Fury Warrior DPS Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Fury Warrior in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
Fury Warrior in Mythic+
Fury Warriors are currently very strong in Mythic+, bringing strong burst, sustained cleave, and respectable single-target damage. They falter in terms of defensive and group utility in the highest of keys, but can reliably complete +15 dungeons without too many issues, and push higher with the right group setup.
Because the majority of Mythic+ revolves around dealing with multiple targets, Fury follows the basic multi-target priority laid out in the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page. The key difference is in predicting the layout of the dungeon, and knowing when to save cooldowns versus when to use them. Smartly saving your cooldowns when a target is about to die, and instead using it on a fresh pack which will survive the duration of your burst damage is far more efficient and will help your group finish on time.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our dedicated Mythic+ page below.
Fury Warrior Utility
Mythic+ Talents for Fury Warrior
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. There are two main builds for Mythic+ dungeons, largely determined by your essence choice. Blood of the Enemy ( Blood of the Enemy + Blood-Soaked) synergizes very well with Reckless Abandon and provides the highest burst potential, while Essence of the Focusing Iris ( Focused Azerite Beam + Focused Energy) pairs well with Anger Management and Bladestorm for much more frequently burst. Lastly, Condensed Life-Force ( Guardian of Azeroth + Condensed Life-Force) can be used for prioritizing single target damage, though it is seldom as important a consideration.
|15||✗ War Machine||✓ Endless Rage||✗ Fresh Meat|
|30||✓ Double Time||✗ Impending Victory||? Storm Bolt|
|45||✗ Inner Rage||✓ Sudden Death||✗ Furious Slash|
|60||✗ Furious Charge||? Bounding Stride||✓ Warpaint|
|75||✓ Carnage||✗ Massacre||✗ Frothing Berserker|
|90||✗ Meat Cleaver||✓ Dragon Roar||✓ Bladestorm|
|100||✓ Reckless Abandon||✓ Anger Management||? Siegebreaker|
Fury Warriors have a moderate amount of talent choices in Mythic+, with the flexibility to bring extra mobility, utility, and tailor their damage to the expected situation. When expecting to pull multiple packs into one large group, Frothing Berserker, Bladestorm, and Siegebreaker have great synergy, although it takes a considerable amount of build up, delaying your burst. Due to the buff from Whirlwind, all of Fury's abilities will cleave up to 5 targets, making Fury very well suited to dealing sustained multi-target damage. This is especially effective with groups that pull small packs quickly, rather than creating large groups to burst down all at once.
- Level 15: Endless Rage provides the most consistent increase in Rage generation.
- Level 30: Double Time is a staple for both mobility and rage generation leading to more damage, although Storm Bolt can be taken when stuns are needed to lock down difficult opponents.
- Level 45: Sudden Death is a straightforward and versatile option which requires little micromanagment.
- Level 60: Warpaint is only a moderate, but very consistent damage reduction. The high active time combined with Fury's own natural healing will help take pressure off your healer, especially in higher keys.
- Level 75: Carnage is really the only worthwhile option.
- Level 90: Bladestorm has higher burst on a longer cooldown, while Dragon Roar is the opposite. They are very closely tuned, so pick whichever best suits your needs, although Bladestorm has a notable advantage when also using Gathering Storm.
- Level 100: Siegebreaker remains the best single target damage option, however both Anger Management and Reckless Abandon are better for multitarget damage, depending on your approach. Anger Management reliably aligns Recklessness with Bladestorm for more frequent multi-target burst, while Reckless Abandon syncs very well with Blood of the Enemy for high burst against particularly important targets and is common when pushing high keys. In this case, it is best to choose what most fits your intended strategy.
The way Mythic+ affixes are tiered in Battle for Azeroth has changed quite a bit since their launch in Legion.
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix is activated at level two, while the second affix starts at level four, the third affix is enabled at level seven, and the seasonal affix occurs at level ten.
Awakened replaces Beguiling as the seasonal affix for Season 4 of Battle for Azeroth. In it, obelisks exist within dungeons which will pull players into a Corrupted alternate reality inhabited by lieutenants of N'Zoth who must be defeated before the final boss, lest they ambush you in turn. Upon defeating a lieutenant, a portal is created which allows players to move back and forth between realities, avoiding enemies and creating skips that previously required special class abilities.
Unfortunately, Fury Warriors do not have much interaction with the mechanic, though they should be aware of potential skips and how that may impact the dungeon progress route in order to effectively time cooldowns.
Mythic+ Azerite Traits
Simmering Rage and Unbridled Ferocity are both very good for both single and multi-target damage, while also providing powerful secondary bonuses which speed up resource generation and the pace of gameplay.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3.
- 29 Jul. 2019: Better Beguiling information and strategies for dealing with Emissaries.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 18 Jan. 2019: Added Reaping. Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Reviewed and up to date for Patch 8.1.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Updated for Mythic+ release.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- 100 Elites in 1 Solo Pull: Almost All of Sunken Temple Cleared at Once by Mage and Paladin
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: May 28th
- Character Transfer Restrictions: May 28th
- Soulbinds and Conduits in Shadowlands
- Upcoming Black Lotus and Warsong Gulch Adjustments
- Fist of Justice Hotfix Coming Soon
- WoW Demographics for Class, Race and Faction Infographic