Beast Mastery Hunter Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.2)
Beast Mastery Hunter Leveling Guide for Dragonflight
When leveling up, always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.
Best Leveling Talents for Beast Mastery Hunter
You unlock the Talent Trees at Level 10. Further below is the recommended Leveling Talent path.
Beast Mastery Hunter Spec and Guide Changes for Latest Patch
Best Beast Mastery Hunter Leveling Talents
"Chill Mode" Leveling Build
This build assumes you are taking things at a relaxed pace and just enjoying the process. It assumes you are going to be fighting mob-by-mob primarily.
Speed Leveling Build
This build is intended for speed-leveling and sacrifices single-target damage to maximize your ability to make huge pulls and AoE damage.
Level by Level Rotation
To keep things simple while leveling and learning the spec, use the slider to select your level, and watch as the leveling rotation grows with each level!
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Leveling Rotation for Beast Mastery Hunter
When using our slider, note that some talents may appear sooner than you expect them to in the rotation. This is because we have two recommended builds above, each taking talents at slightly different times, and sometimes entirely different talents.
- Use Death Chakram as often as possible for hefty damage, if you are playing the Chill Mode Build.
- Use Barrage as often as possible for hefty damage. Combine with Misdirection on your pet for huge pulls. This only applies to the Tryhard Build.
- On AoE, use Multi-Shot to maintain Beast Cleave on your pet.
- Use Bestial Wrath on pulls and mobs that will survive most of its duration.
- Use Mend Pet for large pulls to keep your pet healthy.
- Use Kill Shot on targets below 20% health.
- Use Kill Command on cooldown.
- Use Barbed Shot to keep it from hitting 2 charges, and to maintain the Frenzy buff on your pet.
- Use Cobra Shot as a filler.
- Spam Arcane Shot.
- Use Steady Shot as a filler.
Best Leveling Pet for Beast Mastery Hunter
All pets do the same damage, but they vary in their utility and special abilities. For Leveling, the best pet is any Ferocity-type pet, as they heal themselves whenever they do damage, allowing you to make larger pulls and rely on Beast Cleave to keep your pet topped up.
If you are having it very easy with a Ferocity pet, swap to a Cunning Pet for additional movement speed, but less pet survivability, and no Primal Rage.
Ferocity pets also come with Primal Rage, which is a Bloodlust effect. Use this as often as possible when fighting for over thirty seconds.
You can find a list of all the Pets and the abilities they bring on our Spell Summary Page.
Level 70: Congratulations!
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.7
- 21 Aug. 2023: Restructured the page.
- 11 Jul. 2023: Slightly updated the talent order.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 24 Mar. 2023: Fixed an issue with the talent order.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 05 Nov. 2022: Reintroduced the level slider by popular request.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- One THOUSAND+ Pull Dramatic Tindral Mythic Kill by Skyline
- Wowdle: World of Warcraft Wordle-Style Game
- Illidari Doomhawk Available for Purchase with Timewarped Badges
- Tabard of Fury Available to Amazon Prime Subscribers This Month
- Patch 10.2 Week 4 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 3
- Item Level of Timewalking Rewards in Dragonflight Season 3
- Second Catalyst Charge Available This Week on Live Servers
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 27th