Windwalker Monk Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.0.7)
On this page, we will go over everything you need to know to level up your Windwalker Monk to get ready for Dragonflight end game content. Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level. If you are looking for more generic leveling guide you can refer to our Monk leveling guide.
While it is mostly a matter of personal preference, generally Windwalker will be the quickest of the three Monk specs, given the normal leveling route of doing quests and unlocking the story. That being said, flexibility can be very beneficial, so having the ability to swap specs in order to do a dungeon quest can drastically lower the amount of time spent waiting around in queue.
In the open world, Windwalker is a viable option for questing. Windwalker, for reasons mentioned above, is suited to leveling purely on the basis of it being a DPS spec, as well as having great tools for self-sustain.
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.
Level by Level Talents and Rotations
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as a Windwalker Monk
Priority to Level Up as a Windwalker Monk
The Windwalker Monk rotation is based on a priority system. Use the highest ability on the list as soon as it is available. This list assumes you have access to many talents, so simply remove the ones you don't have. It is also set up for AOE pulls, as Windwalker is very capable of doing so.
- Invoke Xuen
- Touch of Death
- Expel Harm if <6 Chi AND about to cap energy
- Tiger Palm if <5 Chi AND about to cap energy
- Blackout Kick with 3 stacks of Teachings of the Monastery
- Spinning Crane Kick with Dance of Chi-Ji proc
- Fists of Fury
- Whirling Dragon Punch
- Strike of the Windlord
- Rushing Jade Wind
- Spinning Crane Kick
- Blackout Kick
- Rising Sun Kick to trigger Whirling Dragon Punch
- Chi Burst
Windwalker Monk War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section we will rank the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. Below is a ranking of both General PvP Talents and Windwalker Monk-specific PvE talents.
General PvP Talents
- Relentless is a passive ability, but it does not automatically remove crowd control abilities. Instead, it reduces the duration.
- Gladiator's Medallion is an on-use ability that removes all movement impairing effects and all loss of control effects.
- Adaptation is recommended; it is likely your most passive choice since it will automatically remove loss of control effects over 5 seconds.
Windwalker Monk PvP Talents for Leveling
- Alpha Tiger is very useful for a small added burst as you go between targets.
- Reverse Harm is very useful for survivability and for added damage.
- Turbo Fists is an incredibly strong PvP talent that makes pulling large groups significantly easier.
The End Game
Congratulations! You made it to Level 70! Now that you are in the end game, we recommend looking at our Easy mode page and Talents section to see how to transition from leveling to the end-game.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Everything You Need to Know About Forbidden Reach Catch-Up Gear in Patch 10.0.7
- Dracthyr Racial Mounts Available for Everyone to Purchase in Patch 10.0.7
- Turbulent Timeways Timewalking Event Starts March 29th
- Save 30% on Select Game Services Through April 3rd
- Dragonflight DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates, Week 14
- The Forbidden Reach Dragon Glyphs Guide (Exact Locations with TomTom Coords)
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 14)
- Bakar Dog Mounts in Patch 10.0.7 Still Remain Shrouded in Mystery