast have a chance to give you Expanded Potential, which causes your next Hot Streak, Brain Freeze or Clearcasting to not be consumed. Disciplinary Command - Casting a Frost, Fire and Arcane spell within 10 sec of each other increases your Critical Strike damage of all your spells by 10%. This effect can only occur once every 30 sec. Grisly Icicle - Your Frost, Fire, and Arcane damage against enemies affected by Frost Nova is increased by 10% and no longer breaks it. Arcane
      Arcane Harmony - Increases the damage done by Arcane Missiles by 10%. Each time Arcane Missiles hits an enemy, the damage of your next Arcane Barrage is increased by 2%. This effect stacks. Arcane Bombardment - Arcane Barrage deals an additional 40% damage against targets below 35% health. Siphon Storm - Evocation grants 2 Arcane Charges, and while channeling Evocation, your Intellect is increased by 2% every 1 sec. Lasts 30 sec. Triune Ward - Casting any Barrier spell grants the effects of Blazing Barrier, Ice Barrier, and Prismatic Barrier. Each absorb shield has 40% effectiveness. Temporal Warp - While you have Temporal Displacement or other similar effects, you may use Time Warp at a reduced effectiveness, granting [ 15 + 25% of Spell Power ]% Haste for 20 sec. Frost
      Slick Ice - While Icy Veins is active, each Frostbolt you cast reduces the cast time of Frostbolt by 5%, stacking up to 10 times. Cold Front - Casting 15 Frostbolts or Flurries calls down a Frozen Orb on your target. Hitting an enemy player counts as double. Freezing Winds - While Frozen Orb is active, you gain Fingers of Frost every 5 sec. While Frozen Orb is not active, each Frostbolt reduces the cooldown of Frozen Orb by 2.5 sec. Glacial Fragments - Ice Lance has a 15% chance to explode into shards of ice when it hits a target, dealing [ 40% of Spell Power ] Frost damage to up to 5 enemies near your target. This chance is increased to 50% if your target is standing in a Blizzard. Fire
      Fevered Incantation - Each consecutive critical strike you deal increases critical strike damage you deal by 2%. Firestorm - When Hot Streak activates, you have a low chance to cause all Pyroblasts and Flamestrikes to have no cast time and be guaranteed critical strikes for 5 sec. Molten Skyfall - Casting 30 Fireballs or Pyroblasts calls down a Meteor on your target. Hitting an enemy player counts as double. Sun King's Blessing - After consuming 6 Hot Streaks, your next non-instant Pyroblast cast within 15 sec grants you Combustion for 6 sec. Priest
      All Specializations
      Cauterizing Shadows - When Shadow Word: Pain expires on a target, 5 allies within 20 yards of the target are healed for 6% of their maximum health. Restored Faith - Leap of Faith instead causes you to leap to your target, and has 2 charges. Discipline
      Clarity of Mind - During Rapture, Power Word: Shield costs 20% less mana and applies 6 second longer Atonements. Crystalline Reflection - Power Word: Shield instantly heals the target for [ 30% of Spell Power ] and reflects 30% of damage absorbed. Kiss of Death - Reduces Shadow Word: Death's cooldown by 8 sec and causes its damage to trigger Atonement. The Penitent One - Power Word: Radiance has a 50% chance to cause your next Penance to fire 3 extra bolts. Holy
      Divine Image - When you use a Holy Word spell, you have a chance to summon an image of a Naaru at your side. For 15 sec, whenever you cast a spell, the Naaru will cast a similar spell. Flash Concentration - Each time you cast Flash Heal, your next Heal cast within 15s has its casting time reduced by 0 sec and healing increased by 10%, stacking up to 3 times. Harmonious Apparatus - Circle of Healing, Holy Fire, and Prayer of Mending reduce the cooldown of Holy Word: Sanctify, Holy Word: Chastise, and Holy Word: Serenity by 4s. The Alabaster Lady - Prayer of Mending healing has a 8% chance to grant you Apotheosis for 8 sec. Shadow
      Call to the Void - Mind Flay has a chance to spawn a Void Tendril that channels Mind Flay at your target for 10 seconds, generating 3 insanity when it deals damage. Painbreaker Psalm - Shadow Word: Death consumes 6 sec of Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch, instantly dealing that damage to the target and generating 10 Insanity. Shadowflame Prism - Your Shadowfiend or Mindbender deals 20% additional damage as Shadowflame damage, and the cooldown on Shadowfiend and Mindbender is reduced by 40%. Shaman
      All Specializations
