FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

WOD BETA DISCUSSION w/SCREENSHOTS

Not without Demonbolt.  Check out the 6.0 Transition Guide I wrote.  It's more like Affliction does so little that you're forced to look elsewhere.

WTF is this...since we needed more nerfs and all

• Corruption Soul Shard generation proc rate now is 6%, down from 10%.

Affliction

• Nightfall Soul Shard generation proc rate now is 6%, down from 10%.

Affliction & Demonology

• Drain Life now restores 6% health, down from 9%.
  • Life Tap Restores [ 15% of Total Health ] mana. Warlock - Affliction & Demonology Spec. 15% of Total Health. Instant.

Destruction

• Ember Tap now heals 6.20% of your health, down from 13.6%

And as far as the other changes up to this point, its like they are saying, "It not that we don't want you guys to play Affliction or Destruction...but...um...we don't want you guys to play Affliction or Destruction".

I think it was Henry Ford who said, "You can play any warlock spec you want...as long as its Demonology".

• Like 2

The Nightfall one REALLY hurt.  This is the shit I'm talking about that looks like they're blowing it out their ass without understanding what they're doing.  They give us a perk while leveling that increases chance of Nightfall proccing by 5%.  Then they cut the baseline proc rate by 4% - so when it's all said and done, our proc rate is going from 10% to 11%.  WHOOPTEFUCKING DO!  On top of that, it MURDERS us for 6.0.  Adding a "perk" and removing it from baseline is silly.  It shows a clear incompentency when putting our class together.  If they want it to be a perk without hurting us, just make the leveling perk say "Nightfall now has a 1% increased chance to generate a Soul Shard."  It sounds awful - because it is.  /rant

Drain Life nerf needed to happen.  Duel a Warlock on PTR or beta - can't kill them if they fear you and start using Drain Life.  6% is fair.  Life Tap remains unchanged.  Ember Tap needed nerfed, but for the wrong reason.  It was overpowered because they gave us a talent that supercharged it!  Again, another instance of them taking something away because of an earlier gift.

Blizzard is the WORST gift giver ever.  They're like that shitty grandpa who gives you a gift on Christmas and takes it home when he leaves. 

I think it was Henry Ford who said, "You can play any warlock spec you want...as long as its Demonology".

I laughed. Then I cried.

• Like 1

Blizzard is the WORST gift giver ever.  They're like that shitty grandpa who gives you a gift on Christmas and takes it home when he leaves. 

I think it's more like the grandma who knits you really ugly and uncomfortable stockings, and then expects you to wear them.

The Nightfall one REALLY hurt.  This is the shit I'm talking about that looks like they're blowing it out their ass without understanding what they're doing.  They give us a perk while leveling that increases chance of Nightfall proccing by 5%.  Then they cut the baseline proc rate by 4% - so when it's all said and done, our proc rate is going from 10% to 11%.  WHOOPTEFUCKING DO!  On top of that, it MURDERS us for 6.0.  Adding a "perk" and removing it from baseline is silly.  It shows a clear incompentency when putting our class together.  If they want it to be a perk without hurting us, just make the leveling perk say "Nightfall now has a 1% increased chance to generate a Soul Shard."  It sounds awful - because it is.  /rant

Drain Life nerf needed to happen.  Duel a Warlock on PTR or beta - can't kill them if they fear you and start using Drain Life.  6% is fair.  Life Tap remains unchanged.  Ember Tap needed nerfed, but for the wrong reason.  It was overpowered because they gave us a talent that supercharged it!  Again, another instance of them taking something away because of an earlier gift.

They clearly don't give a fuck about pre-patches. They never have. It's a shitty design concept, but I'm less worried about how awful 6.0 will be than how awful level 100 will be.

I'm trying not to give a shit about 6.0 pre-patch, but it comes down to the fact my 10 man has to transition to 20 man.  So not only do we have to see fights in a new light, we have a ton of things to consider across the board.  I can't imagine SoO will be as it is today for us, which is faceroll.  It's either going to be lolwalkinthepark or a bit harder.  They'd have to put some intellectual design behind modifying it for 20 man mythic and I don't think they have the resources for such changes.  It also feels like they're not done, which is also pretty awful to deal with considering any theorycrafting or guides I want to do might completely be irrelevant the next day.

