FORUMS
Damien

LoD Corpse Explosion Necromancer

Guest Tomwisethered93

Hi there, thanks for the build, my wife is going to try it out, just one question, why the swamp land raiders? Seems like the skills buff witch doctor skills?

4 hours ago, Guest Tomwisethered93 said:

Hi there, thanks for the build, my wife is going to try it out, just one question, why the swamp land raiders? Seems like the skills buff witch doctor skills?

The SLW are indeed Witch Doctor pants (and will only drop for witch doctors, so you'll have to create an alt to get them). 

However, they're the only pants who can roll with an elemental damage bonus (cold or poison, whichever this build needs). They're often recommended for necro builds that don't benefit from any of the specific necro pants, such as this one. 

In really high GRs this may be important, on lower difficulties you can easily use any well - rolled unique pants that don't actively counter the mechanics of the build. 

Hi I'm trying to get SLW on my alt lvl 1 witch doctor... kadala loves me but just gives me pox faulds.  like 10 times in a row. Don't suppose you need to lvl up your WD further to "unlock" more stuff from her??? or just the usual Kadala luck?

9 hours ago, ickyinsaney said:

Hi I'm trying to get SLW on my alt lvl 1 witch doctor... kadala loves me but just gives me pox faulds.  like 10 times in a row. Don't suppose you need to lvl up your WD further to "unlock" more stuff from her??? or just the usual Kadala luck?

It's your standard luck, but you'll probably be much better off crafting a bunch of level 70 pants at the blacksmith and upgrading. Higher chance of getting the right ones that way as the upgrade tables are different from the gambling tables at lower levels. I'm not even 100% sure Kadala can give the SLWs at level 1 - and they'd be level 1 anyway. 

Guest Sletne
On 7/12/2020 at 12:21 PM, Bubble181 said:

It's your standard luck, but you'll probably be much better off crafting a bunch of level 70 pants at the blacksmith and upgrading. Higher chance of getting the right ones that way as the upgrade tables are different from the gambling tables at lower levels. I'm not even 100% sure Kadala can give the SLWs at level 1 - and they'd be level 1 anyway. 

Kadala can drop the pants at lvl 51 if u Chek kadala calculator. But just use the bloodshards for legs on main and transfer them to chest. Then upgrade in cube on alt got 2 of 4 swamp pants on lvl 8 wd

Guest Valleypoo

I'm about 90% of the way there with the build - trying GR70 I'm getting one hit left right and centre - been trying for a unity for a while now but still no luck - if anyone has used this build that can attest for its high rating in solo play? 

So I went ahead and made myself get up to 70 (thanks to some friends for the powerlevel!) and started using blood shards from my necro.  after a million lame kadala items, i used the necro to get a jillion mats, and started using the WD to roll the yellow items in the cube. after about 10 tries I got swamp;land waders with + physical...... so I guess now the game is to keep re-rolling that Upgrade Rare in the cube, til it turns out the poison elemental affix.. then you can roll off the WD when you goto Enchant at the gypsy on the necro.  Just 99999999 more RNG steps to go!

Edited by ickyinsaney

On 7/16/2020 at 6:36 AM, Guest Valleypoo said:

I'm about 90% of the way there with the build - trying GR70 I'm getting one hit left right and centre - been trying for a unity for a while now but still no luck - if anyone has used this build that can attest for its high rating in solo play? 

It's very much capable of high tier GRs, it has consistently cleared the 130+ range on the PTR. You'll see more Poison Scythes on the leaderboard, since the build is easier to play with, but the approach of both builds is fairly similar in how they build up damage and are fairly easy to swap between.

Saying that GR70 is a hurdle for you is a bit alarming though; are you sure you're qualifying for the LoD gem bonus (no set bonuses equipped, and ancient items wherever possible asap)? You might be better off farming on a set-based build until you solidify the necessary items for LoD-based ones, they are without a doubt more demanding when it comes to specific gear and good rolls.

