Fury Warrior DPS Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Fury Warrior in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
Mythic+ has only just released, so information on this page is subject to change as dungeon specific information is added and new strategies are developed.
1.1. Fury Warrior in Mythic+
Fury lags slightly behind Arms in Mythic+, due to moderately less burst potential, but it makes up for it with strong sustained single-target and an smooth multi-target rotation, which ensures no downtime or loss of damage due to a lack of Rage.
Because the majority of Mythic+ revolves around dealing with multiple targets, Fury follows the basic multi-target priority laid out in the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page. The key difference is in predicting the layout of the dungeon, and knowing when to save cooldowns versus when to use them. Smartly saving your cooldowns when a target is about to die, and instead using it on a fresh pack which will survive the duration of your burst damage is far more efficient and will help your group finish on time.
1.2. Fury Warrior Utility
2. Mythic+ Talents for Fury Warrior
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. These talents are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|15||? War Machine||✓ Endless Rage||✗ Fresh Meat|
|30||✓ Double Time||✗ Impending Victory||? Storm Bolt|
|45||✗ Inner Rage||✓ Sudden Death||✗ Furious Slash|
|60||✗ Furious Charge||✗ Bounding Stride||✓ Warpaint|
|75||✓ Carnage||✗ Massacre||? Frothing Berserker|
|90||✗ Meat Cleaver||✓ Dragon Roar||✓ Bladestorm|
|100||✗ Reckless Abandon||✓ Anger Management||? Siegebreaker|
Fury Warriors have a moderate amount of talent choices in Mythic+, with the flexibility to bring extra mobility, utility, and tailor their damage to the expected situation. When expecting to pull multiple packs into one large group, Frothing Berserker, Bladestorm, and Siegebreaker have great synergy, although it takes a considerable amount of build up, delaying your burst. Due to the buff from Whirlwind, all of Fury's abilities will cleave up to 5 targets, making Fury very well suited to dealing sustained multi-target damage. This is especially effective with groups that pull small packs quickly, rather than creating large groups to burst down all at once.
- Level 15: Endless Rage and War Machine are both very effective, depending on the frequency with which you pull, and how frequently targets are defeated.
- Level 30: Double Time is a staple for both mobility and rage generation leading to more damage, although Storm Bolt can be taken when stuns are needed to lock down difficult opponents.
- Level 45: Sudden Death is the prime talent, requiring little micromanagment, and dealing high multi-target damage when buffed by Whirlwind.
- Level 60: Warpaint is only a moderate, but very consistent damage reduction. The high active time combined with Fury's own natural healing will help take pressure off your healer, especially in higher keys.
- Level 75: Frothing Berserker is the best burst AoE option in conjunction with Bladestorm and Siegebreaker, although it takes a good amount of preparation, making it inefficient when enemies die quickly. Carnage is a much smoother option for sustained damage.
- Level 90: Bladestorm has higher burst on a longer cooldown, while Dragon Roar is the opposite. They are very closely tuned, so pick whichever best suits your needs.
- Level 100: Siegebreaker is again the best burst AoE option when cleaved with Whirlwind, but requires considerable preparation. Anger Management creates smoother gameplay by keeping your cooldowns available more often throughout the instance.
3. Mythic+ Affixes
The way Mythic+ affixes are tiered in Battle for Azeroth has changed quite a bit since their launch in Legion.
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix is activated at level two, while the second affix starts at level four, the third affix is enabled at level seven, and the seasonal affix occurs at level ten.
3.1. Tier One Affixes
- Fortified increases the Health pool of all non-boss enemies by 20% and damage dealt by 30%.
- Tyrannical increases the Health pool of boss enemies by 40% and their damage dealt by 15%.
Fortified and Tyrannical are the two affixes every player will see. These affixes shift the focus of dungeons from boss to trash depending on the week. Fury Warriors will generally excel during Fortified weeks due to their strong multi-target options, though many Tyrannical bosses can also be susceptible to extended Execute.
3.2. Tier Two Affixes
- Raging increases the damage dealt by enemies below 30% HP by 100% until they die.
- Teeming adds additional trash mobs to certain packs throughout each dungeon.
- Bolstering buffs remaining enemies Health pools and damage dealt by 20% when an enemy dies nearby. To counter this affix, DPS all mobs down evenly and focus your casts into high Health mobs if there are any.
- Sanguine places a pool of blood on the ground when a mob is slain. This pool will heal remaining enemies who stay inside the zone and also damage players.
- Bursting forces enemy mobs to detonate when slain, afflicting the group with a stacking debuff that causes players to suffer 10% of their max Health in damage every four seconds. When handling the Bursting affix, ask how many stacks your healer can handle and try to not mindlessly DPS and exceed your healers stack limit.
3.3. Tier Three Affixes
- Volcanic spawns volcanic plumes underneath and around players when in combat with any enemy. When damaged by Volcanic, players suffer 50% of their maximum Health pool in damage. The more enemies you are in combat with, the more Volcanic plumes that will spawn.
- Grievous afflicts players with a stacking DoT when they fall below 90%. Defensive Stance can help mitigate the damage while your healer catches up.
- Quaking will periodically attempt to interrupt casters by creating a damaging zone around each player. About 3 seconds after the zone forms, it will deal 20% maximum Health in damage to each player caught in the zone, as well as interrupting any hard casts being finished during the shockwave.
- Explosive will occasionally spawn Explosive Orbs that need to be targeted and burned down within a short period of time or they will deal significant damage to the party. Explosive Orbs are not cleavable and the amount of orbs that spawn scales with the amount of enemies pulled.
- Necrotic debuffs the target of enemy melee swings with stacking healing reduction and a minor DoT.
- Skittish reduces the amount of threat generated by tanks throughout the dungeon. Be especially careful of this in melee, and especially wary of using burst AoE abilities, in order to manage your threat between multiple targets.
3.4. Seasonal Affix
Infested is the seasonal affix for the launch of Battle for Azeroth. Enemies afflicted with the Infested debuff will be scattered throughout each dungeon once you reach key level ten. These mobs will heal enemies around them and, when slain, will spawn two Spawn of G'huun that will attempt to infest remaining enemies.
There are several ways to handle Infested mobs depending on pack size, which mob is infested, and group composition. The first way to handle an Infested enemy is to burn down the infested target and the subsequently spawning Spawn of G'huun, while either crowd controlling or ignoring the other mobs in the pack. The second way is to crowd control the Infested mob and burn down all the other enemies. After you kill an infested mob and the Spawns of G'huun spawn, Fury Warriors can use Intimidating Shout, Storm Bolt, and Piercing Howl to help keep it controlled.
4. Mythic+ Azerite Traits
Simmering Rage and Pulverizing Blows are the only Fury specific Mythic+ Azerite traits for multitarget damage, and neither are particularly potent. In general, using more powerful single target traits such as Reckless Flurry is preferred. You can find a full list of Azerite trait comparisons on the Simulations Page.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Reviewed and up to date for Patch 8.1.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Updated for Mythic+ release.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 17th
- Winter Veil 2018 (December 16th - January 2nd)
- How the Secret Hivemind Mount Works
- The Hivemind Secret Solved, Mount Available!
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 14th
- The Hivemind Secret Gets New Clues
- World of Warcraft Greek Community Q&A Roundup: December 13th
- Upcoming Class Tuning - December 18th
- Elemental Shaman 8.0.1
- New to Paladin help!
- Frost Death Knight 8.0.1
- Elemental Shaman PvP 7.2
- My horde dragonhawk died in the combat training??
- ClassicWoW-EU, the Discord server for the classic European community.
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Survival Hunter 8.0.1