FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

WOD BETA DISCUSSION w/SCREENSHOTS

Personally, in my humble opinion, I fear that the game will become easier on my behalf because I already know HOW to play Warlocks.  I'm sad that some complexity has come out because that's what I enjoyed doing every week - getting better at that.  With nothing to improve on other than executing fights better each week, there's not a lot going on for me.  This leaves me hoping and begging that the fights are absurdly difficult.  If content is cleared and specs aren't fun to play by maxing DPS, it's going to be difficult to stay interested.  This is my personal fear and opinion, just to reiterate that point.

• Like 4

I kind of feel like/hope that fights are going to be more interactive with all the emphasis theyre putting on pruning and mobility and such. Because the fights more often are just meh. I'm looking for bosses to be more active. Constantly doing things etc to fuck up your shit. Being more on the move/having to go, "ok this attack happens every so many seconds, do I have time for a demonbolt?" etc. 

They need to make the moves less predictable. Because on Immersius, all the movement is timed, protectors only move on specific instances, norushen - move out of the beam, sha - periodically spread, etc etc etc etc etc. You know when youre going to be standing and you know when you have to move. 

If bosses were psuedo like pvp where you never knew which of the boss's set abilities he was about to use, you knew what abilities he had and such but not exactly when he would use them and you just had to respond randomly. That'd be pretty sex.

Personally, in my humble opinion, I fear that the game will become easier on my behalf because I already know HOW to play Warlocks.  I'm sad that some complexity has come out because that's what I enjoyed doing every week - getting better at that.  With nothing to improve on other than executing fights better each week, there's not a lot going on for me.  This leaves me hoping and begging that the fights are absurdly difficult.  If content is cleared and specs aren't fun to play by maxing DPS, it's going to be difficult to stay interested.  This is my personal fear and opinion, just to reiterate that point.

You can always pick up boomkin.

Learn another spec and get just as bored?  Won't change anything with how I see things going.  I haven't found a class that's challenging aside from Feral Druid. 

what is this "CD" you guys kept referring to a page back that is getting removed? I don't see anything about a CD getting removed in the patch notes

what is this "CD" you guys kept referring to a page back that is getting removed? I don't see anything about a CD getting removed in the patch notes

Can you quote what you're referring to?

Nytemare has a few posts on page 21 where he says we are losing a CD, so that Dark Soul will be our only one. Can't say I'm sure what he's talking about either.

Nytemare has a few posts on page 21 where he says we are losing a CD, so that Dark Soul will be our only one. Can't say I'm sure what he's talking about either.

Does he have another CD on his bars that the rest of us don't? 

Synapse springs/lifebloom?

Relatively minor, whether they stay or are removed. 

• Like 2

My 10 minute cooldown that gives me less damage than a Chaos Bolt?  At this point, I'd rather him say sweet nothings to me while I raid and not do any damage. 

• Like 4

I think he means Doomguard because he has a hard on for Servitude, which causes you to lose the 10 minute cooldown.

CD removed are SS, Lifeblood, Summon Doomguard/Infernal (if you take Demonic Serv), but for Demo they have Imp Swam (might still be there), and Felguard/Wrathguard bladestorm ( I thought pet was losing it.) 

Now that copy character seems to work, just got my lock over so now I can play around and start learning Demo or whatever.

Edited by Nytemare

Pretty much everything you just said is misinformation.

Soul Shatter is not gone. Imp Swarm is not gone. Felstorm is... not gone! Lifeblood isn't even a Warlock cooldown. Neither is engineering gloves.

The only one you got right is Summon Doomguard and funnily enough that's the one I gave you.

I don't mean to be a dick but pretty much everything you have posted in the past few weeks has been wrong and it's getting tiring having to constantly correct stuff. I'm only saying this because when you state stuff as fact there is a chance that others will believe you and begin spreading that misinformation even further.

• Like 7

My 10 minute cooldown that gives me less damage than a Chaos Bolt?  At this point, I'd rather him say sweet nothings to me while I raid and not do any damage. 

Fel Flame is more useful so lets get rid of that instead of getting rid of a lackluster 10 min CD or fixing it (ability pruning decision making process).

Edited by Hurtlocker

Glyph currently is only viable because of shortness of fights making the 4 second penalty a non-loss in DPS.  During progression without outgearing anything to the point of trivializing fights, the sustained Imps for higher, more even DF generation will be welcomed. 

Glyphs were never intended to be DPS gains which is why we had Everlasting Affliction removed and Imp Swarm reduced.  IMO, Imp Swarm should have been a talent and never a glyph.  I doubt it'll be a DPS gain over normal Imps in WoD.

"My 10 minute cooldown that gives me less damage than a Chaos Bolt? At this point, I'd rather him say sweet nothings to me while I raid and not do any damage."

Oh baby! Doom guard got me so hot!!!!!

#talkdoomytome

Edited by Alphric

Glyph currently is only viable because of shortness of fights making the 4 second penalty a non-loss in DPS.  During progression without outgearing anything to the point of trivializing fights, the sustained Imps for higher, more even DF generation will be welcomed. 

Glyphs were never intended to be DPS gains which is why we had Everlasting Affliction removed and Imp Swarm reduced.  IMO, Imp Swarm should have been a talent and never a glyph.  I doubt it'll be a DPS gain over normal Imps in WoD.

You say shortness of fights, i say it still takes my guild 7 minutes every week to kill KKDS ^_^

You say shortness of fights, i say it still takes my guild 7 minutes every week to kill KKDS happy.png

In that case, such a glyph would be worthless to you. In general, fights are very short now, especially with how much everyone out gears them. Anyone working on or farming Garrosh has 20 item levels over the gear level intended for the fight as progression. Fights that took 6 or 7 minutes with a 560 item level are now sub-3minute fights for a lot of guilds.

"My 10 minute cooldown that gives me less damage than a Chaos Bolt? 

I've used the Infernal for almost every fight for two months now. Mostly because I like him and the damage gain/loss is to small for me to care at this point, partly because it makes Zag mad.

• Like 1

It's almost like they should just make the doom/fernal a baseline pet and replace servitude. Or tune it up. Has it been raised to Celestelons attention that our cd demon sucks hairy anus? Is it too late? He probably is callous towards our truth atm so it may not even matter lol.

Pretty much everything you just said is misinformation.

Soul Shatter is not gone. Imp Swarm is not gone. Felstorm is... not gone! Lifeblood isn't even a Warlock cooldown. Neither is engineering gloves.

The only one you got right is Summon Doomguard and funnily enough that's the one I gave you.

I don't mean to be a dick but pretty much everything you have posted in the past few weeks has been wrong and it's getting tiring having to constantly correct stuff. I'm only saying this because when you state stuff as fact there is a chance that others will believe you and begin spreading that misinformation even further.

I never ever said Soul Shatter, I said SS referring to Springs from Eng, also never said CD I were talking about were lock only.

Edited by Nytemare

Doing some testing tonight - feel free to join Mumble or check the stream. 

Discovery - Terrorguard is now Multistriking.  Didn't observe that before (using Demonic Servitude atm)

• Like 1