FORUMS
Damien

Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer

This thread is for comments about our Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer build.

Some discrepancies, you note Dex instead of Int on the gear page when referring to the gloves and you reference The Shadow's Mantle set instead of The Masquerade of the Burning Carnival.

Adding to the above, the key farming variation still lists Aughild's Power on the shoulders, while the set has been replaced. It also says to equip Squirts necklace, only to list Haunted Visions, with a suggestion to put Squirts in the Cube as an alternative, foregoing the RoRG. Both options can work, I think, but now it's a bit of a messy combo between two builds and it isn't clear which would work best according to you guys. 

Heya - thanks for catching these typos! They have been fixed. To further clarify the Cube situation, the given suggestion was correct, but perhaps not ideally worded. I have split up the two possible routes into two paragraphs, which will hopefully clear up any confusion.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 5:34 PM, Guest Mno said:

Also, why Razeth's VolitionRazeth's Volition?? I see no reason to cube that for this build.

Why not use Tasker and TheoTasker and Theo or the always usable Nemesis BracersNemesis Bracers? I've used The Witching HourThe Witching Hour as belt and then Dayntee's BindingDayntee's Binding in the cube-armor slot.

Besides the Skeletal Mage bonusses, Razeth's also provides a 50% damage reduction when Essence is not full - it works, in effect, as the opposite of an Aquila's Cuirass. It's trivial for this build to maintain fairly low Essence.

Tasker and Theo has a neglible effect in this build, since the Simulacrums simply use your own attack speed -they only duplicate what you're doing yourself. Witching Hour with Dayntee's in the Cube could work, but you're trading 15% DMG for 50% reduction - good on you if you can survive, but as a general build I think most people will prefer the survivability. 

Guest Kobor

Trying this build with some base gear on GR80s, so far it is working, just a bit slow. However I am a bit confused about the concept of the build, is it a melee or range one. Most of the skills and gems telling me it will be better to stand as far as I can, but filling up the Essense pool will need to go to melee range. Is it the only possible way for this build? Running in and out of range is quite strange.

Meanwhile collecting gear for one of the LoD build, hope it will work too.

On 7/22/2020 at 11:26 AM, Guest Kobor said:

However I am a bit confused about the concept of the build, is it a melee or range one.

Do keep in mind you can swipe away at a nearby enemy, but your Bone SpearBone SpearBlighted MarrowBlighted Marrow pierces through enemies; in practice, this makes your damage quite stronger against the last few targets it pierces (as per the rune effect), and encourages good positioning. Ideally, you'll be swiping away at less threatening minions in melee range, while sniping away higher priority/more threatening targets in the distance.

It might seem like too much work for too little benefit, and considering the relative power level of this build to the LoD ones, well... I can hardly argue 🙂 Hopefully it gets a buff down the line.