FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

The Most Popular Team Compositions for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1

55796-many-mythic-22-dungeon-world-first

Shadowlands Season 1 has been going for more than 2 months, and we're exploring the most popular team compositions for Mythic+!

Benched.me is a site with many useful features when it comes to Mythic dungeons in Shadowlands. We use it when we cover the most popular DPS or tank/healing specializations for Mythic+ each week. The site has now been updated with a new handy function called Composition Explorer, which tells you the most popular team comps so far in Season 1. It even has a search function, allowing you to search for runs with your input.

The Most Popular Team Composition in Shadowlands Season 1

Here's a list of the most popular team comps for Season 1 so far. The most popular composition with well over 24.6K runs includes Vengeance Demon Hunter (Tank), Restoration Shaman (Healer), Marksmanship Hunter (DPS), Fire Mage (DPS), and Balance Druid (DPS).

In 2nd place, we have the same comp, but the Restoration Shaman healer is replaced with Restoration Druid. This comp has a total of 14.3K runs in Season 1.

In 3rd place, we've got the same comp as on 2nd place, but Balance Druid gets replaced with Outlaw Rogue. You can check out the table below for more information about the most popular comp, or visit Benched.me for even more data.

top20.JPG

You can support the author of Benched.me on Patreon if you'd like.

Amazing. Other classes/specs can jump from balcony or stay in the corner.... Thanks blizz for really great balance of classes

Edited by GlaiveeDH

Had fun on a +10 SD with the following composition: Vengeance DH, Holy Paladin, 2 Beast Mastery Hunters, and 1 Frost Mage and we ended up +2 the key with only 3 deaths.

Huh, the most popular comp is also the meta comp... Who would have guessed, right? 😛 Maybe it's because I've seen SOOOOOOOOO many people re-roll their class based on the meta. By far more boomkins than any other expansion I've seen. There was always a lot of hunters and mages, so those two aren't too surprising.

Mix in some monks and rogues for their skip abilities, the whole list makes sense just off optimization.

1 hour ago, Ragingwolf said:

Had fun on a +10 SD with the following composition: Vengeance DH, Holy Paladin, 2 Beast Mastery Hunters, and 1 Frost Mage and we ended up +2 the key with only 3 deaths.

well yeah, cause +10 is easy lol...

5 minutes ago, Shillien said:

well yeah, cause +10 is easy lol...

I wouldn't say 10+ is "easy" and laugh it off. It still takes a brain and with a bad wipe or two you can lose a key, which can happen from one bad player depending on which dungeon. 10-15 is like doing a Heroic Castle, it's not hard and possible to pug but does take focus, so I wouldn't call it "easy". These stats are for all keys and show their "max" as all above 20 with the average being in the teens. You're not bringing a weird stack of DPS to a mythic raid, just like you wouldn't bring a super weird stack to top key mythic dungeons.

• Like 1

Wish tanking wasn't really "kiting".    Getting to be a thing even in 15 or so, you have to kite because no healer can keep you up especially with bad affixes.

2 hours ago, Laragon said:

I wouldn't say 10+ is "easy" and laugh it off. It still takes a brain and with a bad wipe or two you can lose a key, which can happen from one bad player depending on which dungeon. 10-15 is like doing a Heroic Castle, it's not hard and possible to pug but does take focus, so I wouldn't call it "easy". These stats are for all keys and show their "max" as all above 20 with the average being in the teens. You're not bringing a weird stack of DPS to a mythic raid, just like you wouldn't bring a super weird stack to top key mythic dungeons.

Yes 10 is easy, and cant be compared to 15... i did lvl 9s 2nd day of maxing my dh (as tank) with 192 ilvl and it was walktrough...

30 minutes ago, Shillien said:

Yes 10 is easy, and cant be compared to 15... i did lvl 9s 2nd day of maxing my dh (as tank) with 192 ilvl and it was walktrough...

For some yes a +10 is a cakewalk but for others it's a hassle when players still struggle to do their rotation and do the mechanics accordingly even if they done the dungeon more than 'x' amount of times but still struggle against the weekly affixes.

And then there are people that really don't do much Raiding/Keystones that can barely do a +2 with 1 affix.

What maybe easy for you others have a hard time struggling and a different learning curve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shillien said:

The fact that you had 192 ilvl on your second day means you either had NO life to grind that or had some amount of assistance being fed gear.

