FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Feral Druid 5.4

Hello ferals, i just noticed something while doing some dps on dummies after reading the tutorial, i think the "tip" about clipping Rake's dot is wrong in the tutorial and i haven't read anyone commenting it.

It says to refresh the rake if it has 3 seconds or less, after trying, i noticed that if i refresh at exactly 3 seconds left, the 3 seconds don't add to the next rake, and it just resets to 15 seconds, while 2 seconds do add to the next one, making a rake of 17 seconds. So the correct information would be '2 seconds or less', wouldn't it?

Sorry if i misunderstood, and for my english, it's my 3rd language, so it's not that good.

• Like 1

I cant wait till I know all this stuff. Ive been reading the forums for a week straight now.

My inet goes back on in 5 days. I have decided for my first toon I will make a druid as a farming

toon and level him through quests and at the same time lvl a prot warrior in dungs only so I get the hang

of it for end lvl. Just bought a naga and logi g13. Really excited about it. Thankyou for all your posts guys,

its all very interesting. Cant believe the depth in this game.

I think ferel druid will be my fav toon. Sounds like a cool spec to play, even if a lil difficult.

ty again guys.

I cant wait till I know all this stuff. Ive been reading the forums for a week straight now.

My inet goes back on in 5 days. I have decided for my first toon I will make a druid as a farming

toon and level him through quests and at the same time lvl a prot warrior in dungs only so I get the hang

of it for end lvl. Just bought a naga and logi g13. Really excited about it. Thankyou for all your posts guys,

its all very interesting. Cant believe the depth in this game.

I think ferel druid will be my fav toon. Sounds like a cool spec to play, even if a lil difficult.

ty again guys.

Ferals are easy enough to play early on, but I don't recommend at all for someone who's new to the game to level through dungeons. Read a general guide on the best way to level, given your faction, using quests so you can take it in at your own speed, learn how your class works and level your gathering skills. (Tauren is great for herbalism, Worgen or Troll for skinning - Worgen get a skinning bonus and Trolls get bonus damage to beasts). Also, Ferals being a combo point class, they don't really do that well in AoE situations in low level dungeons. Thrash, wait, Swipe, wait, Swipe, wait some more. It's better for them to be facing single targets alone.

^^^I was thinking if I lvl my druid first with quests, and mining and herbalism. then I could lvl my prot war in dungs once I get a bit more of an idea how to play. My prot war will do BS and JC and my lvled druid can farm for him.

The reason I wanna lvl my war in dungs is so i get some good exp in holding agro.

does this sound ok Tarazet?

Edited by Ushnor

^^^I was thinking if I lvl my druid first with quests, and mining and herbalism. then I could lvl my prot war in dungs once I get a bit more of an idea how to play. My prot war will do BS and JC and my lvled druid can farm for him.

The reason I wanna lvl my war in dungs is so i get some good exp in holding agro.

does this sound ok Tarazet?

The early dungeons are kind of a joke until you get to around level 60. By then most classes are fully functional, and the dungeons aren't labyrinths where it's easy to miss 4-5 bosses if you don't know the right path.

Guest Botanix

Hi,

tnx for guide but your calculation about Rune of Origination trinket is wrong :

As per example, if I have 8000 Mastry + 4000 crit + 4000 haste, in a moment when trinket proc would have 8000 +16000 = 24000

Let's say I have same sum :

12000 mastery + 2000 crit + 2000 haste, when trinket proc would have 12000 + 16000 = 28000

As bigger difference is betwen stats, would loss less because another two stats disappear temorary.

Guest Razorclaw

The section about the Rune is outdated but the advise to keep the difference between the stats as close as possible is right.

Why? Because the Rune has changed to "convert your lower two values of your Critical Strike, Haste, and Mastery into twice as much of the highest of those three attributes", as you can see in it's tooltip.

That means if you have 8000 Mastery + 4000 Crit + 4000 Haste it will convert your Crit and Haste into 16000 Mastery (2x 4000 + 2x 4000).

But if you have 6002 Mastery + 5999 Crit + 5999 Haste it will convert them into 23996 Mastery. Posted Image

Guest Uston

Why is there no mention of using Thrash in the single target rotation? At least in the advanced section?

Why is there no mention of using Thrash in the single target rotation? At least in the advanced section?

I checked the Feral guide on Method's site (since I believe it's the same guy), and he also doesn't make any mention of using OOC procs on Thrash. But I'm sure that it should be in there since it benefits from our Mastery.

Guest Uston

I took a look at Fragnance's last WoL parse for Jin-Rokh. I assume this is still single target in heroic. He is using Thrash for about 4% of his dps (2 applications). Not huge, but seems worth listing in the guide for sure.

I took a look at Fragnance's last WoL parse for Jin-Rokh. I assume this is still single target in heroic. He is using Thrash for about 4% of his dps (2 applications). Not huge, but seems worth listing in the guide for sure.

I doubt Method is taking much longer on that boss now than it takes to get two OOC procs.

Guest Moses

When using the glyph "Glyph of Savage Roar" and I cast it using 0 combo points, the % increased damage buff is only 30% instead of 40%. Does anyone know if this is a visual bug, or is the damage actually not 40%? Thanks in advance for the answer to my question and keep up with the great guides Icy-Veins!

When using the glyph "Glyph of Savage Roar" and I cast it using 0 combo points, the % increased damage buff is only 30% instead of 40%. Does anyone know if this is a visual bug, or is the damage actually not 40%? Thanks in advance for the answer to my question and keep up with the great guides Icy-Veins!

