Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Affliction Tips & Quirks

For trinkets I currently have

Wush (530)

Hydra (530)

ULVS (530)

Ask Mr Robot is saying ULVS + Wush.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but is there any reason why to take this? Shouldn't I be using Hydra+Wush until a 5.4 drops?

The combinations of all 3 of those are pretty subject to RNG.  There's no real right or wrong choice here.  You just have to adapt to the playstyle subject to the trinket combo taken. 

Breath + Wush - refresh DoTs every chance you get a proc, absolutely do it with both procs live.  Breath is worth about 5.5 stacks of Wush, so if your Breath proc is about to wear off when Wush hits 6 or above, snapshot that.  Otherwise, snapshot the 10 stack of Wush.

Breath + UVLS - makes it so you don't see a 10 stack of Wush then a UVLS proc and wonder which would be better to have up.  However, this is the lowest possible maximum DPS combo.

Wush + UVLS - highest potential, but rarest combination to have in optimal set up. 

• Like 1

Wish they changed Inhale to 6sec CD, would help a lot.

Help in some ways yes, but then it'd probably be best to chaingun inhale exhale any time you have even 2 targets up Since you can MG a bit in the middle before exhaling. Should do the math/sim already on what happens with that tactic with 3sec cd, might already be worth it.

To explain it more thoroughly, the gist of the trick is that the dots you inhale keep the duration they have at that moment even if you exhale them the 3 seconds later. Meaning that you can actually increase the duration of those dots by a bit each time you do the inhale-haunt/mg-exhale trick. As the end result you can about double your dots. I _hope_ it's not beneficial, but I have no math behind it (yet) so it's all just a hope. With longer duration of soulswap it'd most definitely become worth it and at least personally I'd hate it to be the optimal way to play.

I currently sit with 2-pc T15 bonus with HC shoulders and normal head at 546 ilvl. Should I drop the 2set and change my head with Hood of Swirling Senses? I know the head isn't the best we can get, but I got it off coin. It's a great stat upgrade but does it make up for the lost bonus? I'm currently not at home and can't test it out :/

Edited by papertigerx

Do soul swap'ed dots retain buffed spell damage coefficients?

If Affdots has led you to ask this, know that it is currently not working as intended with Soul Swap, and they are working to fix it. 

Does anyone else feel that our execute was possibly over nerfed? Disclaimer: I have not done math on this, this is just going off personal experience.

I've noticed, mostly from rares/elites on TI and my time in raiding last week, that I burn through enemies in the 100-20% phase.. then I switch to my execute and its like I hit SLO-MO on my dps. With how hard Haunt is hitting I find it almost better to DS to four shards and spam Haunt, then DS again. I understand why they nerfed it, but I think they may have gotten a little over zealous with it. Maybe it will be back up to par with SoO gear.

Does anyone else feel that our execute was possibly over nerfed?

what rly hurts is that you cannot cast it while moving anymore ...at least if they nerfed it they could have let it do that ... 

I think a lot of us are. At least all locks in my guild are. I'm sure it'll come to us soon, just feels horrible after playing it second nature for so long.

The old KJC was nice, but it was overpowered a bit.  I just jumped right in though and took AD over KJC.  Getting an extra DS in a fight is amazing imo.  KJC is good on the dino because you have to constantly chase him, but other than that I just use AD.  I have not noticed much of a difference in my dps using fel flame or life tap in movement.

I doubt they will give us Drain Soul back with KJC though.

Hello yesterday when i was making celestial cloth and this belt dropped. Is this good and worth to craft ?

Belt of the Night Sky

Also can you please help with trinket choice for affliction ?

spell_nature_chainlightning.jpgWushoolay's Final Choice

ability_hunter_focusedaim.jpgUnerring Vision of Lei Shen

spell_shadow_mindflay.jpgBreath of the Hydra

inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_07.jpgPurified Bindings of Immerseus

All of the trinkets are upgraded and for now using wushoolay and immerseus. But if you have another advice i will be happy to hear smile.png Thank you.

Edit: Alright belt didn't dropped i've learned recipe thanks Zagam :)

Edited by Damnation

The belt didn't "drop" persay.  You learned the recipe.  It takes 21 days to make.  Yes, it's a solid belt if you don't get one in 3 weeks.

For Aff, you should rock Wush and Bindings or Wush and UVLS.

• Like 1

The belt didn't "drop" persay.  You learned the recipe.  It takes 21 days to make.  Yes, it's a solid belt if you don't get one in 3 weeks.

For Aff, you should rock Wush and Bindings or Wush and UVLS.

I did mine past tuesday xD

• Like 1

WIth the ULVS nerf.

My trinkets are (no 5.4 ones yet)

ULVS

Wush

Hydra

the VP one whose name is escaping me.

Which two would you use for now? They are all 530.

Edited by Twinkielock

WIth the ULVS nerf.

My trinkets are (no 5.4 ones yet)

ULVS

Wush

Hydra

the VP one whose name is escaping me.

Which two would you use for now? They are all 530.

Wushy + Hydra

First post, long time reader:

I see fellow locks being advised to dump UVLS for Affliction due to nerf, if my 3 trinkets that I have are UVLS-Breath-Bindings, the solid choice would be Breath and Bindings, correct?

I could see UVLS being viable if you have good RNG, but it's too unpredictable to rely on it right?