FORUMS
positiv2

Protection Warrior PvE

23 hours ago, Guest sock said:

"multi-target rotation"

Use Revenge on cooldown.

Revenge has no cooldown.

Hello,

Thank you for pointing it out - it should be worded properly shortly.

Guest tPaste

Is it possible to get a Prawn stat ranking import (or at least give them a number instead of ranking). I use Prawn and the Weights are:

Vers > Mas > Str > Armor > Stam > Haste > Crit

While the stat rankings here Haste is on top and it says the secondary stats are very close while in Prawn the variance is large. 1 Vers is worth 26.53 and 1 crit is worth 13.47 (nearly half as much and one Haste is only 15.18 which based on this guide seems crazy). Which is right?

I would like Pawn to work for my warrior but the recommendations are all over the place right now.

20 hours ago, Guest tPaste said:

Is it possible to get a Prawn stat ranking import (or at least give them a number instead of ranking). I use Prawn and the Weights are:

Vers > Mas > Str > Armor > Stam > Haste > Crit

While the stat rankings here Haste is on top and it says the secondary stats are very close while in Prawn the variance is large. 1 Vers is worth 26.53 and 1 crit is worth 13.47 (nearly half as much and one Haste is only 15.18 which based on this guide seems crazy). Which is right?

I would like Pawn to work for my warrior but the recommendations are all over the place right now.

Hello,
I do not advice you to use Pawn. While the idea of it is great it does not actually reflect what is the best for you. As your items change so do your stats and stat values. For pure DPS purposes you should look to SIM yourself using tools like Raidbots. For general survivability purposes the stat priority mentioned on the stat page is advised.

Guest Leah

Condemn doesn't cost rage, it generates it. Don't know if this was a recent change, but it needs fixed here.

On 12/12/2020 at 1:22 AM, Guest Schnack said:

I know it's profession specific, but engineers should enchant/improve their belt with spell_shaman_staticshock.gif Damage Retaliator .

Hello,
Fair point - it will be added shortly, thank you.

On 12/17/2020 at 12:09 AM, Guest Leah said:

Condemn doesn't cost rage, it generates it. Don't know if this was a recent change, but it needs fixed here.

Condemn and Execute both cost Rage to cast for Protection. Fury is the specialization that has Condemn/Execute generating Rage for it.

Guest lolbadguide

Dude I seriously think you should amend some of these anima powers. Maybe go read the wowhead guide cause the strongest anima powers you have ranked in like the D tier etc

20 hours ago, Guest lolbadguide said:

Dude I seriously think you should amend some of these anima powers. Maybe go read the wowhead guide cause the strongest anima powers you have ranked in like the D tier etc

Hello,
Thank you for your comment - the guide is being updated for Twisted Corridors.
Until now you did not need extra defensives to do the content properly making the defensive powers less desirable.

On 1/31/2021 at 7:36 AM, Guest Sumato said:

In what universe are protection warriors out-dps'ing other tanks? 

Hello,

Thank you for pointing it out - it seems to have eluded me when the guide was being updated. It will be fixed in the nearest days.
You are correct, unfortunately our DPS compared to most other tanks is lackluster currently.

Guest Vidmaster

Love your work / the effort put into this page.

This is mostly just a question regarding food. If point for point STR is under every stat why is it advised to use a feast that grants 20 STR over other food that gives 30 of a stat at this time? Would this not be less value in all cases?

Thank you for your time,
Vid

On 2/3/2021 at 1:33 AM, Guest Vidmaster said:

Love your work / the effort put into this page.

This is mostly just a question regarding food. If point for point STR is under every stat why is it advised to use a feast that grants 20 STR over other food that gives 30 of a stat at this time? Would this not be less value in all cases?

Thank you for your time,
Vid

Hello,
I'm glad the guide is helpful. The food part was an oversight from my part - you should definitely use haste food as stat for stat it provides more value than STR does. It should also be fixed in the guide now, thank you for pointing it out. 

On 2/13/2021 at 4:46 PM, Guest Theorycraft said:

Currently testing inv_sword_11.gif Devastator with a 1.8 speed weapon (yes, it comes with agility, str is only available with 2.6 speed weapons)

Is it worth equipping and maxing haste to make most profit of inv_shield_32.gif Heavy Repercussions?

First , just in case to make it clear..rage gain has been "normalized" meaning that overall you get roughly as much rage with a 1.8 speed weapon that you would get with a 2.6 speed weapon.
When it comes to HR and Devastator interactions - the difference between the Shield Slam procs you would get would most likely be negligible SB extension when comparing to Bolster. On top of that you do not want to rely on RNG of getting a Shield Slam proc on the correct time to extend your SB - as a tank you want more reliable mitigation windows, e.g Bolster. You can still try this out yourself to see the proc differences by hitting a target dummy with both weapons and just spamming SS button for like 5 minutes.

