Windwalker Monk Shadowlands Leveling Guide From 1 to 60
While it is mostly a matter of personal preference, generally Windwalker will be the quickest of the three Monk specs, given the normal leveling route of doing quests and unlocking the story. That being said, flexibility can be very beneficial, so having the ability to swap specs in order to do a dungeon quest can drastically lower the amount of time spent waiting around in queue.
In the open world, Windwalker is a viable option for questing. Windwalker, for reasons mentioned above, is suited to leveling purely on the basis of it being a DPS spec, as well as having great tools for self-sustain.
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.
Level by Level Talents and Rotations
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as a Windwalker Monk
Your first talent row unlocks at Level 15.
Your talent set up should be as follows.
- Level 15: Chi Burst
- Level 25: Celerity
- Level 30: Fist of the White Tiger
- Level 35: Good Karma
- Level 40: Inner Strength
- Level 45: Hit Combo for sustained pulls with no break. Dance of Chi-Ji for general use.
- Level 50: Whirling Dragon Punch
Priority to Level Up as a Windwalker Monk
The Windwalker Monk rotation is based on a priority system. Use the highest ability on the list as soon as it is available.
- Use Fist of the White Tiger if under 3 Chi and about to cap Energy.
- Use Tiger Palm if under 4 Chi and about to cap Energy.
- Use Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger.
- Use Whirling Dragon Punch.
- Use Fists of Fury.
- Use Rising Sun Kick.
- Use Chi Burst if talented, and under maximum Chi.
- Use Fist of the White Tiger if talented, and under 3 Chi.
- Use Spinning Crane Kick with at least 3 targets OR if using Dance of Chi-Ji, or talented into Dance of Chi-Ji.
- Use Blackout Kick.
- Use Chi Wave if talented.
- Use Tiger Palm.
Windwalker Monk War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section we will rank the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. Below is a ranking of both General PvP Talents and Windwalker Monk-specific PvE talents.
General PvP Talents
- Relentless is a passive ability, but it does not automatically remove crowd control abilities. Instead, it reduces the duration.
- Gladiator's Medallion is an on-use ability that removes all movement impairing effects and all loss of control effects.
- Adaptation is recommended; it is likely your most passive choice since it will automatically remove loss of control effects over 5 seconds.
Windwalker Monk PvP Talents for Leveling
- Alpha Tiger is very useful for a small added burst as you go between targets.
- Reverse Harm is very useful for survivability and for added damage.
- Turbo Fists is an incredibly strong PvP talent that makes pulling large groups significantly easier.
The End Game
- Spec Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands
- Fan Concept of Nightborne Customization Options
- Vicarious Visions Studio Being Merged Into Blizzard by Activision
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 22nd
- Upcoming PvP Class Tuning: January 26th
- Official Overview of All Shadowlands Mounts, Pets and Toys Part 1
- Castle Nathria Tank and Healer Log Rankings and Analysis
- 21 Billion Gold Moves Through WoW Each Day