It is a tooltip error and is actually 40%

Guest Whibla

Either the Description of inv_offhand_1h_ulduarraid_d_01.jpgRune of Re-Origination is wrong, or I simply cannot understand your advice regarding stat weighting while using it:

"Converts the lower two values into twice the highest value..."

Using the numbers in your example: Mastery (8k), Crit (4k), Haste (4k) -> Converts to 24k Mastery on proc.

Reassigning those figures (slightly unrealistically, as I'm not allowing for diminishing returns): Mastery (12k), Crit (2k), Haste (2k) -> Converts to 36k Mastery on proc.

Why oh why would you suggest you balance the values?

It is because you get 200% of your lower stats.  In the original example, 8k mastery + 200% of 4k crit (8k) + 200% of 4k haste (8k) = 24k Mastery on proc.

In your example, 12k mastery + 200% 2k crit (4k) + 200% 2k haste (4k) = 20k Mastery on proc.

I hope this helped clarify your confusion.

Edited by Paloro

Guest Rifraff

Just wondering why 90% of the ferals parsing on WoL right now are taking HotW/SotF over DoC/SotF? They are almost never using the HotW CD, so it seems to be simply for the 6% agility buff. I have not been able to really find any data behind the current HotW resurgence so I am hoping someone can shed some light on this for me since I am not a theorycrafter, so all of the coefficients and math go light years above my head.

Hotw + Intel staff + Intel potion and then Hurri-RAWR-cane!

Guest anon

Hi there!

I appreciate your effort to write this guide, but I guess, you mixed something up.

wow_icon_ability_druid_dreamstate.jpgDream of Cenarius provides the greatest single-target DPS increase out of all three talents, but it provides far less utility than the other two talents. It requires more active management to obtain this DPS benefit than the other talents do, and it loses value against multiple targets. This choice is ideal if you want to completely maximise your single-target DPS, but otherwise we do not advise it.

wow_icon_spell_holy_blessingofagility.jpHeart of the Wild provides you with a passive benefit that nearly rivals Dream of Cenarius as far as a DPS increase goes, but also has a lot of utility to offer. Below we list the most things you can do with Heart of the Wild.

The spells should be interchanged, don't they!? wink.png

Good night! Good fight! *meow*

Actually, DoC is better than the other talents for multi-target. This is because you can apply a 25% stronger Thrash, which scales with your Mastery and will likely be your biggest source of damage on fights with constant adds.

Guest Kohlenmonoxid

Hi,

got a question:

The stat priority for a Feral Druid is:

1. Agility;
  2. Mastery Rating;
  3. Hit Rating and Expertise Rating (until 7.5% each);
  4. Critical Strike Rating;
  5. Haste Rating.

Why is Steinhaldis Statpriority different?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Sargeras/Stenhaldi/advanced

Haste is his highest secondary stat. Does it deal more dps then mastery?

Or is it just because of his trinket: Haromm's Talisman?

So when to go for mastery and when to go for haste on feral?

Hi,

got a question:

The stat priority for a Feral Druid is:

1. Agility;
  2. Mastery Rating;
  3. Hit Rating and Expertise Rating (until 7.5% each);
  4. Critical Strike Rating;
  5. Haste Rating.

Why is Steinhaldis Statpriority different?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Sargeras/Stenhaldi/advanced

Haste is his highest secondary stat. Does it deal more dps then mastery?

Or is it just because of his trinket: Haromm's Talisman?

So when to go for mastery and when to go for haste on feral?

If you look closely you can see that mastery is in fact his main stat. His crit, haste and mastery are all very close together (10359 to 10366, so within 7 points). This is because he has the inv_offhand_1h_ulduarraid_d_01.jpgRune of Re-Origination trinket. whenever this trinket procs his haste and crit go down to 0, but his mastery goes up to over 51k. This makes his bleeds do a lot of damage. He then refreshes all his bleeds and removes the trinket buff so his stats go back to normal. This will increase the damage he does with bleeds significantly.

Guest Hakar

It's probably because I'm lazy, but for a macro you could add the one that casts healing touch, does cat form, virmen, prowl, and sr.  I personally use this, and when the pull timer hits 5 seconds it times out almost perfect smile.png

Guest Zinø

errmm...

Mangle > Shred in rotation...

really?

I'm asking myself the same question ...

errmm...

Mangle > Shred in rotation...

really?

Mangle vs Shred

20% extra damage kind of seems like a no-brainer to use Shred, however it costs 5 more energy.  So, it makes the decision quite a bit harder. In the past, it was a large damage loss to use Mangle>Shred, but that was also when our combo point builders were doing a substantial amount of our overall damage.  Anymore our bleeds are what dominates our damage.  So, how do we maximize our bleed damage? 

The best way is to fully take advantage of any kind of trinket proc that will increase the amount of damage dealt by Rip-Rake-Thrash.  In order to track bleed damage percentages, a custom script in weakauras was developed by a couple different ferals which can be found here.  Simply import this string into weakauras, then tweak where you want each percentage and size/color, then voila, you can now more effectively track how strong your current bleeds are.

How does this have anything to do with whether or not I use Mangle/Shred?

Well, it goes back to the cost of the energy for each ability.  The extra 5 energy you save from using Mangle>Shred really adds up over the course of a fight (usually around an extra 350 energy per fight).  That extra energy is spent generating more combo points through Mangle, which allows you to refresh your bleeds early if you have a trinket proc.  

The most optimal rotation is what is known as "Shrangle".  Shrangle refers to using a mixture of Shred and Mangle, and you should try to take advantage of this.  The rules to using Shrangle are as follows; only use Shred if one or more of the following:

Bloodlust is up

Berserk is up

Omen of Clarity is up

Sign in to follow this