Guest psichokille

Hi i'd like to know if this trinket (https://fr.wowhead.com/item=181507/noyau-palpitant-d-abomination?bonus=6935) could be usefull for warrior tank :)

in hope of an answer,

have a nice day

19 hours ago, Guest psichokille said:

Hi i'd like to know if this trinket (https://fr.wowhead.com/item=181507/noyau-palpitant-d-abomination?bonus=6935) could be usefull for warrior tank 🙂

in hope of an answer,

have a nice day

Hello,
The item itself is solid when comparing to other similar item level trinkets. Unfortunately it is a world drop meaning that the item level you can get it at is limited on the lower end.
Other trinkets that can drop at higher item level like Blood-Spatter Scale would be a better fit in most situations.

Guest psichokille
1 hour ago, Mwahi said:

Hello,
The item itself is solid when comparing to other similar item level trinkets. Unfortunately it is a world drop meaning that the item level you can get it at is limited on the lower end.
Other trinkets that can drop at higher item level like Blood-Spatter Scale would be a better fit in most situations.

thnx for the answer, I managed to get one (187) and here is the 2 I currently use: Splintered Heart of Al'ar (213) and Viscera of Coalesced Hatred (197). I was thinking of using that one instead of the Viscera of Coalesced Hatred. What do you think? And if i managed to get a mythic+ blood-splater Scale, I was thinking of using that one + blood scale. Or should i keep using heart of al'ar?

On 2/19/2021 at 6:44 PM, Guest psichokille said:

thnx for the answer, I managed to get one (187) and here is the 2 I currently use: Splintered Heart of Al'ar (213) and Viscera of Coalesced Hatred (197). I was thinking of using that one instead of the Viscera of Coalesced Hatred. What do you think? And if i managed to get a mythic+ blood-splater Scale, I was thinking of using that one + blood scale. Or should i keep using heart of al'ar?

Heart of Al'ar should mainly be used in very difficult content where you are actually in danger of dying as otherwise the trinket loses its value. You would preferably use Emitter+Blood scale for example in m+. Even with all the moving you will still get around 30% uptime on the haste buff. Meanwhile i would suggest using  Viscera + Abomination (unless you are doing content where you are actually in danger of dying then you should use the Heart). For DPS purposes you can of course SIM yourself to see what performs the best.

Guest tPaste

Any update on the legendary changes for 9.0.5? How do they impact prot warrior?

Guest Rage Potion
On 2/15/2021 at 11:28 AM, Mwahi said:

Hello,
I'm glad the guide is helpful. The food part was an oversight from my part - you should definitely use haste food as stat for stat it provides more value than STR does. It should also be fixed in the guide now, thank you for pointing it out. 

First , just in case to make it clear..rage gain has been "normalized" meaning that overall you get roughly as much rage with a 1.8 speed weapon that you would get with a 2.6 speed weapon.
When it comes to HR and Devastator interactions - the difference between the Shield Slam procs you would get would most likely be negligible SB extension when comparing to Bolster. On top of that you do not want to rely on RNG of getting a Shield Slam proc on the correct time to extend your SB - as a tank you want more reliable mitigation windows, e.g Bolster. You can still try this out yourself to see the proc differences by hitting a target dummy with both weapons and just spamming SS button for like 5 minutes.

Thx for the feedback. Despite having a lot more "white" melee hits with 1.8, the amount of Shield Slam procs remains almost equal.

Here's another weird choice of mine - I find it appealing to use Draenor 75 rage gain potion in my Protection Warrior, as a substitute to health potion. You can use it with Last stand, spend on Ignore Pain or smack some Condemns, with Indomitable tallented, and get the 3.5-5k heals, depending on max hp. Unfortunatelly, doesn't recieve bonus rage gain from Unnerving Focus Conduit or Recklesness.

It comes at the cost of losing instant 10k+ heal from health potion, but you get more value.

Guest Tank Trinket
On 2/18/2021 at 9:05 PM, Guest psichokille said:

Hi i'd like to know if this trinket (https://fr.wowhead.com/item=181507/noyau-palpitant-d-abomination?bonus=6935) could be usefull for warrior tank 🙂

in hope of an answer,

have a nice day

Very satisfied with this trinkets' performance on Prot Warrior. Does about 10-12% of my healing in m+. Beauty is, that overheals form a shield instead. Can critically hit. Currently 194.

Also consider trying Hymnal of the Path if you can get your hands on it. Wowhead code 184840

On 3/7/2021 at 8:19 PM, Guest tPaste said:

Any update on the legendary changes for 9.0.5? How do they impact prot warrior?

Hello,
The guide should be updated with 9.0.5 information now including Legendaries. In general Reprisal will take the spot of Thunderlords for Mythic+ and Best Served Cold should also see play now as a more offensive option together with Reprisal.
You can read more about it on the Legendary page.