FORUMS
knight85

Question about Raid Lockouts and Lockout Extensions

Hi guys. just have few a quick questions about raid lockouts.

i saw a topic on icyveins last week about bringing alts into a raid lockout to bypass straight to the last boss for raids like ulduar and icecrown to farm mounts.

and i've been thinking about it and now that i'm on course for a full 9 days of leave from work i'm gonna try it this week.

but back to the point.

bear in mind i've got no clue if any of this will make sense but i still have to ask

my first question is this: lets say for the sake of argument i were to clear through to the last boss in a raid (say Ulduar). and the i did trick for bringing alts into my raid lockout. then once the alt has the raid lockout saved, i kick the alt from the group. and then on that alt. i extend the lockout past the weekly reset. after the reset, would i be able to bring other alts into the lockout of the original alt for that raid?

next question: would the raid lockout trick work for raids like Karazan? I'm mainly asking about this one because i want to avoid doing the chess game more than once on each faction so that i can bypass the chess game to aim for gorehowl.

last question: lets say for the sake of argument i were to take some characters into the Karazan raid to kill atumen for the fiery warhorse mount. would i be able to bring those characters into a raid save that has progressed further into Karazan or would they be locked into their own progression?

first question: yes it should work

2nd question:depends on the raid,not sure for karazhan,sorry

3rd question:no they couldnt jump into a different save afaik

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AburaGamer
      Hi everyone!
      We're a bunch of people from the old OpenRaid team (the cross-realm raiding community) and we really missed how great the old community was. We've set up a new website which is open for testing now. We'd really love to hear some feedback on this.
      It's up at: herolobby.com or fb.com/herolobbydotcom

• By Darksickness
      About Us:
      Two Strike Policy is a weekday Mythic hardcore progression guild on US-Sargeras. In our spare time, we run various high mythic keystones/carries. Currently we are recruiting for our BFA Mythic Team for the Raid Tier Battle of Dazar'alor and Crucible of Storms.  We value camaraderie, communication, preparedness and excellence in each other. Discord is used to communicate during raids. We decided to reform our team after Mythic Mythrax in Uldir and add additional days to our raid schedule from two days to four days a week to achieve CE early on in the tier. 
      We will still be using the updated RCLootCouncil to help distribute loot if it is tradeable or a sidegrade. We expect raiders to be aware of their BIS and ideal gearing setup, and willing to trade where possible to best equip the raid team. The type of people we want would almost JUMP at giving gear to their fellow raid member/team if it is a sidegrade for themselves. Guild repairs, flasks and food are provided to all raiders, including trials.

Alt requirement: 2 Alts. Keeping the neck & gear up to date. Please inquire about this!
      Current Progression:
      4/9M                                                                                                                                                                                                                      9/9H 
      7/8M Uldir                                                                                                                                                                                                            11/11M Antorus 
      7/9M ToS
      7/10M NH - (Started tier late as a guild most are 9/10M & 10/10M)
      7/7M EN
      Raid Times:
      Wednesday - 7pm-10pm CST
      Thursday - 7pm-11pm CST
      Sunday - 7pm - 11pm CST
      Optional Tuesday Morning On Reset - 9am-11am CST (depends on server restart) - Heroic BoD on mains                                                                                                               
      Invitations start 30 minutes before raid time.

Recruitment:
      We are currently recruiting strong applicants of all classes and roles, with the ability to handle calls and criticism like an adult. 
      High Priority Recruitment:
      Melee DPS: Windwalker Monk, Fury Warrior and Rogue
      Ranged DPS: Warlock, Mage, Elemental Shaman, Shadow Priest and MM/BM Hunter
      Healer: Disc Priest and Resto Druid
      ALL exceptional applicants will be considered. Please apply at Twostrikepolicy.com for a trial spot on our raid team. 

Guild Master/Raid Leader: Zahedd/Darksickness/Eyefock/Bandaged - Ghostdragon#19918
      Recruitment Officer: Krimathyst - Krime#1312
    • By Grayffin
      Hi everyone! I'm Groffin, GM of Close Knit at US-Illidan, Horde.
      We have a long history of raiding, a team of great, experienced and fun people, and the skill and dedication it takes to be successful. We are currently looking to make major improvements to the guild and expand our player base. In our updated form, we aim to provide for both casual to semi-casual, as well as for more progression-minded, almost hardcore players.
      We welcome all who are willing to work for success, though most of all we're interested in:
      Tanks Healers Ranged DPS Feel free to add me on BNet (Corwan#11125), or visit our new website at http://gock.us, and use the simple application form to contact us!
    • By BubbleHead
      Disruption are currently recruiting more Core Raiders . 
      We are a Normal and Heroic content social /semi pro guild. 
      Raids are Tuesdays/ Wednesdays and Sundays @ 7.30pm server time (6.30pm GMT) .
      Our current progression is 3/10 NH Heroic.
      Feel free to contact me if you would like to join.
      We can also be contacted here :
      http://disruption.wowmatcher.com/

Regards,
      Bubble
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our guide for the Nighthold raid instance.