FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Havoc Demon Hunter PvE

On 10/25/2020 at 10:27 AM, Kakistocrat said:

I can't seem to find the PvP talent Solitude in game. 

Apologies, this should have been removed from the pre-patch and has been replaced.

Guest Festyria

Unbound Chaos has been reworked to give a 300% damage buff to the next Fel Rush for 20 seconds after using Immolation Aura.  It's no longer nearly good as the previous version of the talent.   A Charge can still be banked, but no longer indefinitely as the aura expires after 20 seconds.

Fel Rush is still uncapped so it may be worth taking when there are 5+ targets for extended durations, but it's now inferior to Trail of Ruin on <5 targets on fights lasting longer than 20 seconds.

On 11/24/2020 at 8:23 PM, Guest Masterlok said:

Thanks for the Update!

What's the right way to use Felblade? It isn't listed in the rotation list.

Thanks for catching it, was an old flag in the rotation boxes, should now be functional - still operates similarly to BfA with the rules on cast

Guest Crinx

The Felblade talent isn't showing correctly on the rotation page; currently, checking the Felblade box adds Fel Rush to the rotation, but not Felblade.

On 12/6/2020 at 5:09 PM, sympathy said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if the extra proc Relentless OnslaughtRelentless Onslaught conduit can proc the mana return and so 258887Cycle of HatredCycle of Hatred ? If yes does it make it better in anysituation than the 2 others (elysian decret boost and immolation aura boost) ?

Thanks for this awesome guide

Sympathy

The extra casts trigger all of the usual effects, so it works really well with Cycle. It's an extremely strong conduit in most situations just a little more limited in its applications compared to Growing Inferno.

Guest BEEFTANK_Jr

I'm very surprised that Resonant Mawfang is so low on the Anima Power tier list. I regularly find that it's my #1 damage ability against elites and bosses. So far, I have yet to see a single elite enemy against which the power isn't relevant since they all have an ability that can be interrupted. Similarly, every boss has a mechanic that can be interrupted.

Guest ronbo

Shouldn't there be a '/stopcasting' in the Disrupt macro similar to the Consume Magic macro?

On 12/15/2020 at 5:47 AM, Guest ronbo said:

Shouldn't there be a '/stopcasting' in the Disrupt macro similar to the Consume Magic macro?

Very sorry for the late response but yes it should, will update to follow that - though with Havoc being mostly instant oriented (sans Eye Beam) it's just there for the sake of immediacy and consistency.

20 hours ago, Guest BillW said:

i tried it many times now, but i cannt get any better damage numbers with Collective Anguish then without it on the Dummies in OG can you please check it again?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean - are you finding an actual loss by equipping it on its own? Because it's functionally just a flat increase to Eye Beam casts.

Guest Hushpad

I'm very new and was here looking up easy mode and when going over the Basic Rotation for Havoc Demon Hunters it said: 

Also remember with the talents picked here you never cast Blade Dance Icon Blade Dance.

Does this mean never at all? Even if Hekili addon suggests it as part of the rotation? 

FelbladeFelblade not being shown in the Rotation should probably be changed. It's a bit confusing to have to go to the end of the Rotation Page just to figure out when to cast the ability as a subnote in the last paragraph, rather than it being part of the Rotation when pressing "Shadowblades + Felblade"

Edited by Eluaria

20 hours ago, Eluaria said:

FelbladeFelblade not being shown in the Rotation should probably be changed. It's a bit confusing to have to go to the end of the Rotation Page just to figure out when to cast the ability as a subnote in the last paragraph, rather than it being part of the Rotation when pressing "Shadowblades + Felblade"

This was a format error in the page, apologies it should have been fixed already. Will be with the next pass of updates

On 12/22/2020 at 6:58 PM, Guest Hushpad said:

I'm very new and was here looking up easy mode and when going over the Basic Rotation for Havoc Demon Hunters it said: 

Also remember with the talents picked here you never cast Blade Dance Icon Blade Dance.

Does this mean never at all? Even if Hekili addon suggests it as part of the rotation? 

With Cycle of Hatred selected (and especially with added Legendary effects) it shouldn't be suggesting using it, as the goal is to convert as much Fury into Eye Beam CDR as possible. Without First Blood it just becomes too inefficient to use.

On 1/9/2021 at 12:39 AM, Guest Roswer said:

Lens of Elchaver - Spell - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

should be S-Tier

Stack it with immo-Aura (or any other ability that can crit) you basically have BFA inifinite stars. I tried multiple runs and you basically become a god. On my Layer 8 Run i Had 240k DPS as VDH

While I agree it can be very strong, it's not the enabler here - it's the two other powers relating to Immolation Aura and all of the Crit Obleron you acquire, it's a cherry on top. If you had it on its own regardless of those factors, it would (and is) just a good power.

Guest Dehuman

Why is Venthyr still your most recommended Covenant for DH, when NightFae is the best one for BOTH PvP and PvE. You need a section for PvP as well. This guide is saying Venthyr is best, which is only for PvE. NF is even better than Venth for PvE according to the top parses for Castle Nathria raid. 

Guest Dehuman

Why is there no mention of NightFae being the only viable Covenant if you want to PvP as a DH ? Not only that, but it appears to be the best performing covenant for raiding as well according to the top parses for the Castle Nathria raid. Please update this guide 

On 1/15/2021 at 7:57 PM, Guest Dehuman said:

Why is there no mention of NightFae being the only viable Covenant if you want to PvP as a DH ? Not only that, but it appears to be the best performing covenant for raiding as well according to the top parses for the Castle Nathria raid. Please update this guide 

The PvP guide can be found here which we keep separate, which is why it isn't covered.

When it comes to the PvE side, currently Venthyr is in a trough where it has no access to a second Potency slot that Night Fae has, which is hurting it a lot. This is likely to shift back this week, but going to keep an eye on if it needs to be changed - but this was expected to happen.

Firstly want to just say a massive thanks for the guide Wordup!

Secondly, I am wondering if someone could clarify the use of blade dance with Cycle of Hatred, I understand from the guide and comments above that we do not use blade dance as the fury is better spent reducing Eye Beam CD. However, whenever I sim with multiple targets it seems to always suggest blade dance (I am not using chaos theory legendary). Anyone know why this may be? I am just worried I am missing something!

On 1/21/2021 at 6:09 AM, Karaxxi said:

Firstly want to just say a massive thanks for the guide Wordup!

Secondly, I am wondering if someone could clarify the use of blade dance with Cycle of Hatred, I understand from the guide and comments above that we do not use blade dance as the fury is better spent reducing Eye Beam CD. However, whenever I sim with multiple targets it seems to always suggest blade dance (I am not using chaos theory legendary). Anyone know why this may be? I am just worried I am missing something!

There are some very small qualifiers that are causing it to be cast in SimC that are for purely optimization purposes, which I'll look into for the pages to see if it can be translated well, but for general play if using a full suite of Eye Beam oriented things the over/under on if it's worth casting is small enough that the benefit is solely on the "never cast it" range from what I can see.