Fury Warrior DPS Mythic+ Tips — Shadowlands 9.0.2
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Fury Warrior in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.2.
Unique Challenges of Mythic+
Mythic+ Dungeons, especially high ones, are arguably the highest level of competitive PvE content that WoW has to offer aside from Mythic raiding.
Fury Warriors are currently very strong in Mythic+, bringing strong burst, sustained cleave, and respectable single-target damage. They falter in terms of defensive and group utility in the highest of keys, but can reliably complete +15 dungeons without too many issues, and push higher with the right group setup.
Because the majority of Mythic+ revolves around dealing with multiple targets, Fury follows the basic multi-target priority laid out in the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page. The key difference is in predicting the layout of the dungeon, and knowing when to save cooldowns versus when to use them. Smartly saving your cooldowns when a target is about to die, and instead using it on a fresh pack which will survive the duration of your burst damage is far more efficient and will help your group finish on time.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 1 page below.
Fury Warrior Mythic+ Builds
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+, and although there is one primary dungeon build, a couple talents can shift slightly depending on your preferences.
|15||✗ War Machine||✗ Sudden Death||✓ Fresh Meat|
|25||✓ Double Time||✗ Impending Victory||? Storm Bolt|
|30||✓ Massacre||✗ Frenzy||✗ Onslaught|
|35||✗ Furious Charge||? Bounding Stride||✓ Warpaint|
|40||✗ Seethe||? Frothing Berserker||✓ Cruelty|
|45||✗ Meat Cleaver||✗ Dragon Roar||✓ Bladestorm|
|50||✓ Anger Management||✗ Reckless Abandon||✗ Siegebreaker|
Fury Warriors have some, but not a lot, of talent choices in Mythic+, with the flexibility to bring extra mobility, utility, and tailor their damage to the expected situation. Due to the buff from Whirlwind, all of Fury's abilities will cleave up to 5 targets, making the spec very well suited to dealing sustained multi-target damage, especially effective with groups that pull small packs quickly, rather than creating large groups to burst down all at once.
- Level 15: Fresh Meat is incredibly useful for reliably opening combat with and then maintaining Enrage, as it can be tab targeted to proc Enrage on each target.
- Level 25: Double Time is a staple for both mobility and rage generation leading to more damage, although Storm Bolt can be taken when stuns are needed to lock down difficult opponents.
- Level 30: Massacre is the main choice simply due to less competitive talents. Frenzy continually falls off due to changing targets frequently, and Onslaught can be decent, but difficult to work into an already cluttered rotation.
- Level 35: Warpaint is a moderate, but very consistent amount of damage reduction. The high active time combined with Fury's own natural healing will help take pressure off your healer, especially in higher keys. For less dangerous situations though, Bounding Stride is the best alternative.
- Level 40: Cruelty is technically the strongest, although Raging Blow is not used nearly as much in AoE as single-target. Frothing Berserker may be a little burstier, as the extra Rage generation will help launch more Rampage casts.
- Level 45: Bladestorm is the go-to AoE talent, now that Dragon Roar deals reduced damage to secondary targets.
- Level 50: Anger Management helps Recklessness align with Bladestorm, significantly increasing burst AoE potential. Siegebreaker remains fairly strong in sustained cleave, but Mythic+ dungeons typically favor better cooldown frequency..
Rotational Considerations for Fury Warriors in Mythic+
For the most part, your rotation will remain the same as normal in Mythic+ dungeons. Because of the nature of dungeons, however, with mobs dying constantly and there sometimes being downtime in between packs, we recommend taking the following extra considerations.
Note that the information below specifically pertains to Mythic+. If you require more general information, you should go to the main Rotation page below.
- Open with Charge whenever possible
- Whirlwind when the buff is not active
- Condemn / Spear of Bastion / Ancient Aftershock
Fury Warrior Utility
Battle Shout increases attack power by 5%, which applies to all melee specs and Warrior abilities, even those which do not deal purely Physical damage.
Pummel is crucial in Mythic+ as interrupting dangerous spell casts is of the utmost importance.
Rallying Cry applies to the entire party, making it a strong defensive tool during periods of group-wide damage, or a personal cooldown as needed.
Spell Reflection is exceptional in Mythic+, either for reducing the damage of powerful debuffs, or reflecting high damage and debilitating effects. Although the ability can be used quite often due to its low cooldown, properly identifying which abilities should be reflected is key, as it can completely nullify dangerous effects and render some enemies completely harmless.
Storm Bolt is another useful tool in stopping enemy attacks and spellcasts, although it comes at the cost of Double Time, which is a very strong mobility option. Intimidating Shout can also be used as a faux stun, but much less reliably.
Fury Warrior Legendaries in Mythic+
Currently the best choice of legendary for Mythic+ dungeons is Signet of Tormented Kings, as the extra Bladestorm procs contribue a great deal of extra damage when facing multiple targets. Judgment of the Arbiter is also a good choice when paired with another player also using the effect.
Trinket Considerations for Fury Warriors in Mythic+
When choosing your trinkets, there are two avenues of approach. The first is maximizing burst in conjuction with your cooldowns, while the second is maximizing single target in order to perform better on bosses. We recommend simulating yourself on Raidbots using the Patchwerk option for raids and single-target, and DungeonSlice (Mythic+/AoE Fights) Fight Styles. Usually, we recommend using trinkets that proc stats, rather than single-target damage dealers.
You can also get a quick overview of good Mythic+ Trinkets on our Gearing page, specifically the Simulation chart for multi-target scenarios.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Removed Essence & Azerite information, updated the rest for Shadowlands launch.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A Cool Way to Enter the Venthyr Covenant Sanctum in Sinfall
- Want to Know How Many Times You've Tried to Mount in the Maw but Couldn't?
- Torghast Boss One-shots, Cheesing, Crazy DPS and More
- Fast Plaguefall Hunter Legendary Farm Method
- Most Popular Classes and Specializations in Shadowlands on Icy Veins
- New In-Game Player Memorials in Silvermoon City?
- Sinrunner Blanchy's Alive Form Discovered
- Varok Saurfang's Mak'gora Cinematic Upscaled to 4K