FORUMS
Damien

Demon Hunter Hungering Arrow with GoD

On 9/26/2020 at 3:20 AM, Guest Question said:

Would Squirt's Necklace + Fortress Ballista perform better than The Flavour of Time + Valla's Bequest?

Valla's Bequest brings too much value to the build with its unique effect to ignore, I'm afraid.

On 10/1/2020 at 9:28 AM, Guest Ringo said:

I'm curious why Wolf Companion gets the nod over Marked For Death?  Shouldn't MFD's 15% dmg have more uptime through Contagion or Valley of Death?

Wolf Companion is quite easier to work around; it's simply a cooldown pop and you get an extra "body" on the battlefield to soak enemy damage, vs. the need to carefully pick out MfD targets and micromange them, either through Valley or Contagion. I wouldn't say MfD is unusable, but in practice the Wolf simply plays out smoother.

On 10/2/2020 at 12:45 AM, Guest Guest Danimal said:

(...) but I also know that if I'm playing with optimal gear and skills, it must be my playstyle that's lacking. 

It's understandable wanting to see it played! If you are following the guide closely already, it might be a matter of playstyle. I can recommend this video by fellow theorycrafter Raxxanterax to see the build in practice.

On 10/4/2020 at 5:46 PM, Sabrast said:

(...) how much CD i need with items to get %100 uptime??

When you open up your character inventory and check out the Details section, you can see your current sheet CDR. The basic goal is to reach or slightly surpass 37%; at that breakpoint, a max rolled Dawn will get you 100% Vengeance uptime. Ideally, you will want a max rolled Dawn, but even with a 63%-er you will reach 98% uptime with just 3 max cooldown rolls on gear, plus the Diamond in helm and maxed Paragons. I wouldn't suggest wasting a fourth gear roll on CDR, but to focus on obtaining a perfected Dawn instead.

Guest Question

Would The Ess of Johan possibly be a better option for the jewellery cube slot instead of Convention of Elements?

Guest Apoc

Really a non-issue, I'm sure, but perhaps a bit of housekeeping... The Legendary Salvage Guide lists Leonine Bow of Hashir as a piece of the GoD HA DH build, but it's clearly not for HA, but for the bola variant, so it should link to that variant and not the HA main build.

Guest Craig

What's the point of prioritizing cold damage % on the equips? None of the skills does cold damage.

4 hours ago, Guest Craig said:

What's the point of prioritizing cold damage % on the equips? None of the skills does cold damage.

Hey there! Despite appearances, your main damage dealer in the build is actually Hungering Arrow with Devouring Arrow, and that rune deals Cold damage.

Guest Quest

Is this build outdated or am i missing something cuz damage is not enough at GR95 and above?  Necromancer has tons more survavibility and 3x more damage at same time :D

On 3/13/2021 at 11:15 AM, Guest Quest said:

Is this build outdated or am i missing something cuz damage is not enough at GR95 and above?  Necromancer has tons more survavibility and 3x more damage at same time 😄

Heya - hard to say why you are struggling to clear GR95 without looking at your character specifically, but this is a build capable of significantly higher than that! 🙂 If you post a link to your Battle.net character I can take a closer look and give you some specific tips, perhaps.

Guest Hythix

DISCLAIMER: I'm casual, not a pro max-GR pusher. That said I do love me some DH, and the smoother it plays the happier I am. Also I do not run seasons so there is no 4th cube slot in the build variation I use.

I run Iceblink instead of Stricken, and a Hellfire amulet with the Ambush passive instead of Flavor.

This allows me to pick up the Single Out passive which almost makes up for the loss of Stricken at GR's up to at least 100, and more importantly it makes Iceblink proc both Numbing Traps as well as Cull the Weak on everything I hit, due to the cold rune Devouring Arrow.

So I give up 25% dmg vs bosses and guardians plus the whatever-% dmg increase per consecutive hit...but gain 20% dmg vs everything, 25% dmg reduction vs everything for five seconds (not many things stay alive longer than that anyway,) and 10% crit chance vs everything, plus the actual slow / chill itself which helps add CC.

