FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Windwalker Monk Leveling

Guest Clovenoddity

Hey, I don't think WW have Rising Sun Kick anymore, I looked in my spellbook and it is not there,  and I am level 20 now.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:13 AM, Guest Codyman said:

Im not seeing chi wave anywhere 

If you're not seeing it in-game at all, its in the spellbook if you select it as your lv15 talent.

If you're not seeing it in the guide then its there in the priority once its set to lv15 or higher; although Chi Burst is recommended for leveling due to pulling multiple targets.

Guest Demonae

None of the PvP talents you have listed are available at level 40. I moved the bar to 40. Maybe they come later? Might be nice to have lower level PvP talent selection detailed.

Hey, love your guide (and all of the other class leveling guides) but I'm confused on Step 7 of your priority rotation (level 30).  You mention Dance of Chi-Ji twice in that line, which doesn't seem to make sense in context.  Dance of Chi-Ji is also not available until level 45 unless I'm missing something.  Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me!

2 hours ago, Fuhen said:

Hey, love your guide (and all of the other class leveling guides) but I'm confused on Step 7 of your priority rotation (level 30).  You mention Dance of Chi-Ji twice in that line, which doesn't seem to make sense in context.  Dance of Chi-Ji is also not available until level 45 unless I'm missing something.  Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me!

The double DoCJ is just a hold over from the Azerite trait, I can take that out when I get a chance. The mention of the talent however is just for when you can be talented into it. There's no way with the formatting to have it only add that part of the sentence after level 45.

Guest noob windwalker

Thanks for putting together the guide! I have a question about this in the priority list:

1. Blackout Kick Icon Blackout Kick with 3 stacks of Teachings of the Monastery Icon Teachings of the Monastery

I am having a tough time finding "Teachings of the Monastery". I have looked in my spell book and talent tree but could not find anything referencing it. The tooltip seems to suggest that this is a proc for Mistweavers, but this is the Windwalker guide. Is this an intended part of this guide, or is an update needed? 

15 hours ago, Guest noob windwalker said:

Thanks for putting together the guide! I have a question about this in the priority list:

1. Blackout Kick Icon Blackout Kick with 3 stacks of Teachings of the Monastery Icon Teachings of the Monastery

I am having a tough time finding "Teachings of the Monastery". I have looked in my spell book and talent tree but could not find anything referencing it. The tooltip seems to suggest that this is a proc for Mistweavers, but this is the Windwalker guide. Is this an intended part of this guide, or is an update needed? 

Teachings of the Monastery is a talent in the Windwalker Tree, it is the 4th talent in the 7th row.

Guest noob windwalker
9 hours ago, Babylonius said:

Teachings of the Monastery is a talent in the Windwalker Tree, it is the 4th talent in the 7th row.

Ahh! i see it now. I guess I was a little confused by the rotation because it does not seem to dynamically react to the level slider value like other guides I have used on this site do. 

Guest Maethir

Love the guide but i have an issue, at level 12 the rotation shows cast Invoke Xuen as highest priority but this skill is not available yet (per the talent guide you get it at 47) am i missing something or is there a different spell?

On 10/29/2022 at 4:12 AM, Guest Maethir said:

Love the guide but i have an issue, at level 12 the rotation shows cast Invoke Xuen as highest priority but this skill is not available yet (per the talent guide you get it at 47) am i missing something or is there a different spell?

Nope, you are correct, simply an oversight with the switch to the new pre-patch.

Guest Guest Arkay

Hey guys,

Great work on the talent trees, I noticed a small issue on your level choice.  It states at level 26 and 28 to choose fast feet and level 30 to chose spear hand strike. I believe those might need to be listed as Level 26 Spear hand strike then level 28, 30 Fast Feet. Unless I am missing another connection to get fast feet early?

Guest Questioning Guest
On 3/21/2023 at 7:29 AM, Dwergux said:

It looks like the latest update removed the windwalker talent tree from the guide. I can only see the monk tree right now.

This. Can you please post it again? I am a noob monk and have no idea how to set the WW tree.

Guest satho

what happened to the other tree? i've been following this and now it's gone.

Monk side of talent trees (left) is off. at lvl 48 it recommends taking Fatal Touch.  That tier is not unlocked yet needs 1 more point elsewhere to get to it.

Guest Lionh3art

This whole leveling guide is wrong. It states to take talents like Tiger Tail sweep at level 10 which is not possible. It also says to take Teachings of The Monastery at level 27 which also isn't possible. I would definitely say the guide needs review and needs to be changed for the changes in 10.1.5.

On 7/17/2023 at 12:22 PM, Guest Lionh3art said:

This whole leveling guide is wrong. It states to take talents like Tiger Tail sweep at level 10 which is not possible. It also says to take Teachings of The Monastery at level 27 which also isn't possible. I would definitely say the guide needs review and needs to be changed for the changes in 10.1.5.

Agreed; this guide needs a complete review, especially the talents per level.

On 8/4/2023 at 11:52 PM, Khuon said:

Agreed; this guide needs a complete review, especially the talents per level.

Hi, thank you for your feedback, we have taken it up with the author for a complete review/rework.

Hey! Just so you know...none of the PVP talents you suggest are available to WW Monk...They are not listed when you look at the list of talents to choose from...is it just outdated?