FORUMS
positiv2

Destruction Warlock PvE

Guest Shao_

What about Corruption? Should that DoT not be used as a Destruction Warlock?

Destruction, like Demonology are specs working around generating and spending shards. Corruption itself does not offer any shard generation, and while it does more damage per execution than an incinerate, the lack of shards makes it not worth casting over incinerate (which is the lowest priority spell)

Guest Kexul

i love how the last time this was updated was before the release of the expansion

Guest penta

Hey Guys! Could you please fix stat priority as it mentions Intellect on the 4th place but also "Intellect is your primary stat"?

So is it still the prio for SL or not? Cheers!

Guest Pundastik

This is going to sound really negative so I want to couch it with the acknowledgement that Blizzard's constant changes in beta, and the expansion delay must have made it an impossible task to create up to date, reliable class guides and I appreciate the effort that goes into them.  However, I really don't trust the accuracy of these guides when compared to several other guides and videos by other prominent content creators.

I used to view icy veins as the last word in character builds and guides and I can't say I do right now.

3 hours ago, Guest Pundastik said:

This is going to sound really negative so I want to couch it with the acknowledgement that Blizzard's constant changes in beta, and the expansion delay must have made it an impossible task to create up to date, reliable class guides and I appreciate the effort that goes into them.  However, I really don't trust the accuracy of these guides when compared to several other guides and videos by other prominent content creators.

I used to view icy veins as the last word in character builds and guides and I can't say I do right now.

I'm sorry to hear that - is there by any chance a particular reason why you feel that way? Are there examples of things that are out of date? The guide is managed by one of the higher-ups of the Warlock class Discord, so I would have thought the advice given would align with almost all of the advice given there (where most of the reliable content comes from, generally, due to it housing all of the class' theorycrafters). If there is something that you have to found to be incorrect, Motoko will correct it ASAP I am certain, but please be more detailed in what you have found to be wrong with the guide.

The post you have made, to be frank, doesn't really tell us anything or give us any information in terms of what may be wrong or need fixing.

7 hours ago, Guest Pundastik said:

However, I really don't trust the accuracy of these guides when compared to several other guides and videos by other prominent content creators.

Mind to list what guides you think are more accurate?

Guest Nim

Hi there,

Just wondering why you have the Infernal Brand conduit listed in the AoE/Cleave section.  The infernal only melees 1 target and from my understanding of the conduit only that 1 target gets the debuff, so its not the entire pack of aoe/cleave taking more immo aura damage but just the 1 target he is attacking.

5 hours ago, Guest Nim said:

Hi there,

Just wondering why you have the Infernal Brand conduit listed in the AoE/Cleave section.  The infernal only melees 1 target and from my understanding of the conduit only that 1 target gets the debuff, so its not the entire pack of aoe/cleave taking more immo aura damage but just the 1 target he is attacking.

It is roughly .4% ahead of duplicitous Havoc on 5 targets. The main reason is talent configuration and the rotation involved. Playing Inferno/Soul Conduit means you basically tab Immolate and spam Rain of Fire with very little incinerate casts inbetween, using Havoc mostly to double shard generation of Conflagrate/Incinerate. Since the bulk of your damage comes from Rain of Fire, Infernals and then Immolate, traits like Ashen Remains, Combusting Engine and Duplictious Havoc offer a marginal gain.

If you were to run Fire and Brimstone, at low target count where you still apply Immolate Ashen Remains would retain value, but you have to be mindful that after 5 targets you just spam Incinerate AoE to fuel Rain of Fire, meaning with Rain of Chaos your Infernals will still demolish 1 target with Infernal Brand.

9 hours ago, megamason said:

Torghast is 100% easier with Demon Skin. no need to use burning rush in there. it isnt a timed race. Please update your guide

Im not sure BR isnt needed, i had plenty of runs where to get to the bonus objective I had to go to a dead end and come back, in those cases i was very thankful for having Burning Rush talented, especially without drawing any mobility anima powers. 

Not to mention during party play when everyone is sprinting and without BR and soulshape in cd you are constantly lagging behind, or when you have to travel longer distances out of combat with the increased chance for the stalkers to spawn on you.

I am not entirely sure why you put so much value in Demon Skin, but i guess it boils down to the fact i generally resummon the pet rather than trying to keep it topped off early in the run when it is the most vulnerable, and i make liberal use of Mortal coil to heal myself in combat if needed.

Guest FeralWookie
On 12/15/2020 at 8:04 AM, Motoko said:

Im not sure BR isnt needed, i had plenty of runs where to get to the bonus objective I had to go to a dead end and come back, in those cases i was very thankful for having Burning Rush talented, especially without drawing any mobility anima powers. 

Not to mention during party play when everyone is sprinting and without BR and soulshape in cd you are constantly lagging behind, or when you have to travel longer distances out of combat with the increased chance for the stalkers to spawn on you.

I am not entirely sure why you put so much value in Demon Skin, but i guess it boils down to the fact i generally resummon the pet rather than trying to keep it topped off early in the run when it is the most vulnerable, and i make liberal use of Mortal coil to heal myself in combat if needed.

