FORUMS
Damien

Demon Hunter Hungering Arrow with GoD

On 7/12/2020 at 11:43 AM, Guest Hi! said:

Wondering if Fan of KnivesFan of Knives effect last for only 1 second or longer to get the Cull the WeakCull the Weak passive to be effective. If it is only for 1 second and we tend to rush around a lot, is it not more beneficial those 20% passive to use Bane of the TrappedBane of the Trapped gem instead of TaegukTaeguk?

Hey there - keep in mind that your follower (most likely a Templar) is equipped with incredibly potent CC legendaries in the face of Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the WindseekerThunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker and The Ess of JohanThe Ess of Johan, and possibly others as well. They are very effective procs for Cull the Weak, along with any incidental CC secondary stats you might get on gear (Chance to Slow, Freeze, etc.) BotT is not a bad gem by any means, but Taeguk is a better rounded bonus, and you have more means to keep Cull up than just Bladed Armor. Your observation is correct though - the slow from the Cold rune is 1 second long!

On 7/12/2020 at 9:53 PM, Guest foobar said:

Is it advisable to even keep a follower around while solo pushing GRs?

I most certainly keep the Templar around; equip The Ess of JohanThe Ess of Johan as his amulet and he will be an immense benefit to building up density, rather than an obstacle!

1 hour ago, Guest Keorl said:

Does it make sense to use one of the 5 passives in a hellfire amulet so that you have all 5, instead of "the flavor of time" ? Or am I just wrong ? I'm not fond of the flavor of time's legendary effect as is relies on rng and seems like a default amulet you use when you don't have a much better choice.

Hellfire Amulet is not explicitly a "mistake", no, and I definitely understand your reluctance towards The Flavor of Time - it's a very painful amulet to perfect, and encourages "GR fishing" for perfect circumstances to make the most of it (though its results are undeniable). Over time, and you'll observe it on the leaderboards as well, The Flavor of Time will elevate "better rolled" GR RNG into the highest clears over a more steady bonus like Archery.

If you are not going to chase after those highest of high clears though, and are looking for a steady performance, you will not go wrong with a good rolled Hellfire, or even The Ess of Johan to assist you with density creation.

Guest johanguif

I have changed the convention of elements to the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac which has so far allowed me to be on vengeance none stop.

Am I losing in the change?

On 7/8/2020 at 12:50 PM, Deadset said:

Hey! To increase tankyness over raw DPS, I can recommend doing the following:

1) Going with the Fortress BallistaFortress Ballista over Valla's Bequest (very viable weapon alteration overall);

2) Replacing the Convention of Elements in the Cube with Elusive RingElusive Ring (noticeable damage dropoff, but great increase in toughness/consistency);

3) If the above was not enough, dropping the Focus+Restraint ring combo for a UnityUnity (along with one on your follower, plus an immortality relic like Enchanting FavorEnchanting Favor for him) plus Convention of Elements ring duo.

For the Convention of Elements  is the preferred burst element  cold, physical, or both? As I have not used it before one Demon hunter so I am not sure how there attacks work with the ring.

On 7/16/2020 at 12:17 PM, Guest johanguif said:

I have changed the convention of elements to the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac which has so far allowed me to be on vengeance none stop. Am I losing in the change?

Hey - if you are using a well-rolled Dawn 1h crossbow (as close to the 65% Vengeance CD reduction effect as possible) and have at least 37% CDR in your sheet, you will have perfect overlap of Vengeance, which makes ORotZ unnecessary. I can see it being helpful earlier on in character progression, but do keep in mind it's a crutch you will have to move away from eventually to increase your damage.

On 7/17/2020 at 9:38 AM, Acinonyx said:

For the Convention of Elements  is the preferred burst element  cold, physical, or both? As I have not used it before one Demon hunter so I am not sure how there attacks work with the ring.

The Convention of Elements ring actually rotates through element damage increases on its own! You have no agency over its effect, simply try to obtain one with as high of an elemental damage bonus as you can (200% is the maximum). Ideally you'll have drawn monster attention in one big pack and use your Wolf Companion cooldown right as the Cold rotation starts; that's when your damage spikes in this build (the Devouring Arrow on Hungering Arrow, your main damage dealer, deals Cold damage).

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2020 at 4:26 AM, Deadset said:

Hey - if you are using a well-rolled Dawn 1h crossbow (as close to the 65% Vengeance CD reduction effect as possible) and have at least 37% CDR in your sheet, you will have perfect overlap of Vengeance, which makes ORotZ unnecessary. I can see it being helpful earlier on in character progression, but do keep in mind it's a crutch you will have to move away from eventually to increase your damage.

The Convention of Elements ring actually rotates through element damage increases on its own! You have no agency over its effect, simply try to obtain one with as high of an elemental damage bonus as you can (200% is the maximum). Ideally you'll have drawn monster attention in one big pack and use your Wolf Companion cooldown right as the Cold rotation starts; that's when your damage spikes in this build (the Devouring Arrow on Hungering Arrow, your main damage dealer, deals Cold damage).

Ah thanks very much, I have all the necessary items and now am just in the process of upgrading,  but I could could not tell how to properly use the convention of elements.  Now with some practical I should have easier time pushing. 

Guest Japskimo

Has anyone figured out the workaround for the stacks of momentum dropping constantly? It’s supposed to continue to be stacking while strafing but my stacks are dropping one per second. Thoughts? 

21 hours ago, Guest Japskimo said:

Has anyone figured out the workaround for the stacks of momentum dropping constantly? It’s supposed to continue to be stacking while strafing but my stacks are dropping one per second. Thoughts? 

It's a rather simple thing and you might not be overlooking it, but you do know yu are supposed to shoot with Hungering Arrow as you Strafe, right? This keeps the GoD stacks up.