I was wondering why many Necro builds take Eternal Torment? It seems to me that my curses last long enough to kill mobs. I'm pretty casual, though, so I'm sure there's something I'm missing.

On 8/24/2020 at 11:56 PM, trevoracious said:

I was wondering why many Necro builds take Eternal Torment? It seems to me that my curses last long enough to kill mobs. I'm pretty casual, though, so I'm sure there's something I'm missing.

Reasonable question! Eternal Torment is very handy since it allows the (theoretically uncapped, only dictated by current on-screen monster density) bonuses of Spreading Malediction to stay on at all times. Even better in a build that has to spread curses via manual Grim Scythe swings!

Guest Spawnlq

i'm up to about 105 GR and struggling with this build. Not fully optimized yet,  all ancients and 2 primals but i did find exchanging Unity for Lornelle's Sunstone was a great swap to boost my survival and clearing 105s consistently now. Great for keeping survivability in team play too.

On 9/1/2020 at 1:45 AM, Guest Spawnlq said:

i'm up to about 105 GR and struggling with this build. Not fully optimized yet,  all ancients and 2 primals but i did find exchanging Unity for Lornelle's Sunstone was a great swap to boost my survival and clearing 105s consistently now. Great for keeping survivability in team play too.

Hey there! Lornelle's is a fitting replacement of Unity for group play, since the Unity-based damage reduction only works if you play solo (as you only have a follower in solo play, to share damage with via two Unities). You've made a good alteration, cheers! ?

Guest DHGSilvergun236

Okay, I'm sorry, but I have some issues with this build. Bear in mind, this is coming from a more casual side of play. But when I look at this build with a critical eye, there are some things that just don't make sense. Why are we using the Nayr's black death to supposedly proc poison,  when there is literally no poison in the build at all? Same thing with the pants. We're not using Grasp of the Dead or Locust Swarm. So why Swamp Land Waders?

If anyone can take a look at this and then give me a solid explanation or a fix, I'd appreciate it. Cheers

On 9/25/2020 at 4:21 AM, Guest DHGSilvergun236 said:

Okay, I'm sorry, but I have some issues with this build. Bear in mind, this is coming from a more casual side of play. But when I look at this build with a critical eye, there are some things that just don't make sense. Why are we using the Nayr's black death to supposedly proc poison,  when there is literally no poison in the build at all? (...)

Hey there! Witch Doctors aren't the only class with access to poisonous skills, keep that in mind! ? The Cursed Scythe rune of Grim Scythe deals poison damage, so does Siphon Blood's Power Shift, and so do Corpse Explosion - Close Quarters and Bone Armor - Dislocation. While they are a WD specific item with a legendary bonus specifically pertaining to Witch Doctors, the Swamp Land Waders are desired across many classes for one simple reason - they are the only pants in the game that can roll an elemental damage increase bonus, boosting your DPS further through a gear slot that typically doesn't do that.

Guest Bluebury

Im finding the cool down for LOTD to take forever, and if there aren't any corpses on the ground my monster killing rate is slow in solo play with about 800 paragon @ GR 85. No augments, Legendary Gems between 90-100. I have about 150 paragon points in VIT and the remaining in INT.

I found in solo GR 90 my guy is squishy so I exchanged bane of the trapped for molten wildebeest gizzard, have stone gauntlets in the cube and on my character but the damage is not there so I'm slow.

If anyone has any insight into how to help me push this wall I've hit please let me know ? thanks.

On 11/27/2020 at 3:20 PM, Guest Bluebury said:

Im finding the cool down for LOTD to take forever, and if there aren't any corpses on the ground my monster killing rate is slow in solo play with about 800 paragon @ GR 85. No augments, Legendary Gems between 90-100. I have about 150 paragon points in VIT and the remaining in INT.

I found in solo GR 90 my guy is squishy so I exchanged bane of the trapped for molten wildebeest gizzard, have stone gauntlets in the cube and on my character but the damage is not there so I'm slow.

If anyone has any insight into how to help me push this wall I've hit please let me know ? thanks.

