FORUMS
positiv2

Beast Mastery Hunter Leveling

FYI, Cobra Shot is available at level 14, but it doesn't appear on the level-slider-thingy until level 17.

image.thumb.png.45b86919f348f900546816271cb099a0.png

Also, this humble hunter would rewrite "Barbed Shot should be used to maintain the Frenzy buff on your pet" to say "Barbed Shot gives your pet the stacking Frenzy buff"...  the current language made me think that frenzy came from something else.  Of course, this was because I wasn't reading my tool tips, buuuut....  that was my first impression.  Do as you will ❤️  Have a nice day ❤️ 

Thanks for the feedback, I implemented your suggestion by clarifying the Barbed Shot paragraph substantially and correcting the Cobra Shot unlock to Level 14.

Have a wonderful day!

• Like 1

Guest Merdips

A suggestion for leveling pet part is Gorilla since they have the shield and thus can take even more beating while still being ferocity.

Guest GoTT

Talents say to get Scent of blood at lvl 25 and rotation says to use chimaera shot. The problem is, you cant use chimaera shot, if you pick Scent of blood in talents. You need to pick Chimaera shot.

9 hours ago, Guest GoTT said:

Talents say to get Scent of blood at lvl 25 and rotation says to use chimaera shot. The problem is, you cant use chimaera shot, if you pick Scent of blood in talents. You need to pick Chimaera shot.

I've fixed this inconsistency. ?

The talents are still showing incorrect on the leveling guide; tells you to pick Scent of Blood, but to use Chimaera Shot in rotation.

The main Beast Mastery page also says to take Scent of Blood, and specifically says " Chimaera Shot should not be chosen in any situation, as it adds an extra button on top of doing inferior DPS."

On 11/29/2020 at 12:38 AM, JillyBean4179 said:

The talents are still showing incorrect on the leveling guide; tells you to pick Scent of Blood, but to use Chimaera Shot in rotation.

The main Beast Mastery page also says to take Scent of Blood, and specifically says " Chimaera Shot should not be chosen in any situation, as it adds an extra button on top of doing inferior DPS."

Hey, updates do not go live on the site immediately after I submit them, but it should be fixed now.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 1:26 AM, Okaton said:

I posted as a guest but allow me to clarify. On the slider you show Exotic Beasts passive available at 20, however it's actually shown to be available at 39 in game. https://prnt.sc/w6a600

Thanks, will rectify.

11 hours ago, Guest hey said:

thanks for the guide man very helpful

Thank you for the kind words!

Guest marmotrider

This is very helpful for a player like myself, just getting back into Wow after 6 years away.  Thank you!

Hey there!  Your guide suggests taking the "Murder of Crows" talent at 35, but doesn't put it into the rotation.  I find that it's useful to use pretty much constantly when able; is that wrong?

Love the guide, though!  This, along with all the other class guides, makes it super easy to get started on any class!

42 minutes ago, Fuhen said:

Hey there!  Your guide suggests taking the "Murder of Crows" talent at 35, but doesn't put it into the rotation.  I find that it's useful to use pretty much constantly when able; is that wrong?

Love the guide, though!  This, along with all the other class guides, makes it super easy to get started on any class!

Thank you! I will address this oversight!

On 9/1/2022 at 7:03 AM, Seracid said:

It shows that Wild Protector still exists as a pvp talent when it doesn't. I'm not sure exactly when it was removed.

Thank you for this heads-up, I've fixed it!

On 10/16/2022 at 3:09 PM, YourGuts said:

Hey there, I'm just wondering why Killer Instinct is suggested over Animal Companion? Likewise, A Murder of Crows over Thrill of the Hunt?

Hello!

Using Animal Companion splits your pet into two, which reduces its ability to keep aggro and self-heal via Ferocity Leech.

Thrill of the Hunt requires consistent 3-stack uptime on Frenzy to be valuable. Since leveling mobs die rather quickly, you will not be able to stack it up and keep it long enough to make sense. A Murder of Crows deals very heavy damage and resets its cooldown as long as the mob dies within its 15-second duration, significantly increasing its value.

• Thanks 1

Guest where can i find the

where can i find the shadowlands guide? this is dragonflight

11 hours ago, Guest where can i find the said:

where can i find the shadowlands guide? this is dragonflight

Hey! Shadowlands ends today on NA servers, and tomorrow on EU servers, so we have replaced the Shadowlands-based guides with Dragonflight ones. I apologize for the inconvenience for the next day if you are EU.

6 hours ago, Azortharion said:

Hey! Shadowlands ends today on NA servers, and tomorrow on EU servers, so we have replaced the Shadowlands-based guides with Dragonflight ones. I apologize for the inconvenience for the next day if you are EU.

I really wish you could for the next time this happens find a way for us to acess the old version one extra day for all us in eu who  are doing leveling til lthe last moment due to the buff etc.

What happened to the slider bar where you can pick your current level and have the contents adjust to what is available to you?  The other classes have them after the dragonflight update, but it is missing for hunters.... so the rotation section shows me stuff I don't have access to.