FORUMS
positiv2

Marksmanship Hunter PvE

Guest Shikari

Hello! Why are you using Arcane shot over MultiShot on 2 targets? MultiShot's damage is higher on 2+, not 3+.

Hey there. Arcane Shot does more damage than Multi-Shot on two targets.

Remember that Multi-Shot's damage will be reduced by the enemy's Armor Rating because it is Physical damage, while Arcane Shot's damage will not get reduced because it is Arcane damage, so you cannot trust the numbers on the tooltips.

In BFA; the damage reduction from Armor for an equally leveled enemy is around 30%.

hello, ive been in the process of lvling a bunch of alts.. i see that for MM "Easy Mode" hunter you have Calling the Shots as the last tier talent. but in the rotation section you say to use Aimed Shot normally when Lock and Load proc happens.. am i missing something, is this just a mistake?

thanks a lot for all the guides btw ❤️

Edited by RenegadeZed

4 hours ago, RenegadeZed said:

hello, ive been in the process of lvling a bunch of alts.. i see that for MM "Easy Mode" hunter you have Calling the Shots as the last tier talent. but in the rotation section you say to use Aimed Shot normally when Lock and Load proc happens.. am i missing something, is this just a mistake?

thanks a lot for all the guides btw ❤️

I will fix this inconsistency!

Guest Yeetson

Hey! According to the priority list for Trueshot rotation, you should spend Aimed Shot charges even at the cost of ignoring Precise Shot procs.

However after simming for both variations during Trueshot window, using Precise Shot procs instead of keeping Aimed Shot off CD resulted in more ST damage. Is there something I'm missing here or why is Aimed Shot being preferred over Precise Shot buffed Arcane Shots?

This'll probably change after losing unnerving vision in SL, but still curious why.

4 hours ago, Guest Yeetson said:

Hey! According to the priority list for Trueshot rotation, you should spend Aimed Shot charges even at the cost of ignoring Precise Shot procs.

However after simming for both variations during Trueshot window, using Precise Shot procs instead of keeping Aimed Shot off CD resulted in more ST damage. Is there something I'm missing here or why is Aimed Shot being preferred over Precise Shot buffed Arcane Shots?

This'll probably change after losing unnerving vision in SL, but still curious why.

Hey, the current guide recommendation is based on the current default APL. This does not mean it is perfect, however it is the best implementation I know of right now.

Here's default APL behaviour with Careful Aim active in the opener:
f7252becec.pngHere's a bit later in the fight when Careful Aim has faded:
5b63804e8d.png

I am a better guidewriter than APL crafter, but here's a quick sim I did simply adding an &buff.precise-shots.up condition to Aimed Shot during Trueshot. The result is a small loss for prioritizing Precise Shots:
4f53b3a72b.png

I suspect that the optimal play is somewhere in the middle, prioritizing Aimed Shots during Careful Aim/the opener, and Precise Shots at other times under certain conditions.

I'd be curious to see your sim, here's mine: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/8GonM4j58bw4pNZqewCHfq

image.png

Guest Qwertydus

just curious if the last minute buffs to venthyrs ability made it any more competitive? 

6 hours ago, Guest Qwertydus said:

just curious if the last minute buffs to venthyrs ability made it any more competitive? 

That buff never actually happened. The Blue Post said it happened (with no indication as to how much it was buffed by) and nothing ever changed in-game.

Guest Boots suggestion

Quick Question. Why are the Spatial Rift boots the suggest BiS when Striders of the Restless MAlice has a Higher Crit and Versatility compared to the Listed boots being Crit/haste?

Heya. BiS Lists are not always (even usually) a perfect reflection of the general stat priority. There are stat distributions where Haste beats Versatility, and in the simulations it worked out in the favour of those Crit/Haste boots. The margin is probably less than 5 DPS, though, as with most differences in terms of BiS Dungeon Gear.

Guest Phrencys

Could you please go over the reasoning behind Serpentstalker's Trickery being "one of the best AoE legendaries"?

I'm trying to understand how 24.6636% of Attack power instantly + 73.71% of Attack power over 9 sec single target is better than the 240% on 5 targets of Soulforge Embers.

I get that MM is GCD starved and the combo can hit or miss while the Serpent Sting is "free" and can be applied on multiple targets via tab targetting Aimed Shots, but I have the feeling you won't get much out of the Serpentstalker while weaving Multi-Shots with Aimed Shots.

Is it just because of the clunkyness or I'm missing something?

Guest Zealos

Why is Serpenstalker's Trickery the best AoE legendary? The dot only applies to the main target, not all the one hit by the multi shotted aimed shot.

Guest witam wszystkich

Hey, i have a question about opener when going full AoE spec. Which opener do i use for single target encounters like m+ dungeon bosses when going with this build? Is it the AoE opener (DT->ES->WS/RA->Volley->TS) or a variation of the single target one including those AoE skills like (DT->AiS->RF->ES->WS/RA->Volley->TS)? Thanks for the great guide btw <3

18 hours ago, Guest Phrencys said:

Could you please go over the reasoning behind Serpentstalker's Trickery being "one of the best AoE legendaries"?

I'm trying to understand how 24.6636% of Attack power instantly + 73.71% of Attack power over 9 sec single target is better than the 240% on 5 targets of Soulforge Embers.

I get that MM is GCD starved and the combo can hit or miss while the Serpent Sting is "free" and can be applied on multiple targets via tab targetting Aimed Shots, but I have the feeling you won't get much out of the Serpentstalker while weaving Multi-Shots with Aimed Shots.

Is it just because of the clunkyness or I'm missing something?

Activating Soulforge Embers is simply way too costly for a GCD-locked spec.

In AoE situations, you will be casting several Aimed Shots anyway. All that changes is that you do so on different targets in the pack, especially initially during Trueshot where you can very quickly get 3 or even 4 Serpent Stings up and frontload the DoT's benefit.

12 hours ago, Guest Zealos said:

Why is Serpenstalker's Trickery the best AoE legendary? The dot only applies to the main target, not all the one hit by the multi shotted aimed shot.

See post above. ^^

24 minutes ago, Guest witam wszystkich said:

Hey, i have a question about opener when going full AoE spec. Which opener do i use for single target encounters like m+ dungeon bosses when going with this build? Is it the AoE opener (DT->ES->WS/RA->Volley->TS) or a variation of the single target one including those AoE skills like (DT->AiS->RF->ES->WS/RA->Volley->TS)? Thanks for the great guide btw ❤️

Variation of the single-target one like you posted, minus the RF after AiS.

Guest Badco
Hey how is the opener if I don't use Steady Focus just think away from row 3 or is the opener different ?????

10 minutes ago, Guest Badco said:

Hey how is the opener if I don't use Steady Focus just think away from row 3 or is the opener different ?????

Just ignore any double Steady Shot-related advice and continue as normal. 🙂

Guest Skarixus

Explosive Shot even in pure single target do more damage in total than Careful Aim talent?

52 minutes ago, Guest Badco said:

Is maintaining the steady focus buff above everything ???

As per the guide's Priority List, it is above all else if you have already fired one Steady Shot, and there is less than 5 seconds remaining on the buff. In that case, casting that second Steady Shot to refresh the buff is the highest priority.

32 minutes ago, Guest Skarixus said:

Explosive Shot even in pure single target do more damage in total than Careful Aim talent?

No, Careful Aim is recommended for purely single-target situations. But it's a pretty small difference and just a little bit of AoE will push Explosive Shot ahead.

Guest Badco
Hey first, thank you very much for your answers. 1 question I still have Booing guides from you come here on the page for the new raid found this always very good and helpful, many thanks for your effort and stay healthy greetings