FORUMS
Damien

Wizard Firebird Flame Blades

On 5/14/2021 at 6:23 AM, Deadset said:

You are on the right track...

OK, so I tried THIS version of the build... but what do we do to force our MIs to actually USE Spectral Blades?

Whenever I cast them then teleport away to channel D-beam, my MIs just come running back over to and behind me and cast ranged spells... they rarely, if ever, will use SB.

11 hours ago, Guest Pirate099 said:

Why are there no ethereal updates for season 24? 

There most certainly are! 🙂 For this build in particular, it is recommended that you use the Ethereal weapon Wizardspike, with the weapon power of Fragment of Destiny and ideally a synergistic passive like Conflagration.

This is a great guide! I may suggest changing up the cube a bit... Wand of Woh synergizes incredibly well with the orb of infinite darkness, making sure you always have 4 stacks and big damage. Also, using Hergbrash's binding in the armor slot allows constant channeling of disintegrate, with almost no hit to survivability. Aguila is nice if you need it, but likely overkill for DR 🙂

Edited by Ixxtabb

Hey there! The Wand of Woh is an interesting item to consider, but has some considerable drawbacks in this setup: chiefly, the additional explosion procs do not trigger Firebird damage, only the initial cast, making it way less attractive. An Explosive Blast-centric build variation however is indeed possible, and I will make sure to put it up on the website very soon.

Herbgrash is a convenient item for continued channeling, but without at least some DR it can get sketchy in high Greater Rifts - in a EB-centric variant of this build, I'd probably run Mantle of Channeling in the Armor slot instead! 😄 

Uncommon Patron

FYI there's an error in the current (10 Jan 2022) version of this guide: the skill setup shows Frost Nova but the text says Magic Weapon / Deflection should be what goes in that slot.

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2022 at 10:01 PM, rlpowell said:

FYI there's an error in the current (10 Jan 2022) version of this guide: the skill setup shows Frost Nova but the text says Magic Weapon / Deflection should be what goes in that slot.

Frost nova, Because of the new soul shard Remnant of Pain. This Soul Shard delivers guaranteed crits when you apply hard crowd control effects on enemies.

Edited by Issildor

Guest Rolly

First of all thanks for all the guides on this website. I really do profit greatly from them.

For the Phoenix set I want to mention one thing, esp. regarding the combination of the set with Magic Missile - Conflagrate. The set hinges on the Ignition ability, otherwise in higher rifts the magic missiles do next to no damage. Unfortunately, when using Conflagrate, the target gets tagged with a flame that almost (but not quite) looks like the ignition tag. You have to take care to really ignite all advancing opponents, otherwise you plaster an approaching Demon with magic missiles, wondering why he does not fall down and get a wack over the head before realizing your mistake. This is eepecially problematic with the Magic Missile sanctification, where you flame 10 opponents with a MM burst and are suddenly not able to identify if all of them are ignited properly.