But the point is there is zero rush as far as movement goes. You just need to stay alive and deal damage. You can go as slow as you want. Doing it fast is purely a matter of convenience with 0 impact on completion ability.

Guest FeralWookie

I have to admit, baring a perfect combo of powers completing upper layers on warlock is pretty rough compared to some other DPS classes. I think the problem is its pretty hard for our damage to become completely broken. I cap out around 9-10k dps with really good upgrades but can easily end up lower for the last boss.

Other dps classes are face rolling these. Our guild monk claims they are getting 30k dps on last boss....

If you fail to get your pet to be properly tanky by the final boss there is a good chance the run will be scuffed. Especially on the wing with the caster that targets you occasionally regardless of your pets aggro.

I guess we will see where this goes after I get more torhgast upgrades.

Guest odinspear

In the rotation section when you select the channel demonfire talent in the checkbox options the updated rotation results still call for the use of dark soul in addition to channel demonfire, shouldnt the darksoul be removed from the opening rotation sequence once the channel demonfire talent is chosen? Obviously you can't use both as they are on the same talent row, unless I'm missing something here.

On 12/16/2020 at 10:08 PM, Guest FeralWookie said:

I have to admit, baring a perfect combo of powers completing upper layers on warlock is pretty rough compared to some other DPS classes. I think the problem is its pretty hard for our damage to become completely broken. I cap out around 9-10k dps with really good upgrades but can easily end up lower for the last boss.

Other dps classes are face rolling these. Our guild monk claims they are getting 30k dps on last boss....

If you fail to get your pet to be properly tanky by the final boss there is a good chance the run will be scuffed. Especially on the wing with the caster that targets you occasionally regardless of your pets aggro.

I guess we will see where this goes after I get more torhgast upgrades.

I managed to hit 55k dps on boss this week as demo, and i have seen 40k dps st as destro too, so do not underestimate warlock in torghast

On 12/18/2020 at 3:13 AM, Guest odinspear said:

In the rotation section when you select the channel demonfire talent in the checkbox options the updated rotation results still call for the use of dark soul in addition to channel demonfire, shouldnt the darksoul be removed from the opening rotation sequence once the channel demonfire talent is chosen? Obviously you can't use both as they are on the same talent row, unless I'm missing something here.

I'm gonna update multiple sections tonight, that was definitely my fault when setting up the selector in html

Hey i made myself a Destro Warlock and i am still a bit confused what legi i shoud choose cause in the beginning i thought that the legi that woud make my chaos bolt hit harder woud be the main option. But now i am not so shoure cause the one with the soul chard regen sound useful for kinda all situations. So what legi shoud i go if i want mainly to go M+?

Edited by Deeps

On 12/27/2020 at 2:54 AM, Deeps said:

Hey i made myself a Destro Warlock and i am still a bit confused what legi i shoud choose cause in the beginning i thought that the legi that woud make my chaos bolt hit harder woud be the main option. But now i am not so shoure cause the one with the soul chard regen sound useful for kinda all situations. So what legi shoud i go if i want mainly to go M+?

as i wrote in the guide i think overall the best legendary to use in m+ is wilfred, due to the reduced cooldown on Infernal. While the legendary that increase shard generation on incinerate may be tempting it does not double the shards from incinerate crits and is not as impactful

Guest gaymer77

I'm trying to get an understanding of the stat weights and gem recommendations for warlock.  I know that when Shadowlands hit the Leviathan's Eye and even Kraken's Eye were being recommended by just about every other spec as the first 2 gems to use before using a Shadowlands rare secondary stat gem.  With the nerfs to both the Leviathan and Kraken gems to being +7 and +6 respectively, does the value of a +7 int gem still outweigh the +16 haste or mastery gems?  I only ask this because my warlock isn't 60 yet so raidbot simbot doesn't work for non 60 characters for me to see stat weights and stuff like that to see how much value int has compared to other stats.

Leviathan gem is very close to any +16 secondary for destro, and depending on your character gear progression it may be slightly better especially early on while gearing. In general those +16 secondaries are slightly ahead

Guest Mnemnoch

Im trying to get better and better at the game but running into some confusing walls. Im trying to figure out how much a similarly geared destro warlock is doing vs what Im doing. I need to know how off the curve I am so I can improve toward it. Ive run simbot but I cant figure out how to equate that to in game. Like how standing at a target dummy. Do I run the exact same rotation it states and see what the equals out at? I ran 2 mythics last night and the toxicity on how bad I did had me ashamed so I want to do anything I can to improve. Id like something where its Avg dps your class and gear level vs my dps 

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/gKsoZ2wmaMksVMtbHd7oQt/simc

as a first step you should try a quick sim on your character with all the buffs turned off, and compare that with 5 minutes on a dummy target to see how far off the mark you currently are. After you get a solid grasp on the rotation in single, the next logical step is incorporating it in a more dynamic environment like raid. Sadly you just need to get more practice and there is no other way around it. You can analyse the cast timeframe of top logs for each encounter but you also need to put in practice what you can learn from that, and that does imply queuing for hc/normal runs and keep praciticing until you are comfortable with that encounter in a lower difficulty.