Carsten

MoP leveling spec

Sign in to follow this  

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone !

As MoP is coming dangerously close I've started thinking about leveling preparation.

As we'll mostly be killing low life mobs it seems to me that fire is out of the question as it relies a lot on dots.

Between frost and arcane I think that frost is the better choice as it offers more survivability (for some boss soloing and simply dying less) and the current numbers indicate that the spec does pretty good damage.

What are your thoughts ?

I think Arcane is a terrible spec to level up in MoP. The problem is that your mana regeneration will be really low as you cannot benefit from any of the Tier 6 talents and you will be stuck with your level 85 biscuits until you reach 90 (or maybe the 300k mana regen biscuits unlock at level 88, I don't remember). So basically, you will spend your time eating food to regenerate your mana.

With Frost, you won't run into the same issues, and you will be able to make good use of your Frost Novas with Ice Lance.

i'm also going to lvl up my mage in frost spec, i'm even specially going to delete my most precious arcane spec for that until lvl 90 :)

With all the Crit / Procs/ Burst and movability I am not sure why you say fire isnt a good choice:) just careful not to pull packs of 10 mobs, as we did in raids before:)

• Like 1

I think I will level as fire also. You lose out on the pet but I feel like the extra aoe dps from combustion and the new inferno blast spreading will make up for it. You can also hold on to and control your pyroblast proc's easier now for more controlled burst on mobs. I also like dragon's breath as an emergency talent.

I think with the new changes and inferno blast the fire spec will be also viable for lvling up .....otherwise frost will be the one!

PS

I hope i wont have to go back to frost for lvling fire is really enjoyable atm!