...Essentially you give up a couple extra seconds (like three or four is all, up to GR 100) vs guardians, but gain a Mantle-of-Channeling-type effect + 10% crit + an extra passive. If you're confident with your guardian kill time at the level of GR you're pushing, or even if you're just doing bounties or normal rifts to farm GRkeys instead, then you can swap out the extra passive you gain (again, in my case I use Single Out to help make up for losing Stricken) for anything else you need. 

Link attached. Ess of Johan is currently cubed; this simply has not refreshed yet since I last tested and is actually a Convention.

https://us.diablo3.com/en-us/profile/Amaranthine2-1284/hero/117796409

On 3/20/2021 at 5:10 PM, Guest Hythix said:

(...)

I run Iceblink instead of Stricken, and a Hellfire amulet with the Ambush passive instead of Flavor.

(...)

Hey there! That's an interesting variant you're running, it seems you prefer it for lower GR speeds to level up Paragons, gems and such. This is indeed a great stage at which to experiment with a build. Have you experimented with the Fortress BallistaFortress Ballista this patch? It's actually one of the strongest options to push and farm with, and you can adjust into a very comfortable semi-progression Bane of the TrappedBane of the Trapped + TaegukTaeguk + Simplicity's StrengthSimplicity's Strength legendary gem setup.

Guest Chloe
On 3/15/2021 at 4:48 AM, Deadset said:

Heya - hard to say why you are struggling to clear GR95 without looking at your character specifically, but this is a build capable of significantly higher than that! 🙂 If you post a link to your Battle.net character I can take a closer look and give you some specific tips, perhaps.

Hey Deadset, the gearing page for stat priority still lists flavor of time as BiS, just a heads up.

Guest Johadan

The gear page lists Flavor of Time as the amulet, but the main page lists Squirt's Necklace. 

I am curious re: K'Mar Tenclip vs. Vella - If I am reading the wording of your write-up correctly (it could use a little polish), when a Strafe projectile pierces an enemy and hits a second, it re-triggers the HA 4-piece proc of the GoD set, is this correct?

Because otherwise, Strafe pierces are nice in a clump, but they have no inherent bonus to them like the HA pierces do.

K'M10 gives you the desired Drifting Shadow rune for free, allowing you to slot Stinging Steel - which doubly gives you the benefits of whatever +Cold gear you have buffing HA, and 140% bonus Crit damage to Strafe shots - making them at least a slight bit more useful.

You are correct in your initial supposition - the Valla's BequestValla's Bequest piercing projectiles can proc the 4-piece GoD set bonus, which provides a very significant damage bonus against enemies in bigger densities (which is what you aim for in high end Greater Rift progression anyway). Depending on said density, it can increase overall damage dealt by up to about a quarter, which is an incomparable DPS bump to your other options for the slot. The bulk of this build's damage comes from Hungering Arrow, with Strafe being simply means of movement and triggering the set bonuses, which is why the extra rune attained from slotting K'mar TenclipK'mar Tenclip would not contribute meaningfully to your performance.

DId they change something in the game or maybe this build is wrong. It says that Strafe is a secondary action when in game is actually part of the Archery tree. Also there is no way to have both fan of Knives and Vengeance... so I dont know how to apply what is shown here.

Guest omox
2 hours ago, Morthan said:

DId they change something in the game or maybe this build is wrong. It says that Strafe is a secondary action when in game is actually part of the Archery tree. Also there is no way to have both fan of Knives and Vengeance... so I dont know how to apply what is shown here.

Hi Morthan, open your options, go to gameplay and on the right side activate 'Elective Mode'. That way you can use every combination of spells you want.

Guest Koh

The way this build is presented, the only way cull the weak is proced is for 1 second every time fan of knives is used. Bane of the trapped would be another source, but that is listed as an alt. Am I missing something? With taeguk requiring a strafe every 1.5 seconds (minimum, more in practice) and the bulk of damage coming from primary, it seems best to swap taeguk out with bane.

