FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Affliction Tips & Quirks

Couple of questions:

1) I don't have BBoY, but I have a Whus (HTF). I have some problems using it, so I use my BoH (yes I am a noob).

Well, my problem with the staking trinket is when I should recast my dots?

Let's say, I see when it start staking:

- May I cast dots right now, then recast soon after with 6+ staks to get full Pandemic duration (independent of current dots power)?

- Wait for 6+ staks and start reapplyng?

- Never use SB+SS to recast?

Any tips?

2) Let's say, I have a proc of BoH, aplly my dots and the buff fades. I'm with a good buffed dots on mob with full durations.

Then the meta procs. When is valid to lose a buffed dot to get a faster dot?

Or the other way: if I get full hasted dots, wich proc must happen to be good to replace?

Thanks.

Not completely sure I get what you're asking.  There is no guaranteed 'time' to reapply DoTs.  It has to be reactive to what is happening, and procs don't happen the same way every time.  I think you need to grab the addon Affdots.  It sounds like you have some confusion with the power of your current DoTs with respect to previous DoTs, and this addon does all the heavy lifting for you. 

Couple of questions:

1) I don't have BBoY, but I have a Whus (HTF). I have some problems using it, so I use my BoH (yes I am a noob).

Well, my problem with the staking trinket is when I should recast my dots?

Let's say, I see when it start staking:

- May I cast dots right now, then recast soon after with 6+ staks to get full Pandemic duration (independent of current dots power)?

- Wait for 6+ staks and start reapplyng?

- Never use SB+SS to recast?

Any tips?

2) Let's say, I have a proc of BoH, aplly my dots and the buff fades. I'm with a good buffed dots on mob with full durations.

Then the meta procs. When is valid to lose a buffed dot to get a faster dot?

Or the other way: if I get full hasted dots, wich proc must happen to be good to replace?

Thanks.

Are you using the Affdots addon?  You don't need to think about which is better, haste or spell power, when reapplying as the addon tells you the numerical value.

As far as stacking trinkets goes, it depends what kind of duration you have left on your DoT's and how powerful they are when the trinket first procs.  The main thing is that you want to have full duration DoT's applied towards the end of the proc.  When it first procs and your durations are low you should reapply your DoT's, then reapply *again* at 6+ stacks to ensure they are powerful and capped on duration.  I would reapply DoT's in the following order when a stacking trinket procs:  Corruption > UA > Agony

You can us SB:SS if you're swimming in Shards.

I have two questions:

1)  The latest info you've given is this:

I don't advise it.  I say 9778 and then full Mastery.

Yet the guide says to go for the extra corruption tick if you have the Amplification trinket (which I do).  Which is the most correct?  I'm currently sitting at the higher haste cap and 85% mastery (unbuffed)

2)  It doesn't mention in the guide if stacking Dark Soul:  Misery with Bloodlust is good or bad.  I have been stacking it, since the haste effects seem to stack together.  I'm not delaying it unnecessarily to do so, but on fights like IJ or Siegecrafter where we lust on the pull, I'm stacking it for that.  Is there any reason not to?

Thanks for your time, and thanks for the excellent guide!

I have two questions:

Yet the guide says to go for the extra corruption tick if you have the Amplification trinket (which I do).  Which is the most correct?  I'm currently sitting at the higher haste cap and 85% mastery (unbuffed)

2)  It doesn't mention in the guide if stacking Dark Soul:  Misery with Bloodlust is good or bad.  I have been stacking it, since the haste effects seem to stack together.  I'm not delaying it unnecessarily to do so, but on fights like IJ or Siegecrafter where we lust on the pull, I'm stacking it for that.  Is there any reason not to?

Thanks for your time, and thanks for the excellent guide!

Where on the guide does it say to go for an extra Corruption tick with the Amplification trinket?  You're not going specifically to that value for Corruption.  You're going because 13.1k provides an Agony tick and the extra 600 to get the extra tick of Corruption isn't too troublesome.  It's your choice to go to the higher Haste plateau.  I don't like it, so I don't do it.  You can if you like it.  The DPS difference will be very small.

There's never a reason not to stack Haste effects.  They are multplicative, not additive, so their effects magnify each other.

I have two questions:

Go for the extra tick if you don't have to reforge a ton of other stats to do so.

2.) They do more than just stack together, they are multiplicative and using both together actually gives additional ticks than they would separate. Not to mention using them at the start with int procs make it even better.

