FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

WOD BETA DISCUSSION w/SCREENSHOTS

I'm going 6.0 Demo because of mobility issues and my role.  I'll be going Haste = 16k (don't ask, I'm not telling), Mastery, then Crit.  I'll be using KTT and PBI.  And I'll be kicking lots of ass.

What? no you must spill your secret lol. 

There wouldn't be many Warlocks who would understand why I was using 16k even if I spelled it out.  In order to prevent confusion, it's my personal Haste amount and it makes no sense.

• Like 1

There wouldn't be many Warlocks who would understand why I was using 16k even if I spelled it out.  In order to prevent confusion, it's my personal Haste amount and it makes no sense.

See now I'm super curious

I have exactly 16,000 Haste rating from my gear.  It doesn't meet any traditional threshold.  It's kinda like my personal Haste threshold where I go and play with it and I'm like "eh, too fast" or "blah, too slow."  16k is my magic heaven.  It also does a neat thing with Imps (no Imp Swarm), Shadowflame, and Soul Fire.

First you have to get that ultra rare mega warforged PBI (maybe like 14k%-16k% amplification) to reach that 16K plateau after 6.0 because of the item squish.  I've only gotten is 10%, so I'll have to keep farming those SoO greater rifts.

• Like 1

First you have to get that ultra rare mega warforged PBI (maybe like 14k%-16k% amplification) to reach that 16K plateau after 6.0 because of the item squish.  I've only gotten is 10%, so I'll have to keep farming those SoO greater rifts.

I don't drink coffee.  And it's Monday morning.  Your comment just took me to the middle of Wednesday afternoon and back and I feel like I shit my pants. 

Wait, that's just confusion.  Can you drop me off from the crazy train?  I don't feel well.

• Like 1

16k is my magic heaven.  It also does a neat thing with Imps (no Imp Swarm), Shadowflame, and Soul Fire.

you mean where it makes your imps cast soul fire which leaves a shadowflame dot on the target

old news bro, been using that trick for years

Edited by Oldtrout

you mean where it makes your imps cast soul fire which leaves a shadowflame dot on the target

old news bro, been using that trick for years

No, the Imps come out and start talking to the Doomguard about why he's standing there.  The Doomguard goes on and on before breaking down in tears about how I don't treat him with respect and how I only use him when it's convenient for me.  At 16k Haste, they talk just fast enough to get him to open up but slow enough to make him think they actually care.  Doomguard then finds himself and manages to swap targets when his original target dies.

There, the cat's out of the bag.  Happy now?

The Doomguard stands there cause he feels guilty about locking the Infernal in the basement making players forget that he exists and also worries that he might get out a little in WoD. 

Edited by Hurtlocker

No, the Imps come out and start talking to the Doomguard about why he's standing there.  The Doomguard goes on and on before breaking down in tears about how I don't treat him with respect and how I only use him when it's convenient for me.  At 16k Haste, they talk just fast enough to get him to open up but slow enough to make him think they actually care.  Doomguard then finds himself and manages to swap targets when his original target dies.

There, the cat's out of the bag.  Happy now?

ROFL

The Doomguard stands there cause he feels guilty about locking the Infernal in the basement making players forget that he exists and also worries that he might get out a little in WoD. 

My Infernal knows I love him, but he is also mad that 99% of the reason I use him is to make Zag mad.

• Like 1

My Infernal knows I love him, but he is also mad that 99% of the reason I use him is to make Zag mad.

My infernal and I get along well, because unlike some warlocks I use him simply because I appreciate his awesomeness. The one that has issues with me is the succubus. I'm apparently "too sensitive" and "in need of a higher pain threshold".

The one that has issues with me is the succubus. 

Better then Zag's, who randomly likes to self rez herself after being sac'd on Blackfuse.

Better then Zag's, who randomly likes to self rez herself after being sac'd on Blackfuse.

I dunno, a self-rezing hooker sounds pretty good to me.

No, I do not condone violence against hookers. 

Hey, news from the patch front.

• Item - Warlock T17 Demonology 2P Bonus Hand of Gul'dan now has 1 additional maximum charge, and Corruption has a 4% 2% chance to generate 1 charge of Hand of Gul'dan when dealing damage.

Looks fair to nerf the proc chance. Did some math and even with 0 Haste and a 2 % chance we have 0,6 PPM on ST.

Cataclysm in AoE would be too crazy with a 4% proc chance and the consequently heightened uptime of the 4pc. 

Besides, Shadow Burn remains mananeutral. They see the matter different.

The nerf to the proc is fine because it works on all the present Corruptions applied.  No one is using Cataclysm with Demonbolt being so good.  If a fight was purely AoE, I'd think you'd play Destruction with FnB Chaos Bolts.

Shadowburn will be hotfixed eventually - no way it can remain that way.  Otherwise, we just use Chaos Bolt in execute and all is fine.

I'm going to love when the Shadowburn Hotfix comes, and we hear from Celest that there was a glitch in their system again, since they claim to not be seeing people go OOM with Shadowburn as is.

Besides, Shadow Burn remains mananeutral. They see the matter different.

Considering their 180 with Demonology supernerf (which is what they "were seeing") then superbuff (woopsy!) , I'm expecting either 300% mana regen increase or them simply removing Destro's mana bar and all our mana costs :p

• Like 1

For Destro I think they should consider:

- Buff Gosac just a bit.

- Back again with Mana regen Shadowburn Or low manacost of incinerate and Rof by 10%.

- Increase damage of Incinerate by 10-15% and/or buff Charred remains to low Incinerate and Conflagrate dmg by 50% instead of 60%.

GoSac is already the best for Destruction - it needs modified none. 

Regular Incinerate doesn't need modified - the spec is inline with most others.  Demo is the outlier, not the norm.

Charred Remains doesn't highlight Incinerate or Conflagrate - it highlight's Chaos Bolt.

The problem with Incinerate dmg it's nowadays it's worth of using RoF on Single target and that sucks.

I see a lot of ppl saying that Gosac it's dps loss for Destro, I'll check that, sorry if I'm that wrong

GoSac is a DPS loss if you're using Charred Remains I believe.  It's currently the best for ST with Demonic Servitude or Cataclysm.  I agree that RoF shouldn't be in the rotation, but I don't think they'll buff Incinerate until it's good instead of nerfing RoF until it's bad.

GoSac is a DPS loss if you're using Charred Remains I believe.  It's currently the best for ST with Demonic Servitude or Cataclysm.  I agree that RoF shouldn't be in the rotation, but I don't think they'll buff Incinerate until it's good instead of nerfing RoF until it's bad.

That's sad because I think destro really should get a minor buffs, a incinerate one would be perfect mainly if comes with lower mana cost because the removal of Shadowburn mana-return thing.

Btw, Gosac + Demonic Servitude gave me a Blue-Screen brain error.

It gave me a bigger brain error because I'm mentally retarded in the morning at times.  DS + GoSupr, not GoSac.  Sorry.