Fortress ballista also feels like an immensely more useful offhand than valla's, since it is protecting your squirt's bonus from getting lost every time the wind blows.

maybe you should add a disclaimer for season 24 regarding preferred stats on gear. the ethereal mentioned cannot come with CDR, so you absolutely have to compensate through other gear and if you don't have dawn cubed but use it on character with a not quite perfect roll for it's legendary effect, 37% CDR is never going to cut it (even with a perfect roll you will need about 41-42% to at least have a tiny bit overlap to keep vengeance up without downtime).

as for the hatred issue some people are having, it's only really an issue if you don't do GRs. If I do bounties or T16 rifts or GR90 for gear farming i'm not using the buriza ethereal, but the windforce one, it comes with a hefty RDR (40-50%), much like yang's recurve. your DPS won't be as good as with the buriza, but will still be more than enough for all content apart from doing GR100+ and if you are pushing there will be more than enough mobs to replenish your hatred (still have to keep an eye on discipline though, which is also not a problem with the windforce bow).

another "fun" thing you can do, which admittedly isn't as effective as the CoE is cubing an Ess of Johan, it nicely pulls a bunch of mobs conveniently into one place ready to get pierced by your Hungering arrows (and strafe if you're using valla's bequest, which i don't), wish it would proc more often though.

On 7/23/2021 at 1:30 AM, Guest Koh said:

The way this build is presented, the only way cull the weak is proced is for 1 second every time fan of knives is used. Bane of the trapped would be another source, but that is listed as an alt. Am I missing something? With taeguk requiring a strafe every 1.5 seconds (minimum, more in practice) and the bulk of damage coming from primary, it seems best to swap taeguk out with bane.

Fortress ballista also feels like an immensely more useful offhand than valla's, since it is protecting your squirt's bonus from getting lost every time the wind blows.

cold skills (like hungering arrow /w devouring arrow) chill enemies which procs cull the weak.

as for taeguk, if you are quick and cautious you can keep it up indefinitely. i am constantly drifting, recharging my momentum stacks (as well as the def bonus through wraps of clarity) every few seconds. you can easily refresh 5 stacks in under 1.5 seconds.

Question regarding season 24 - Buriza has 35% to freeze on hit and hits against frozen enemies are guaranteed crits. So does it mean that crit chance % rolls on gear become less important? If so to what degree? I think that now crit dmg >>> crit chance (for example on gloves and jewellery). But what about helmet and quiver? Is it okay to roll of crit chance % for another toughness buff (all resist for example)? Since in high GR pushing with buriza every hit will sooner than later be a crit.

Guest imazevedo

Hey guys! 

Follow some questions i hope you can help me. 

i recently changed the build from Bane of the Stricken to Bane of the Trapped and changed my CDC (10%) to CDR (8%) on my neck to achieve 37% total CDR and 100% up-time on Vengeance.

Although, d3planner shows that my Effective DPS and DPH reduced drastically from DPS -> 54MM and DPH -> 33MM to DPS -> 33MM and DPH -> 20MM. 
Is that worth it ?

To change CDC to CDR in order to have 100% up-time of vengeance??? 

Also, D3planner show that Bane of the Stricken has a considerable more damage than Bane of the Trapped even though most of the videos say to use Trapped over Stricken. 

Share your comments

best regards and thanks

On 7/1/2020 at 3:30 PM, Guest niner said:

hey guys, i've pretty much followed this guide and have nearly identical build and stats, but my hatred keeps draining pretty fast!!
I don't understand why... When I starta rift or bounty I shoot HA 6 times to buuild my momentum stacks, and activate all skills, and then when I start to strafe my hatred slowly decreases even when I shoot HA every 4 seconds.

help please?

thank you

If you dont hit any enemies your hatred will decrease.. this build needs modification for low GRs and bounties
use this one -->>  https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/god-hungering-arrow-speed-farming-demon-hunter-build is better for farming