Windwalker Monk Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.2)
While it is mostly a matter of personal preference, generally, Windwalker will be the quickest of the three Monk specs, given the normal leveling route of doing quests and unlocking the story. That being said, flexibility can be very beneficial, so having the ability to swap specs in order to do a dungeon quest can drastically lower the amount of time spent waiting around in the queue.
In the open world, Windwalker is a viable option for questing. Windwalker, for reasons mentioned above, is suited to leveling purely on the basis of it being a DPS spec, as well as having great tools for self-sustain.
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.
Level by Level Talents and Rotations
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as a Windwalker Monk
Priority to Level Up as a Windwalker Monk
The Windwalker Monk rotation is based on a priority system. Use the highest ability on the list as soon as it is available. This list assumes you have access to many talents, so simply remove the ones you don't have. It is also set up for AOE pulls, as Windwalker is very capable of doing so.
- Invoke Xuen
- Touch of Death
- Expel Harm if <6 Chi AND about to cap energy
- Tiger Palm if <5 Chi AND about to cap energy
- Blackout Kick with 3 stacks of Teachings of the Monastery
- Spinning Crane Kick with Dance of Chi-Ji proc
- Fists of Fury
- Whirling Dragon Punch
- Strike of the Windlord
- Spinning Crane Kick
- Blackout Kick
- Rising Sun Kick
- Chi Burst
Windwalker Monk War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section, we will rank the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. Below is a ranking of both General PvP Talents and Windwalker Monk-specific PvE talents.
General PvP Talents
- Relentless is a passive ability, but it does not automatically remove crowd control abilities. Instead, it reduces the duration.
- Gladiator's Medallion is an on-use ability that removes all movement-impairing effects and all loss of control effects.
- Adaptation is recommended; it is likely your most passive choice since it will automatically remove loss of control effects over 5 seconds.
Windwalker Monk PvP Talents for Leveling
- Alpha Tiger is very useful for a small added burst as you go between targets.
- Reverse Harm is very useful for survivability and for added damage.
- Turbo Fists is an incredibly strong PvP talent that makes pulling large groups significantly easier.
The End Game
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Classic Community Council Chat: December 8th
- Ashenvale PvP Event Bug Being Worked On
- New Night Elf Child Model Added in Patch 10.2.5
- Updated Map of Amirdrassil on the 10.2.5 PTR
- Dark Ranger General's (Sylvanas) Transmog Set in Patch 10.2.5
- Bel'ameth is A Neutral City in Patch 10.2.5
- Patch 10.2.5 Development Notes: December 8th
- Shadowfang Keep Soloed By Metamorphosis Warlock in Season of Discovery