Wizard Frozen Orb Build With LoD
Welcome to our build guide for LoD Frozen Orb Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for Patch 2.7.1 and Season 24.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The ancient item-driven counterpart to the Delsere's Magnum Opus playstyle, this is a modern take on the Diablo II classic fantasy of the spell-slinging sorcerer that takes advantage of the Legacy of Dreams versatility and a slew of synergystic legendaries to create a tough and adaptable caster spec. This steadily paced, long ranged build is meant for Greater Rift solo progression.
The basic skill setup of the LoD Frozen Orb Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Spectral Blade Barrier Blades Arcane Orb Frozen Orb 1 Teleport Wormhole 2 Black Hole Absolute Zero 3 Magic Weapon Deflection 4 Storm Armor Power of the Storm|
The required gear setup for the LoD Frozen Orb Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Pride's Fall
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
- Chest: Aquila Cuirass
- Bracers: Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer
- Gloves: Frostburn
- Belt: The Shame of Delsere
- Pants: Blackthorne's Jousting Mail
- Boots: Ice Climbers
- Amulet: Squirt's Necklace
- Ring 1: Halo of Karini
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon (S24): Wizardspike
- Offhand: Triumvirate
- Weapon (Off-Season): Unstable Scepter
- Legendary Gem 1: Legacy of Dreams
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
- 22 Jul. 2021 (this page): Added S24 Ethereal recommendation.
- 22 Jul. 2021 (skills page): Added S24 Ethereal recommendation.
- 22 Jul. 2021 (gear page): Added S24 Ethereal recommendation.
- 02 Apr. 2021 (gear page): Revised gear selection, added follower recommendation.
- 02 Apr. 2021 (this page): Revised skill and item selection and added follower recommendation.
- 02 Apr. 2021 (skills page): Skill and passive selection revised.
- 20 Nov. 2020 (this page): Guide added.
- 20 Nov. 2020 (skills page): Guide added.
- 20 Nov. 2020 (gear page): Guide added.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- Which Class to Play in Season 24?
- All Diablo 3 Season 24 Guides (Patch 2.7.1)
- Behind Ethereal Items in Season 24
- Patch 2.7.1 Now Live on All Platforms
- Diablo II: Technical Alpha Learnings
- Has the Final Diablo 4 Class Already Been Revealed?
- Diablo 3 Season 24 Preview and Start Date