Yeah I'm not passing any judgement til I get to 100 and begin ploughing through the content. I'm still certain DB will get nerfed before WoD, and they still need to tune Servitude and actually make it work with Service.

Overall I'm feeling really jaded over the WoD beta. It's not just Warlocks either; tons of classes are pulling their hair out over unfinished talents and changes with only 6ish weeks to go before we hit live.

Overall I'm feeling really jaded over the WoD beta. It's not just Warlocks either; tons of classes are pulling their hair out over unfinished talents and changes with only 6ish weeks to go before we hit live.

It's not 6 weeks - it's sooner.  6 weeks is time to level, which any class/spec can do.  In 2 weeks, we're going to see 6.0 and have to deal with that.  This is my major frustration.  They shouldn't have announced the xpac to come out 11/13 - when they did, I was flabbergasted at how goudy they were with how fast they thought they could get shit done.  I expected December and I still think that woulda been the wise decision.  I hate when we're used as test dummies for 4 weeks before xpac goes live. 

Yeah sorry should have clarified. I meant that with PTR so close and the mess that blizzard is in, it's not worth my time getting too involved with specs that could potentially still see change before we hit live.

Is there anyway to test the new glyphs on beta? kinda wondering about new Life pact one. Also anyone else notice they took away the glyph to be a demon tank. I don't seem to have it in my list anymore. Which I feel is crap, as they should of not taking away that cool glyph

The glyph was only supposed to make you tankier, not a full tank. A bit like an Arms Warrior equipping a sword and board and switching to defensive stance.

Unfortunately, far, far too many people took this as a sign that Warlocks were to become (or should become) full tanks. MMO-C forums would have at least one new thread a week of "wtf why warlocks not tank yet" or "hey guys, new Warlock tanking ideas inside, please upvote on offical forumzz!", and as I understand it, the latter medium had threads created nearly every day.

It was a massive headache for Blizzard, who never intended us to become full tanks. Thus, the idiots who wouldn't let go of the pipe dream ruined it for those who simply enjoyed it for cosmetic/RP reasons or who liked to tank stuff like 5 mans or Flex for funsies.

And yes, you can test glyphs with level 100 premade characters.

• Like 2

The glyph was only supposed to make you tankier, not a full tank. A bit like an Arms Warrior equipping a sword and board and switching to defensive stance.

Unfortunately, far, far too many people took this as a sign that Warlocks were to become (or should become) full tanks. MMO-C forums would have at least one new thread a week of "wtf why warlocks not tank yet" or "hey guys, new Warlock tanking ideas inside, please upvote on offical forumzz!", and as I understand it, the latter medium had threads created nearly every day.

It was a massive headache for Blizzard, who never intended us to become full tanks. Thus, the idiots who wouldn't let go of the pipe dream ruined it for those who simply enjoyed it for cosmetic/RP reasons or who liked to tank stuff like 5 mans or Flex for funsies.

And yes, you can test glyphs with level 100 premade characters.

It would been cool to make Demo have a tank side, but I loved the glyph because it was cool.

Ah thanks, yeah not on 100 yet, will have to check that out.

If you want to be a tank, don't play a Warlock.  If you're playing a Warlock and want to be a tank, you're playing the wrong class.  Thank the high heavens that glyph is removed.  

The best part is that the morons that think that glyph makes warlocks OMG OP TANK MODE WE NEED TO BE TANKS aren't even good enough to actually do any tanking with it outside of 5 mans.

It wasn't JUST for cosmetics or RP! I used it in US race progression....once...for 5 pulls...but in the 5 pulls we got the kill!

Healers were having issues keeping everyone alive during week 1 HM Malk progression during the smash smash phase, that glyph made it so I took almost no damage during the phase and made the fight a lot easier on healers.

People that just scream and cry for something new or cool with no thought to the impact it will have on the game as a whole have killed most of the really fun things in the game over the years.

@Locky

Fair enough that there were legitimate uses for it. I recall people tanking Dark Shamans too downstairs. That was a waste of a Warlock though... Similar thing I did in ToT on Ji-Kun was tank the nest guardians with my Voidlord and Soul Link. That was interesting and a real achievement for my young self!

Still, stuff like that might have been possible again in WoD, you can thank the whiners that it won't...

• Like 1