Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 1 Guide
On this page, you will find everything related to Mythic Season 1 in Shadowlands, including affix changes, new affixes, and rewards.
Shadowlands Mythic Season 2
Mythic Season 1 has concluded with the beginning of Patch 9.1. You will find more information about the ongoing Season 2 on a separate page.
Mythic Keystone and Dungeon Changes in Patch 9.0.5
Blizzard also changed the formula for determining the level of the first Mythic Keystone players receive each week.
Welcome to our guide to Shadowlands Mythic Season One that begins December 8. Here, you will find changes pertaining to the loot from End-of-Run chests in Mythic+ and existing Keystone Affixes. We also list the new affixes introduced in Shadowlands and explain what they do. In the end, you will find rewards that you can claim in Season 1.
The End-of-Run chests in Mythic+ will only reward a single piece of gear at the end of each run in Shadowlands.
Mythic Dungeon Rewards
During the first week of Mythic Keystone dungeons, there is a cap of end-of-run loot. That loot will stop increasing at Mythic Keystone +10 for this week, which is Item Level 203. Great Vault will be uncapped the following week, and loot from the Great Vault (on December 15) will reflect successful completions achieved during the week of December 8.
The End-of-Run rewards are capped below Heroic difficulty Castle Nathria loot at Item Level 210. The weekly chest loot is capped at Item Level 226 and it is enough to complete a Mythic +14 run to claim Item Level 226 loot the following week.
|Difficulty Level||End-of-Run Item Level||Weekly Reward Item Level|
The Great Vault
The Shadowlands Weekly Chest requires you to clear a certain number of Mythic dungeons per week to receive items in the Dungeons category. You can find more details about the Great Vault and the requirements in our separate guide.
You can check out our Mythic+ dungeon difficulty rankings, as well as the recommended MDT routes for this week in the guides linked below.
This section focuses on Affix changes and the Seasonal Affix, Prideful. For a detailed guide on Mythic+ Affixes and what they do, please refer to our Mythic+ Affix Guide.
Removed Keystone Affixes
Teeming and Skittish are taking a break for Shadowlands Season 1, but they may return in the future.
Keystone Affix Changes
Bursting, Volcanic, Sanguine, Grievous, and Explosive have received changes in Shadowlands.
- Bursting is now a Magic effect that can be dispelled. Damage is now a flat amount that scales with keystone level, rather than a percentage of players' maximum health.
- Volcanic damage is now a flat amount that scales with keystone level, rather than a percentage of players' maximum health. Additionally, players hit are now knocked high into the air.
- Sanguine: Duration reduced to 20 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- Grievous: Damage is now a flat amount that scales with keystone level, rather than a percentage of players' maximum health. Non-periodic heals remove 1 application of Grievous Wound.
- Explosive: Now appear slightly farther away from enemies that summon them.
New Keystone Affixes
In this section, you will find all the new affixes that are coming in Shadowlands. Note that some of the information may be incomplete because they have not been properly tested on the Beta yet.
Prideful Keystone Affix
- Players overflow with pride as they defeat non-boss enemies, eventually forming a Manifestation of Pride. Defeating this Manifestation greatly empowers players.
The general philosophy is to make this affix easy because players will still be learning the new dungeons at the beginning of the expansion.
Prideful is literally single-target Reaping. Every 20% on the progress bar, a Manifestation of Pride will spawn that you must defeat to gain Prideful that increases Mana Regeneration by 5% per second, damage dealt by 30%, and Movement Speed by 60% for 60 seconds.
The Manifestation of Pride uses two abilities.
- Bursting With Pride — Overflowing pride inflicts 1 Shadow damage to players within 60 yards every 2 seconds. Damage is increased by 40% with each cast. Upon defeat, all players become Prideful for 60 seconds.
- Belligerent Boast — The manifestation incites players about their accomplishments. After 4 seconds, they boast in multiple directions, inflicting Shadow damage to other players and stunning them for 2 seconds.
The first one is a stacking debuff that inflicts damage to players every 2 seconds and ramps up the longer the manifestation stays alive. It gives the group Prideful when the manifestation is defeated.
The second ability inflicts damage in an X-shape around a random player after 4 seconds, and must be dodged by the rest of the group because it stuns them for 2 seconds.
Inspiring (Level 4 Keystone Affix)
Some non-boss enemies have an inspiring presence that strengthens their allies.
The affix works just like tide emissaries from Beguiling.
Spiteful (Level 4 Keystone Affix)
Fiends rise from the corpses of non-boss enemies and pursue random players.
The affix spawns Spiteful Shades that inflict heavy melee damage.
Storming (Level 7 Keystone Affix)
While in combat, enemies periodically summon damaging whirlwinds.
Storming summons whirlwinds that inflict damage and knock back players, preventing all action.
Weapon Swapping in Mythic Dungeons
Gear swapping in Mythic Dungeons is limited to weapons in Shadowlands.
Covenant Bonuses in Mythic Dungeons
Depending on the Mythic dungeon, each Covenant in Shadowlands can provide specific buffs and bonuses to the party, and making use of these is essential for progressing. You can find out all about that on our dedicated page.
Mythic Season 1 Achievements and Rewards
Shadowlands Keystone Conqueror: Season One requires you to complete all Shadowlands Season 1 dungeons at Mythic 10 Level or higher, within the time limit, and rewards The Proud title.
You must complete all Shadowlands Season 1 dungeons at Mythic Level 15 or higher within the time limit to earn Shadowlands Keystone Master: Season One and receive the Sintouched Deathwalker mount.
- 09 Jul. 2021: Added a note about Season 1 ending.
- 10 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 release.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Weekly cap explanations added.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Updated for launch on live servers.
- 02 Nov. 2020: Season start updated.
- 16 Sep. 2020: Updated with new end-of-dungeon and weekly chest rewards.
- 29 Aug. 2020: Added note about the removal of Skittish and Teeming.
- 28 Aug. 2020: Added Season start.
- 23 Aug. 2020: Added links to the Great Vault.
- 22 Aug. 2020: Updated for the latest blog post by Blizzard, added Prideful details.
- 15 Aug. 2020: Guide added.
- One THOUSAND+ Pull Dramatic Tindral Mythic Kill by Skyline
- Wowdle: World of Warcraft Wordle-Style Game
- Illidari Doomhawk Available for Purchase with Timewarped Badges
- Tabard of Fury Available to Amazon Prime Subscribers This Month
- Patch 10.2 Week 4 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 3
- Item Level of Timewalking Rewards in Dragonflight Season 3
- Second Catalyst Charge Available This Week on Live Servers
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 27th