FORUMS
positiv2

Fury Warrior PvE

21 hours ago, Ennderai said:

Hi, I believe I found a typo or incomplete information in the "Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities".

In Section 2, in the skill priority it says to "Delay Avatar's cast until Enraged if also using Titan's Torment".

Which makes sense, but I believe it's missing to mention Titanic Rage, which makes it fine as far as I know to cast Avatar + Titan's Torment + Titanic Rage without being Enraged.

Depends on how technical you want to get with that statement.

• You do want to delay Avatar until you're enraged when using Titan's Torment.
  • If you also have Titanic Rage, that will happen automatically.

However, it's important to note that in the current (prepatch/live) version of the game, the Enrage from Titanic Rage does not trigger until after Odyn's Fury begins dealing damage. This means to optimize fully, you do not want to rely on that talent and instead want to delay until you have a natural Enrage active from another source. This has since been changed on the beta to trigger Enrage before dealing damage, but that fix will not be reflected on live servers until the full expansion goes live on the 28th.

I see. Thank you for the insight! I was wondering if the Enrage happened before or after the automatic cast of Odyn's Fury. Glad to know they are changing it for release so it happens before.

Hi!

I was wondering why is it recommended to cast: Ravager -> Recklessness -> Spear of Bastion -> Avatar, instead of something like: Recklessness -> Avatar -> Ravager -> Spear of Bastion.

I'm probably missing some information here, would love to get a bit more insight into the thoughts behind this priority.

Thank you.

Edited by Ennderai

On 12/2/2022 at 12:17 PM, Ennderai said:

Hi!

I was wondering why is it recommended to cast: Ravager -> Recklessness -> Spear of Bastion -> Avatar, instead of something like: Recklessness -> Avatar -> Ravager -> Spear of Bastion.

I'm probably missing some information here, would love to get a bit more insight into the thoughts behind this priority.

Thank you.

Ravager should be cast first to start generating Hurricane stacks sooner. Because it deals damage over time, having one tick fall out of cooldowns is a fairly insignificant minor loss, whereas benefitting from Hurricane sooner represents a much bigger gain.

On 11/9/2022 at 5:53 PM, Ennderai said:

I see. Thank you for the insight! I was wondering if the Enrage happened before or after the automatic cast of Odyn's Fury. Glad to know they are changing it for release so it happens before.

I mentioned this in my previous post, but just for clarity - this was fixed in the live (Dragonflight proper) version of the game, so Enrage now triggers before Odyn's Fury deals damage, making the talent much more viable.

Guest Face

Is there a reason that your guide on wowhead has Strength > Mastery >= Crit > Haste > Versatility as stat prio, yet on here its:

1. Strength;
  2. Haste;
  3. Mastery;
  4. Critical Strike;
  5. Versatility.

Guest Wrong spec used

Under the mythic + talents here there is the following sentence

Arms Warriors have a lot of talent choice when it comes to Mythic+, with the flexibility to bring extra defensives, utility, and tailor their damage to the expected situation.

1 hour ago, Guest Wrong spec used said:

Under the mythic + talents here there is the following sentence

Hi! Thank you for pointing this out. We will fix it now.

On 12/22/2022 at 12:36 PM, Guest Vos said:

The link for

PhoGuild's Raid Ability Timeline is a WeakAura that replaces your BigWigs/Deadly Boss Mod bars with a scrolling list of raid/dungeon boss abilities. It provides an excellent and concise view of what is coming up next in the encounter.

is currently broken. (https://wago.io/B1pfxTOtb)

I think it may have moved here: https://wago.io/Hkg7M4krQ

Thanks for the update!

Guest Shikiho

Why is Annihilator build chosen over Crushing Blow here? From all my testing, both on dummies and in keys, Crushing Blow has almost 40% more dmg on packs and 20% more damage on single targets even if you drop Bloodthirst from your bars completely and just substitute it with Raging Blow.

Guest FurryWarrior
On 1/15/2023 at 12:37 PM, Guest Shikiho said:

Why is Annihilator build chosen over Crushing Blow here? From all my testing, both on dummies and in keys, Crushing Blow has almost 40% more dmg on packs and 20% more damage on single targets even if you drop Bloodthirst from your bars completely and just substitute it with Raging Blow.

I have found the same thing, DPS goes way up with Crushing Blow build. I think this guide is from pre-patch and has not been updated.

> Unfortunately, the new talent system does not contain any functionality for using an ability only if a specific talent is selected

I'm pretty sure it does for long time already. Just tested it to be sure and it works:

#showtooltip [known:Annihilator] Slam; Raging Blow
/cast [known:Annihilator] Slam; Raging Blow

Guest Spears questions

Talent section suggests picking up Champion's Spear as a talent but it's now shown in the rotation.  Is this some sort of mix up with Spear of the Bastion which is shown in rotation?

On 2/13/2024 at 4:33 PM, Guest Spears questions said:

Talent section suggests picking up Champion's Spear as a talent but it's now shown in the rotation.  Is this some sort of mix up with Spear of the Bastion which is shown in rotation?

The name change probably broke something in the way it translates spell links. I'll fix it up today!