FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S8 Hearthstone Mid Budget Shaman Control Deck

What is a good substitute for Ragnaros?? 

If you could name a couple of good options that'd be great, he's the only piece of the puzzle that im missing

What is a good substitute for Ragnaros?? 

If you could name a couple of good options that'd be great, he's the only piece of the puzzle that im missing

There is no substitute for Raggy!!!!!11111

But on a serious note, it depends why you have Ragnaros in the deck. Generally its because its a huge threat, can be great finisher and has immediate effect on the game once played. Potentially you could substitute it with Ysera in control decks, however in most cases, you would simply be better off playing an aggressive deck if your control deck lacks end game.

I was disappointed that the shaman aggro deck types wasn't listed, i can never seem to get very far with control version since im missing certain key control cards. 

So here's the current shaman deck im playing 

SHAMAN

2x Earth Shock
2x Lightning Bolt
2x Rockbiter Weapon
1x Windfury
1x Flametongue Totem
2x Hex
2x Lightning Storm
2x Mana Tide Totem
1x Bloodlust 

Neutral
2x Leper Gnome
2x Bluegill Warrior
2x Faerie Dragon
2x Novice Engineer
2x Arcane Golem
2x Wolfrider
1x Leeroy Jenkins
2x Argent Commander

It's an aggro deck, in current rankings im at 18 with it dangling between 18 and 17 after rank reset. I feel the deck holds together well for the most part and will pull more wins than defeats. It's main drawback is some times not pulling the 'finisher' when you really need it

Guest Dee

I just crafted Ragnaros to test this deck. But now I'm missing the Faceless Manipulator and I don't have any arcane dust left :/ Do you have a suggestion, which card I could use instead of the Faceless Manipulator?

Guest Yggor

Could i replace that windfurry with Alexstrasza? I get nuked all the time, even when i have board control, i desperately need some heals!

Guest Bardus

Do you consider to add earth elemental against to  very common face mindless hunters?

I just crafted Ragnaros to test this deck. But now I'm missing the Faceless Manipulator and I don't have any arcane dust left :/ Do you have a suggestion, which card I could use instead of the Faceless Manipulator?

Faceless Manipulator is generally a solid choice, however if you are still collecting dust, you can try any of the really strong neutral commons such as Chillwind Yeti, Sen'jin Shieldmasta or Harvest Golem.

Could i replace that windfurry with Alexstrasza? I get nuked all the time, even when i have board control, i desperately need some heals!

You can easily take out Windfury. However if you are really after healing, you should consider getting Earth Ring Farseers in your deck instead, they will work better in your transition to late game.

Do you consider to add earth elemental against to  very common face mindless hunters?

Against hunters, your Earth Elemental will give you 3 Overload and die to a 1/1 + Hunter's mark.

Guest Jayd

This deck is horseshit, I played ~20 ranked matches with this and got so far behind in the early game I couldn't recover every single time. 

Guest Splice

This is something I am having a hard time understanding about Hearthstone in general but I see Ragnaros in pretty much every "mid-budget" deck. How is a legendary mid-budget? I've been playing the game since it's opened and I haven't seen enough dust to craft a single legendary.

This deck is horseshit, I played ~20 ranked matches with this and got so far behind in the early game I couldn't recover every single time.

At what rank?

I totally agree. It is good for nothing. Not enough synergy with this deck. It should be updated.

I totally agree. It is good for nothing. Not enough synergy with this deck. It should be updated.

Shamans are generally a bit harder to play as you need to manage your overload cards and often think a turn ahead, however I have to admit that I am a bit confused - How exactly can you fall behind in early game against any deck when you run 2x Earth Shock, 2x Rockbiter Weapon, 2x Lightning Bolt, 2x Lightning Storm, 2x Feral spirit?

The only way you could potentially "improve" this deck against most aggressive decks is to include 2x Forked Lightning, however I assure you that this change will make the deck significantly worse against most mid-range or control decks.