      Ancestral Reminder - Bloodlust or any similar effects last an additional 20.0 sec on you, and you gain an extra 10% Haste from any Bloodlust type effect. Chains of Devastation - Casting Chain Heal makes your next Chain Lightning instant cast. Casting Chain Lightning makes your next Chain Heal instant cast. Deeply Rooted Elements - Casting Stormstrike has a 5.1% chance to activate Ascendance for 6.0 sec. Deeptremor Stone - Earth Elemental has a permanent Earthquake attached to it. Elemental
      Echoes of Great Sundering - When you consume 6 or more stacks of Fulmination with Earth Shock, your next Earthquake will be instant cast and deal 6% additional damage. Elemental Equilibrium - Dealing direct Fire damage increases the damage of your next Frost spell by 30%. Dealing Frost damage increases the damage of your next Nature spell by 25%. Dealing Nature damage increases the damage of your next Fire spell by 20%. Skybreaker's Fiery Demise - Flame Shock damage over time critical strikes reduce the cooldown of Fire Elemental by 1.0 sec, and Flame Shock has a 30% increased critical strike chance. Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence - When you consume 6 or more stacks of Fulmination with Earth Shock, gain Lava Surge and increase the damage of your next Lava Burst by 6%. Enhancement
      Doom Winds - Dropping Windfury Totem grants you 100% inceased chance to gain Windfury Weapon for 8 sec. This can only occur once every 60 sec. Primal Lava Actuators - Each time Flame Shock deals Periodic damage, increase the damage of your next Lava Lash by 10% and reduce the cooldown of Lava Lash by 0.5 sec. Legacy of the Frost Witch - Consuming 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon will reset the cooldown of Stormstrike and cause your next Stormstrike to deal 100% increased damage. Witch Doctor's Wolf Bones - Increases the chance to gain a stack of Maelstrom Weapon by 5%, and whenever you gain a stack of Maelstrom Weapon, the cooldown of Feral Spirits is reduced by 2.0 sec. Restoration
      Earthen Harmony - Earth Shield healing is increased by 300% if your Earth Shield target is below 50% health, and Healing Wave adds a stack of Earth Shield to your target, up to 9 maximum stacks. Jonat's Natural Focus - Healing Wave and Healing Surge increase the healing done by your next Chain Heal by 0%, stacking up to 0 times. Primal Tide Core - Every 4 casts of Riptide also applies Riptide to another friendly target near your Riptide target. Spiritwalker's Tidal Totem - After using Mana Tide Totem, the cast time of Healing Wave and Chain Heal is reduced by 50%, and the mana cost of Chain Heal and Healing Wave is reduced by 100% for 10 sec. Warrior
      Arms
      Battlelord - Your Slam has a 30% chance to reset the cooldown of Mortal Strike. Enduring Blow - Your Mortal Strike has a 15% chance to apply the Colossus Smash effect to your target for 5 sec. Exploiter - Execute causes the target to take 25% more damage from your next Mortal Strike, stacking up to 2 times. Unhinged - While Bladestorm is active, you automatically cast a total of 2 Mortal Strikes at random nearby enemies. Fury
      Cadence of Fujieda - Bloodthirst increases your Haste by 2% for 5 sec, stacking up to 4 times. Deathmaker - Your Rampage has a 25% chance to apply the Siegebreaker effect to your target for 5 sec. Leaper - Heroic Leap gains 2 additional charges. Misshapen Mirror - Spell Reflection lasts 200% longer, and applies to your party. Reckless Defense - Rampage critical strikes reduce your Recklessness and Enraged Regeneration cooldown by 3 sec. Seismic Reverberation - If Whirlwind hits 3 or more enemies, it hits them 1 additional time. Signet of Tormented Kings - Activating Bladestorm, Recklessness, or Avatar randomly casts one of the other two abilities at reduced effectiveness. Will of the Berserker - When Recklessness expires, your Critical Strike is increased by 5% for 5 sec. Your Raging Blow will refresh the duration of this effect. Protection
      Reprisal - The first Intercepted attack granst you Ignore Pain and make your next Revenge cost no Rage. The Wall - Shield Slam generates an additional 2 Rage and reduces the remaining cooldown of Shield Wall by 4 sec. Thunderlord - Each enemy you hit with Thunder Clap reduces the remaining cooldown on Demoralizing Shout by 3 sec. Unbreakable Will - Your Shield Wall ability now grants 50% of its effect to all party members. An overview of all Legendary Powers added on the Alpha so far.