FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Mage Leveling Guide

14 hours ago, Ipque said:

What happened to the 1-120 leveling guide? With the slider and all, which talents to choose etc. ?

It was removed, as Shadowlands pre-patch lowers the levels to 1-50.

On 10/16/2020 at 8:37 PM, Guest Arcane Question said:

Does this mean the IMBA arcane-ness has been reworked?

Hi,

For Mage generic stuff you can see the guide linked at the top of this comment section (https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/mage-leveling-guide)

We do have a new page for level 1-60 Arcane as well, which can be found here: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arcane-mage-leveling-guide

It contains the slider and talents to choose, etc.

Let me know if you got any other questions!

Hey, I don't know if something has changed, but I tried following this guide and found that Frost is absolutely -not- the go-to spec until like level 40. They don't even get all of their procs until like level 37, which causes them to be extremely underpowered until they reach that level. Fire also has similar issues, but not to the same degree. This is based on leveling with unenchanted heirlooms, but I found arcane was -far and away- the absolute best specialization until you hit around level 40 and fire and frost end up catching up to it.

19 hours ago, isaac1207 said:

Hey, I don't know if something has changed, but I tried following this guide and found that Frost is absolutely -not- the go-to spec until like level 40. They don't even get all of their procs until like level 37, which causes them to be extremely underpowered until they reach that level. Fire also has similar issues, but not to the same degree. This is based on leveling with unenchanted heirlooms, but I found arcane was -far and away- the absolute best specialization until you hit around level 40 and fire and frost end up catching up to it.

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback. You are correct, Frost definitely lacks some tools until later while leveling (and fire as well). I'll think about describing the best leveling spec a bit better to differentiate between low and higher levels.

Thanks,

Dutchmagoz

• Like 1

Guest Sharkathi
On 5/18/2021 at 4:41 PM, Dutchmagoz said:

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback. You are correct, Frost definitely lacks some tools until later while leveling (and fire as well). I'll think about describing the best leveling spec a bit better to differentiate between low and higher levels.

Thanks,

Dutchmagoz

I'd like to add that the mob-control and kiting tools that Frost provides isn't nearly as useful anymore as it used to. Dying is uncommon if you don't play recklessly, so it's all about killing speed these days.