FORUMS
Damien

Wizard Energy Twister Build With LoD

Guest AnAngryOtter

What's a good alternative to the Swamp Land waders?  Loving the website, it's a great resource for noobs!

Uncommon Patron
On 2/19/2021 at 10:24 AM, Guest AnAngryOtter said:

What's a good alternative to the Swamp Land waders?  Loving the website, it's a great resource for noobs!

I'd also be interested in this. I don't want to build up a Necro just to get these.

Sadly there simply isn't a great alternative to the Swamp Land Waders. You can try adapting your playstyle to Hexing Pants of Mr. YanHexing Pants of Mr. Yan , for example, but I wouldn't bother with the inconvenience as this isn't an inherently moving-to-DPS build. I know it's not the answer you were hoping to hear but The Waders are just far, far superior.

Guest jktheklown

I switched weapon power from valthek to twisted  sword, now im stayin alive so much better, just takes a sec to power up

Guest jktheklown
On 7/26/2021 at 10:46 AM, Guest jktheklown said:

I switched weapon power from valthek to twisted  sword, now im stayin alive so much better, just takes a sec to power up

also switched bane of the stricken to taeguk, due to the fact i cost no teleport cioldown so i can keep it held down, also gave high resource reduction, im pushin gr132 and still goin, only thing im missing is squirts necklace, daen thing wont drop for me this season

10 hours ago, Guest Goat said:

Why put Ranslor's FollyRanslor's Folly in the cub instead of Ashnagarr's Blood BracerAshnagarr's Blood Bracer? Just curious since theoretically costs less over all blood shards to go for blood bracers at low level and cant roll ranslor's til 70

It's mostly to optimize your damage, since a Ranslor's in the Cube will yield its full damage bonus (as opposed to the chance to get anywhere between 225-300% on a roll of a worn item). That being said, both options are completely viable, simply use your weaker rolled item in the Cube.

About to try out this build for a Seasonal Conquest. Just happen to have a lot of pieces since there is some overlap with the Archon build I have been running. This is my first time playing Wizard, so I have been reading over pretty closely since I know next to nothing.

Just noticed on the Skills and Runes tab, section 3. Passives, last paragraph, first sentence mentions Illusionist " feeding additional CDR into your Slow TimeSlow Time and..." While technically accurate, the build doesn't use Slow Time. I am guessing it used to, but no longer does?

Also, on the Gear page, the Legs slot only mentions Blackthorne's Jousting Mail, but the Stat Priority section mentions trying to roll Arcane % for Swamp Land Waders.

Guest Tuk

Sadly this build will not work on Diablo 3 for Nintendo Switch because the Wave of Force and Energy Twister abilities are on the same button.

Guest Dark Nero

The DMO set has 12500% damage multiplier. LoD has 750% multiplier. So, the LoD power is only 6% of the damage provided by set. Can you please explain, how LoD versions compensates the rest of 94% lost damage?

Hey there - the Legacy of DreamsLegacy of Dreams gem, when fully leveled to 99, provides a 750% damage multiplier per ancient legendary item equipped, for a total of 9750% multiplier from all 13 item slots. And while this is a smaller multiplier than DMO's 12.5k, a LoD build is not locked down into using 6 gear slots for a specific set, and can use other multipliers to further increase both damage and survivability (such as Mantle of ChannelingMantle of Channeling , attack speed increases from Andariel's VisageAndariel's Visage and The Witching HourThe Witching Hour , etc.)