Guest Rodeoclown

I was worried about this deck. I also began using it without the Argent Commanders and Ragnaros to get an idea of how it would go. It was pretty bad. However, today I finally got the dust I needed. I completed the deck in it's entirety and have only lost once. I've won about 6 in a row before I came to post this. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      The latest update to Hearthstone comes with optimizations to improve performance while playing Battlegrounds on devices with fewer than 2GB of RAM, some balance changes, and various game fixes.
      The team is overall happy with how Battlegrounds were received and there will be new heroes and minions live within the game with the next update.
      The developers are also working on an advanced stats screen, leaderboard updates, and allowing minions to be sold directly from your hand (coming early next year).
      Check out our Battlegrounds guide to learn more about the new mode!
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hi all,
      We’re in the process of releasing a new update, which is now live on PC and rolling out over the next few hours on mobile operating systems. This update contains a variety of optimizations to improve performance when playing Battlegrounds, especially on devices with fewer than 2GB of RAM. Please note that players on devices with lower memory may still experience degraded performance.
      As a note for iOS users, please ensure you have updated to the latest version of iOS to receive the greatest performance increase from these optimizations.
      There were some balance changes that we identified based on our initial testing that didn’t quite make it in for release, so we’re making those live with today’s update.
      Balance Changes
      Minions Mama Bear Changed from 5/5 giving +5/+5 to 4/4 giving +4/+4 Kangor’s Apprentice Changed from 4/8 to 3/6 Hero Powers Infinite Toki Temporal Tavern Changed from 1 cost to 2 and now reads “Refresh Bob’s Tavern. Add a minion from a higher Tavern Tier.” King Mukla Bananarama Changed to “Passive Hero Power: Whenever you buy a beast, add a Banana to your hand.” Lord Jaraxxus Bloodfury Hero power changed from 3 cost to 2. Game Fixes & Improvements
      Squelch now works as intended + no longer causes crashes under certain circumstances Daily Quests can now be rerolled Hallow’s End Arena Daily Quest can now be completed A variety of Android crashes have been fixed Memory optimization for Battlegrounds for devices with less than 2GB of RAM We’re aiming to make updates fairly regularly – every month or so, or perhaps a little faster. We’ll have more information on future updates over the next few weeks.
      While I’m here, I wanted to talk a bit about Battlegrounds and what we’re seeing and feeling since we launched in beta last week.
      Overall, we’ve been thrilled by the response players have had to Battlegrounds, and we’ve been closely watching the feedback coming in. We’re continuing to work on a variety of things coming in the future, but I’d like to call out to a few of them. Please note all of this is future-looking – none of this is getting added quite yet.
      New Heroes and Minions!
      We’ve been cooking up some new heroes and minions, and we’ll be making them live within the game with our next update. We don’t want to say too much right now, but a couple of very familiar faces will be included.
      Stats!
      We know the amount of gameplay information that informs how players are performing is limited right now, and we are already hard at work on an advanced stats screen that will be available in the next update. We’ll have much more detail soon, but expect things like your top 5 heroes by wins, most played heroes, how many first place finishes you’ve completed, and more.
      Leaderboard Updates
      We want to give players more useful information about their opponents so they can make more informed gameplay decisions and build more complex strategies. On the left-hand leaderboard we’re going to be adding some addition information on the minion types that your opponents have. For example, you’ll be able to see that one of your opponents currently holds three murlocs and two demons.
      The Selling Experience
      We want to make some improvements to how minions are sold, allowing minions to be sold from your hand. We think this will make it into the game some time early next year, and we’ll have more updates on how that is progressing, especially if we think it will come later than January.
      Open Beta begins tomorrow, Tuesday, Nov. 12th @ 10am PT! We hope to see you all in the Tavern!
    • By Stan
      If you log into Hearthstone before November 27, you will receive two free Golden cards inspired by the stuggle between Alliance and Horde.
      Blizzard (Source)
      The realm of Azeroth ties many of us together, across languages, continents, and across Hearthstone, Warcraft, and World of Warcraft. For the past 25 years, we’ve experienced countless stories and victories brought to us by these games, and now Hearthstone would like to join in on the anniversary celebration.

Beginning 10 a.m. PT November 13, and lasting through 10 a.m. PT November 27, players who log into Hearthstone will be able to claim two free Golden cards inspired by the epic struggle between Horde and Alliance.

Be sure to log in before November 27th! We’ll see you in the tavern!
    • By Stan
      Some players were experiencing issues after matches have concluded, and as a result, Tavern Brawl has been temporarily disabled. They're planning to bring it back tomorrow.
      Blizzard (Source)
      We’ve temporarily disabled the Tavern Brawl mode and expect it to return tomorrow, Thursday the 14th. Some players were encountering some issues after matches have concluded, and these were serious enough that we wanted to take the mode down entirely.
      We’re planning to bring the mode back tomorrow and will be rotating in a different Tavern Brawl for the rest of the week. We’ll provide an update at that time to let everyone know that the mode has been enabled again and give you a heads up of what Tavern Brawl we’ve rotated in.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Hearthstone Battlegrounds Strategy guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Hearthstone Battlegrounds Special Cards guide.