Guest Question

So if strafe is powered by Hunkering Arrow does strafe +% add damage?

FYI: I got a primal Eye of Etlich with its -35% ranged damage reduction and it adds huge to my survivability! Most of the time I'm at ranged distance anyway.

On 8/16/2020 at 1:05 AM, Guest Question said:

So if strafe is powered by Hunkering Arrow does strafe +% add damage?

FYI: I got a primal Eye of Etlich with its -35% ranged damage reduction and it adds huge to my survivability! Most of the time I'm at ranged distance anyway.

Strafe is simply the mechanic the set uses to spam Hungering Arrows, bumping its damage via "+X% Strafe Damage" rolls will not contribute to the damage of the build.

Congrats on the Eye of Etlich! It's a great and underrated amulet, and can roll really nicely!

5 hours ago, ricardocastro said:

Dexterity, CHC, CDR, Attack Speed, HA% and max Legendary effect

Yup, just chiming in to confirm this. Avoid Strafe % damage, Hungering Arrow % is what you're after. Maximizing the legendary power is also a primary concern for the rolls.

Greetings, my wife and I play on the Xbox couch co-op.  She has decided to try the Shadow impale set for the first time and I am using the GoD set.  I have tried the God Support build and that seems like it would best be suited for 4 man groups.  I thought I had seen a build that uses entangling shot for the damage increase from all sources, as well as HA but I do not see it anywhere.  Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? TYI

On 8/28/2020 at 6:58 AM, Samsouthstar said:

Greetings, my wife and I play on the Xbox couch co-op.  She has decided to try the Shadow impale set for the first time and I am using the GoD set.  I have tried the God Support build and that seems like it would best be suited for 4 man groups.  I thought I had seen a build that uses entangling shot for the damage increase from all sources, as well as HA but I do not see it anywhere.  Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? TYI

Do you mean like a build that is a hybrid of support and DPS? I don't think we have anything like that here on the website, though we do have a DPS variant that focuses on Bolas for damage aside from the main HA DPS version of the build. For what it's worth, I think the GoD Support could still be of use to a 2-DH party, although a Barbarian Support would be ideal in a party like that.

Guest Supremist

Hello,

Is there a easy way to get the GoD set? Or is it just random drops?

On 9/13/2020 at 7:52 PM, Guest Supremist said:

Is there a easy way to get the GoD set? Or is it just random drops?

Hey! It's a random drop, like all the other class sets. We do have some advice on how to obtain sets more efficiently though - check it out here!

Rare Patron

With this build, is Strafe doing lightning damage or cold damage?

As recommended, I'm using Hungering Arrow - Devouring Arrow and Strafe - Drifting Shadow and I see Cold Damage is recommended for amulet and bracers.  Normally Strafe - Drifting Shadow is lightning damage but when the GoD set modifies Strafe to use the last primary skill, it's not clear if that modifies the damage type to cold as well.  I can't tell by watching.

Replaced CoE with Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac in the cube...perma Vengeance, Shadow Power, and Companion proc...I honestly see no reason for CoE  and this is at Torment XVI....so anything lower, and you should be shooting the breeze.

On 9/18/2020 at 1:47 PM, Palnorum said:

As recommended, I'm using Hungering Arrow - Devouring Arrow and Strafe - Drifting Shadow and I see Cold Damage is recommended for amulet and bracers.  Normally Strafe - Drifting Shadow is lightning damage but when the GoD set modifies Strafe to use the last primary skill, it's not clear if that modifies the damage type to cold as well.  I can't tell by watching.

You'd be doing whatever element the last primary you shot (hungering arrow), so cold...depending on rune of course. At high torments, its all about CC, though you can switch to whatever you manage to get away with. You can tell by the enemy movements, they'll be slowed down(chilled).

On 9/18/2020 at 8:47 PM, Palnorum said:

Hey - Strafe damage will not be modified by the Hungering Arrow rune, and it will still do Lightning Damage from Drifting Shadow. But! In this build, Strafe is simply the means to activate the GoD set powers, and is not responsible for damage dealing - Hungering Arrow is, and thus the recommendation for Cold elemental damage rolls on your gear. Think of Strafe as a utility and movement skill.

Guest Question

Would Squirt's Necklace + Fortress Ballista perform better than The Flavour of Time + Valla's Bequest?

Guest Ringo

I'm curious why Wolf Companion gets the nod over Marked For Death?  Shouldn't MFD's 15% dmg have more uptime through Contagion or Valley of Death?

Guest Guest Danimal

Similar issue - I'm getting one-shotted at GR99 despite following the gear and skill instructions to the letter.  I know there are swaps I can make (Fortress Ballista etc) but I also know that if I'm playing with optimal gear and skills, it must be my playstyle that's lacking.  Is there a YouTube video you'd recommend of someone using this build to its full potential?

On 10/1/2020 at 5:45 PM, Guest Guest Danimal said:

Similar issue - I'm getting one-shotted at GR99 despite following the gear and skill instructions to the letter.  I know there are swaps I can make (Fortress Ballista etc) but I also know that if I'm playing with optimal gear and skills, it must be my playstyle that's lacking.  Is there a YouTube video you'd recommend of someone using this build to its full potential?

Ditch the FoT in favor of Squirts with Crit\Crit\Dex or Vit or Area. Swap Drifting Shadow for Rocket Storm rune (helps to proc your Valla's). Trade Shadow Power for Smoke Screen\Vanishing Powder and replace the cubed CoE with an Elusive Ring for a 60% damage reduction. Or you can build an uber tough Templar follower and cube Unity. With augments and legendary gems between 110-120, I can solo 120 with ease.