FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Affliction Tips & Quirks

The tooltip for MG and DS wouldn't adjust with the buff up, because the tooltips are already wrong.  You just get a buff that says 'MG and DS do 15% more blah blah'...but yeah, that's essentially what the buff does.

I don't have 2p myself to check this...It's really a flat addition like that?

What is hard cap for GCDs, 1.08?

(trying to get most accurate #'s for the spreadsheet and this is the only forum I can access at work)

Just need to get a relative value for the dot damage vs Fel Flame and I think I can wrap this up, at least the rough draft anwyay. Gotta find the spellpower scaling of them to do it. Good resource for this?

i've been lead to believe from other sites and such that BBoY and KKT are better to go with initially than PBI. PBI is only BiS, once you get into more Heroic BiS gear, for the stat bloat. Thoughts?

i've been lead to believe from other sites and such that BBoY and KKT are better to go with initially than PBI. PBI is only BiS, once you get into more Heroic BiS gear, for the stat bloat. Thoughts?

Its proc lines up almost perfectly with Dark Soul every time. It's absolutely amazing. Get PBI ASAP IMO.

BBoY requires efficient use to be solid.  If you don't snapshot DoTs or use Chaos Bolt with high stacks, BBoY loses its luster.  PBI plays the game for you...you never worry about anything knowing it'll line up with Dark Soul and does everything passively.  KTT is fine as well.  When it comes down to it, the choice between the trinkets is personal and by fight/strategy...no one is going to swap a trinket and do 30k more DPS unless you're dropping a T14 trinket for a SoO trinket.

At this point, everyone is talking about which trinkets are best as if there is a final answer.  There isn't.  And it's not like everyone already has all 4 trinkets and is trying to make a decision...if they're good enough to have all 4 trinkets, they should know what they're doing.  Don't use Cleave trinket on single target fights.  The other 3 are free to use as you see fit.

Need advice.. I'm currently using 530 botH, 510 Wushoolay. If i were to get a PBI, either of the version, (flexi, lfr , norm) which should i replace? I do alot snap shot dots and try to push out a chaos bolt when i got high stacks of Electrified. 

I'd try to get a better version of Wush, if I were you.  Raid has been nerfed 20% and there are CONSTANTLY runs on Openraid where you can get in and snag a better trinket.  Heroic is largely a joke now, so go get yourself a 543 Wush and keep that until you get BBoY.  If you're playing Destruction, keep BoTH.  If Affliction, the 510 Wush will serve better than the 530 BoTH, but like I said, if you're not getting drops, a 543 Wush is a very solid pickup.

really wanted to continue with demo which is what amuses me in the game but I will move to aff

problem is that I have no luck with trinkets, I am now with Breath of the Hydra LFR, Unerring Vision of Lei Shen normal, Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance LFR and Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault, intend to keep the breath but do not know which can be best in another slot

Funny that the first LFR I did with my druid alt got the Purified Bindings of Immerseus, and soon after a piece tier of celestials...

I'd try to get a better version of Wush, if I were you.  Raid has been nerfed 20% and there are CONSTANTLY runs on Openraid where you can get in and snag a better trinket.  Heroic is largely a joke now, so go get yourself a 543 Wush and keep that until you get BBoY.  If you're playing Destruction, keep BoTH.  If Affliction, the 510 Wush will serve better than the 530 BoTH, but like I said, if you're not getting drops, a 543 Wush is a very solid pickup.

Keep getting rejected in openraid with my  3/13 hm experience lol .. Thx for the advice.

current setup: normal KTT + heroic wush

if i get a heroic PBI, which do i replace? i am really in love with the wush since it seems to proc a LOT and i'm very good about always snapshotting at 10 stacks

Edited by mediocregatsby

Drop KTT.  Stacking trinkets > static trinkets for snapshotting DoTs.  BBoY + Bindings will be BiS for Affliction, Balance, and Shadow Priests.  If able to capture BBoY, it may be best for Destruction as well.

Is the current thought to keep mastery +/- 1k of haste? Is it to get to the breakpoint then stack the hell out of mastery (what I'm currently doing) Should I aim for 13,737 then go back to stacking mastery?

If it matters any, my OS is destro.

13,737 is waaaaay too much haste for a Destruction OS.  I'd hover between 9-10k haste and pump the rest in mastery.

13,737 is waaaaay too much haste for a Destruction OS.  I'd hover between 9-10k haste and pump the rest in mastery.

What if I just went straight Affliction and ignored destro?

Then you could make it work.  If you're a troll though I'd still go higher mastery because you get free haste.

What if I just went straight Affliction and ignored destro?

And do really bad DPS compared to Destruction on some fights.  NEVER pidgeon hole yourself into one spec unless you raid 25 man and never have to switch and don't care about optimizing DPS.

And do really bad DPS compared to Destruction on some fights.  NEVER pidgeon hole yourself into one spec unless you raid 25 man and never have to switch and don't care about optimizing DPS.

Bad example. Of course I plan on using destro when needed. That being said what is better.

9.8kish haste + ton of mastery or

13kish haste + less mastery?

While I don't mind respecing/gemming I don't want to do it for every fight.

Bad example. Of course I plan on using destro when needed. That being said what is better.

9.8kish haste + ton of mastery or

13kish haste + less mastery?

While I don't mind respecing/gemming I don't want to do it for every fight.

Between the two, 9778 by a longshot, but it's still a poor question (especially with LMG over Burning Primal). That much haste, as unfortunate as it may be now, amounts to poor stat distribution as Destro. Wasted is too strong a word, as in most non-ST situations Haste does gain some value relative to crit, but it certainly doesn't approach optimal. 

I have a question regarding SS and affdots.

I have strong procs and cast dots, after proc is over affdots is showing that my current power is around 30% of the ones that are currently rolling. However when I SS the dots to the other target, as soon as they show up on new target they are always 100% of my current power.

My understanding was that SS retains power from the target it was used. But affdots always show that my transfered dots are applied with current power. Is it affdots bug?

Also I am currently away from home so cant really sim it. But I have 3 trinkets: HC Wush, WF BBoY and LFR Bindings. I am pretty sure that Wush + BBoY gonna be best for affli, but for destro offspec should I bother keeping Bindings or just sell it?

Regards

Khalam

Soul Swap is not bugged, Affdots is.  Affdots gets confused when you pick up DoTs and slap them on a new target.  This is why you should NEVER DPS a secondary target and always use MG and Haunt on your primary target because that is the true value Affdots shows. 

Don't see Bindings.  For Aff and Destro, I'd keep your 567 BBoY and 543 Wush.  When you snag normal or better bindings, replace Wush.