FORUMS
Damien

Wizard Frozen Orb Build With LoD

On 11/22/2020 at 5:11 AM, Guest Kat said:

Unity is displayed on both cube and on person

Indeed it does, apologies for the confusion - I have sent a small fix. The correct item, as the Gear page states, is Halo of Karini (so a jewelry combo of Unity, Halo of Karini and Convention of Elements, where you wear your two best rolls and cube the worse rolled ring).

Guest JCD

Thanks for the guide. Is there a speed farming variation of this build available e.g. with teleport?

Guest Khad

There's another LoD build out there that uses Arcane Orbit, it's pretty entertaining.  It seems to be a variant of this build, is that something which would be worth the time to write up?

Thanks =)

Guest Dabrboy

What would be recommend for this build for a non season character? Sense they don’t have the 4th cube slot is it worth it to keep a channeling skill?

On 12/6/2020 at 7:09 PM, Guest Khad said:

There's another LoD build out there that uses Arcane Orbit, it's pretty entertaining.  It seems to be a variant of this build, is that something which would be worth the time to write up?

I'll look into it! It's funny, since we've had a DMO Orbit variant forever, and this LoD is probably an offshoot of that.

18 hours ago, Guest Dabrboy said:

What would be recommend for this build for a non season character? Sense they don’t have the 4th cube slot is it worth it to keep a channeling skill?

Nope, in a NS build I'd definitely drop the channeling skill and use a reliable movement skill in the form of TeleportTeleport (either with WormholeWormhole or Safe PassageSafe Passage ).

Guest TwilightFades

Hello! I just started using this great build but I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how long the Deathwish buff lasts since it does not appear on my buff list. How long does the damage buff from deathwish last? 

Thanks for your time.

On 2/6/2021 at 1:04 AM, Guest TwilightFades said:

Hello! I just started using this great build but I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how long the Deathwish buff lasts since it does not appear on my buff list. How long does the damage buff from deathwish last? 

Thanks for your time.

The buff drops off almost immediately after you stop using your channeling spell, so you need to do an admittedly annoying playstyle of channeling for a brief second, then tossing out a Frozen Orb, repositioning if necessary, then channeling again. It's completely understandable if this is not an appealing option, and you can viably alternate to a more generic damage bonus like The Furnace.

Guest Andariel
On 4/4/2021 at 3:46 AM, TheRaidBoss said:

I've been trying to figure this out but I can't seem to understand it... why Tasker and Theo for a LoD FO?

exactly my thoughts, this doesn't make sense to me and it leads me to believe that other things are not correct either.

Hey - just letting you know it's a pasting error from the guide's LoD Hydra sister guide; the correct recommendation for the slot is, quite logically, FrostburnFrostburn and it will be up on the website shortly. I checked the rest of the recommendations and they are in order. Apologies for the confusion.

Guest Guesty

Zei's stone is mentioned in the rotation section of the guide but is not listed as a recommended gem is it used in the build? 

Guest Guesty

One page mentions the use of zei stone in the build but it is not in the list of leg. gems to be used in gems section. Which is correct?

Hey there - the gem list in the gear page is correct, this was an erroneous mention from an earlier version of the guide. I'll remove Zei's mention shortly.

On 4/22/2021 at 2:40 AM, Deadset said:

Hey there

Thoughts on a well-rolled Leoric's Crown versus Pride's Fall?

Leoric's will give you a static RCR increase that scales with the quality of the roll, with no drawbacks or limitations.

Pride's Fall encourages you to not get hit, which isn't always a possibility - and losing that 30% RCR can/will endanger your 50% Aquila DR, further complicating your situation.

PF comes with static Primary, Vitality, Crit, +2 - which means you'll always roll off at least Vitality and hope your +2 is at least one of Socket/Arcane Orb% so you can get the other.

LC comes with static Primary, Socket, +3 - which introduces a little more random, but at least there's not a mandatory unwanted stat.

Edited by Sableflame
removed faulty math - hate that stats are multiplicative rather than additive