Use DS whenever possible/optimal with int procs. If you choose not to use it during heroism (a 40 second buff) then you are not utilizing 40 seconds of the fight having DS on cooldown. You could potentially lose one of your Dark Soul cooldowns.

Where on the guide does it say to go for an extra Corruption tick with the Amplification trinket? 

Therefore, your recommended Haste threshold is 13,737 Rating.  This rating is affected by the Amplification buff provided by the inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_07.jpg Purified Bindings of Immerseus.  The Haste threshold you should pursue will be dependent on the version of this trinket you have.  See below for these values:

6% Amplification: 12,960 Rating

7% Amplification: 12,839 Rating

8% Amplification: 12,720 Rating

9% Amplification: 12,603 Rating

That's where it says to go for the higher haste plateau with the trinket.

I understand where it says to go for a value, but when it's phrased like 'the next Corruption tick,' it makes it sound bad.  The ONLY reason we go for 600 more rating for the Corruption tick is because 600 rating is a small amount and it's worthwhile to go for the 13.1k threshold for the Agony tick. 

The wording confused me, but the principle remains. 

My apologies on the wording of my question.  Basically, the guide says that we should aim for the 13,737 haste breakpoint (The Amp trinket just makes that easier to achieve).  However, later on in the thread, you have said to hit 9778 haste and then go full mastery.  I was confused as to which of these was the most correct course of action.

"Correct" is another bad word to use.  Both are perfectly fine, it's up to the player to decide which he prefers.  Players love a number to shoot for, so I gave them one.  There's really no reason to go after either one...the DPS difference is negligible.

That's where it says to go for the higher haste plateau with the trinket.

You realize the amplification trinkets aren't just flat percentages, they have decimals.

You realize the amplification trinkets aren't just flat percentages, they have decimals.

That's listed in the guide, it's just being quoted from an abbreviated section.  I should fix it to avoid confusion.

Quick question, what do you guys do when PBI doesn't proc immediately on pull?

Was doing H. Protectors progression last night and a couple pulls PBI just did not want to proc for like 10s. Of course KTT and Metagem seemed to almost always proc immediately because of RPPM.

Do you generally SB: SS the second time even if PBI isn't immediately up then try to SB: SS a third time before Meta/KTT expire?

Edited by Strife

You can't bank on the PBI proc'ing at the start I've found.  I would just do everything normally, but for the rest of the fight I wouldn't pop DS until after PBI goes off.

With Bloodlust and Tempus Repit and DoTs ticking, I can't POSSIBLY imagine PBI not proccing within 5-6 seconds.  The amount of DoT ticks and spell hits you'd have would almost guarantee a proc.  It's just important to get as many spell hits up as possible. 

With Bloodlust and Tempus Repit and DoTs ticking, I can't POSSIBLY imagine PBI not proccing within 5-6 seconds.  The amount of DoT ticks and spell hits you'd have would almost guarantee a proc.  It's just important to get as many spell hits up as possible. 

fuck you and your troll racial you haste whore son of a bitch

• Like 1

Was watching video of it since I record all our fights, on our last attempt it took 8 seconds for my PBI to pop with DS: M, Berserking, Lust. It could be my fault it took so long though because after the initial SB: SS, Curse, Doomguard, pop cooldowns I was using MG waiting for that PBI to proc before the second SB: SS. It sounds like at that point I should SB: SS again with cooldowns + meta + KTT even if PBI hasn't procced?

We had 16 attempts and I recall a couple other times where I had really late PBI procs as well but was MGing waiting for it to hopefully proc which really hurts my opener on those attempts since I'm delaying Soulswaping/haunting also. I vividly remember KTT falling off before PBI procced on one of them.

The other 13 attempts were perfect, it's just those RNG ones.

Edited by Strife

fuck you and your troll racial you haste whore son of a bitch

Really looking forward to them tuning racials. If for nothing else, to see what we get instead of the 1% expertise. Not expecting berserking good out of it though.

super late PBI procs just happen even with a super hasted opener. really annoying but it happens.

btw i assume "MF" you meant "MG" for malefic grasp?

Yea whoops, edited it :x

They've already said they don't think fixing racials is worth the time.

Pretty sure they said they're tweaking them.

They've already said they don't think fixing racials is worth the time.

I think I read somewhere that they said at Blizzcon they were going to tweak/rework/balance them so Horde had great active racials, and Alliance had great passive racials. They obviously have to change some of them since they are doing away with hit/expertise.