Hey there! It's hard to give solid suggestions without looking at your character, but I'll try. Land of the Dead-reliant builds (the vast majority of Necromancer endgame builds, with the notable exception of the Masquerade Bone Spear build) rely heavily on cooldowns and setting up fights, mostly moving around - dodging and weaving with Blood Rush - as they set up a big monster pull to pop Land of the Dead in. If you find this playstyle cumbersome, you can try an adjustment like dropping Land of the DeadLand of the Dead and getting Command GolemCommand GolemFlesh GolemFlesh Golem instead, and switching pants to Golemskin BreechesGolemskin Breeches , also swapping Stone GauntletsStone Gauntlets in the Cube for Moribund GauntletsMoribund Gauntlets and in the Passives, say Spreading MaledictionSpreading Malediction for Commander of the Risen DeadCommander of the Risen Dead . This will hamper the high end progression potential of the build for sure, but will make the build easier to manage in terms of generating Corpses and outputting consistent damage. Survivability should not be an issue with proper gear rolls, make sure you're following the recommendations in the Gear page closely!

Guest polylingual

You suggest using a tactic of using siphon blood for increased damage, but I thought channelling siphon blood only increases the damage of siphon blood? What would be a viable alternative for the shoulder slot in your opinion, if that were the case? 

On 12/4/2020 at 11:29 PM, Guest polylingual said:

You suggest using a tactic of using siphon blood for increased damage, but I thought channelling siphon blood only increases the damage of siphon blood? What would be a viable alternative for the shoulder slot in your opinion, if that were the case? 

Mantle of ChannelingMantle of Channeling increases your overall damage as you channel - Siphon BloodSiphon Blood is required as the trigger of the buff, but isn't its sole beneficiary, it has been thoroughly tested! 🙂 If you do not enjoy a rotation that includes a channeling skill (also reasonable, as it results in slightly awkward play), you can use something like Skeletal MageSkeletal MageContaminationContamination in Siphon's place (you don't lose a Poison proc), and equip Razeth's VolitionRazeth's Volition for the damage reduction while your Essence is not full. Be careful not to overspend Essence (you only a single cast every once in a while to keep up the Poison stacks!), since you want to balance the Aquila CuirassAquila Cuirass bonus in as well.

How would one go about generating essence here? Realize the main skills don’t require it but on the speed variant casting decrepify has caused me to find myself in a zero-essence scenario. Any thoughts?

Just a heads up concerning this segment; 

For Offense stats, try to obtain Corpse Explosion % bonus on the belt, pants and phylactery (maximum of 45%). 

I know you mean to say Shoulders, instead of obtaining Corpse Explosion % on the belt slot.

Best regards from a long time fan.

i have, and I'll always stick with your builds

On 10/5/2021 at 11:27 PM, NecroRomancer said:

Just a heads up concerning this segment; 

For Offense stats, try to obtain Corpse Explosion % bonus on the belt, pants and phylactery (maximum of 45%). 

I know you mean to say Shoulders, instead of obtaining Corpse Explosion % on the belt slot.

Best regards from a long time fan.

i have, and I'll always stick with your builds

Cheers, I'll get it fixed! The correct slots are indeed the shoulders, chest and phylactery.

I am using this in season 25.  Finding it very effective.  I am not using the Iron Rose though.  I can't see why it would be useful to the build as it doesn't use blood siphon at all.  Instead I am using Ledger's Disdain as it gives a bonus to Grim Scythe damage.

Likewise I don't understand Leoric's Crown in season 25 - it doesn't work on shards ( I've checked ).  When I find an interesting legendary helm I'll make an update.

Guest slack

i dont understand why siphon blood was changed out for bone spear, while still recommending iron rose.

the free blood nova is being wasted / not used at all.

Hi ! Sorry in advance for my english.  I use this build for season 28 but the problem is that the character is way too fragile, sometime it's one shot. The damage is here but I don't exceed the gr70. Yet the build is very pleasant ! It's frustrating ^^'