It's also a 9 as a tank (which is in super high demand, especially as DH which is the top meta) and likely got carried by the rest of the group just by knowing mechanics. Tank ilvl is the lowest requirement of the gear checks in the group

Blizzard said "We want to shift away from Big Aoe pulls in M+ so we are limiting the targets SOME classes can hit". I guess the playerbase has responded with "We don't really care."

Edited by Manbearpig
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Laragon said:

The fact that you had 192 ilvl on your second day means you either had NO life to grind that or had some amount of assistance being fed gear.

It's also a 9 as a tank (which is in super high demand, especially as DH which is the top meta) and likely got carried by the rest of the group just by knowing mechanics. Tank ilvl is the lowest requirement of the gear checks in the group

"no life" because of 2 day grind? ur playing wrong game buddy, and no i was not fed the gear, my friends did 2 m0s with me thats all the rest was me. and yes, tank is easyest role to play (at least for me) since all u need to know is ur class and routes. dont know what are you trying to say with carried just by knowing mechanics, its just a stupid point, i kept agro, didnt die and knew mechanics, thats literally all tank needs to do. so my point still stands, 10s are easy and are not comparable not even by far with 15 or higher.

14 hours ago, Migol said:

Wish tanking wasn't really "kiting".    Getting to be a thing even in 15 or so, you have to kite because no healer can keep you up especially with bad affixes.

I see in MDI they just pull 6-7 packs. How can tanks hold that damage?

3 hours ago, Shillien said:

"no life" because of 2 day grind? ur playing wrong game buddy, and no i was not fed the gear, my friends did 2 m0s with me thats all the rest was me.

A) It was all you because you're a tank and there's a massive shortage of them for all mythic+ keys
B) Shows the level of empathy you have for any other person, or player in the game, when you assume the ceiling of "playing the wrong game buddy". I have no problem clearing +15s, but I know that's far from the average player. Shadowlands Keystone Master is only held by 2% of the games population right now. Conqueror is just for 6%. Stop lying to yourself that your experience is anywhere near the standard player and anyone less than yours is trash that needs to quit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laragon said:

Shadowlands Keystone Master is only held by 2% of the games population right now. 

Dude for real? Even tho with the big nerfs that happened??? Not gonna lie, I'm pretty new to wow endgame, in fact, SL is my first real grind (last thing I did as a wow player was tanking uldir HC as a veng DH).
I'm playing a DH havoc as a main (not even an "S tier" class), it's my first time ever "playing for real" and it wasn't THAT complicated (I still have to learn some things tho). I'll even link my IO profile so you can check that I'm not lying and even a big effing casual like me can accomplish that, no sweat :

https://raider.io/characters/eu/archimonde/Edgyboii

You can see all of my "big keys" are done as a dps, I do tank from time to time, but that's just to help friends doing 10+ or 13+ something like that (and I didn't even grind pvp, and I have no tank leggo and still eat the +10s like our other friend said. you can feel free to check my gear if you don't believe me lol).

Come on, 2% seems a bit shady to me, can I have a link to verify what you're saying sir? Replying cause I can't seem to find the info (and I see everyone with the mount nowadays tbh).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cringelord said:

Come on, 2% seems a bit shady to me, can I have a link to verify what you're saying sir? Replying cause I can't seem to find the info (and I see everyone with the mount nowadays tbh).

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14532/shadowlands-keystone-master-season-one

Closest to an achievement tracker that exists that scrubs the armory for the data.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 4:06 PM, Laragon said:

A) It was all you because you're a tank and there's a massive shortage of them for all mythic+ keys
B) Shows the level of empathy you have for any other person, or player in the game, when you assume the ceiling of "playing the wrong game buddy". I have no problem clearing +15s, but I know that's far from the average player. Shadowlands Keystone Master is only held by 2% of the games population right now. Conqueror is just for 6%. Stop lying to yourself that your experience is anywhere near the standard player and anyone less than yours is trash that needs to quit.

thats *filtered* is all u, all i said is 10s are easy and 2 days grind is not nolife grind, the rest of the *filtered* u said not me, and yes, if i can do 10ths with less than 1 week old char everyone that wants to do it can do it.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:50 PM, Ragingwolf said:

you should not have any death in a key 10 unless you have under 380 ilv

On 8/16/2023 at 12:21 PM, cathbadwowdk said:

you should not have any death in a key 10 unless you have under 380 ilv

We don't do this for MDI status we do this as a collective of friends that just want to hang out and do content together.  Being technical for any and little mistake defeats the purpose.