FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gnar

Heroic Garrosh - Havoc Fail

Yep we have the same setup Zag. We have one DPS with procs solo the first engi and I solo the second to make sure uptime on boss for first add pack is high because I melt them and this won't complicate gateway movement. It's working very well for us. And yes, maximizing Havoc is key. On a fight like Protectors I use it on CD and just keep attacking what I Havoc'd until I get the ember/procs I want so I dont ever lose time on it. 20sec was a rough guess and probably not accurate since I've pulled him like maybe 20 times.

Even the macro work around is not 100% guaranteed to work. You can not spam it, and you also have to have incredibly good latency. I ran into issues even with the macro and having my havoc sbs not being copied, and I have 12 MS, so I just hard cast every thing now and have not looked back.  

Yep we have the same setup Zag. We have one DPS with procs solo the first engi and I solo the second to make sure uptime on boss for first add pack is high because I melt them and this won't complicate gateway movement. It's working very well for us. And yes, maximizing Havoc is key. On a fight like Protectors I use it on CD and just keep attacking what I Havoc'd until I get the ember/procs I want so I dont ever lose time on it. 20sec was a rough guess and probably not accurate since I've pulled him like maybe 20 times.

I u guys have an Ele Shaman or other good Off-healer i really recommend going for 1heal this fight.

Make it a lot easier without a 2nd ENG and 2nd Intermission.

If I do Garrosh, I don't even put Havoc on the boss in P1. I throw it on weapons, TBH. When the first weapon comes out, I throw it on that and get ready to AOE the adds as they come in. When they're low, it's still up to start copying Shadowburns onto weapon to at the very least shrink it until its burnable. Leftover charges get used on the boss. When it comes up again, we're still working on the second adds and the second weapon, so I just do the same thing with it.

In P2, I use it for extra embers to help us push more comfortably. When we get the Empowered Whirling Corruption in P3, I use it again on whatever weapons are out there so that I dump before we run out and refill while we're out there handling adds/being out at ranged to reduce damage. P4 there's nothing to use it on.

While he's progressing, especially in 10-man, there's really not much advantage to being able to skip the second engineer. Odds are they need to focus the boss enough anyway that letting the second one happen is useful to kill the adds so they can spend less damage on them and more on said boss. Skipping the second intermission really isn't that huge. Sure, it reduces the number of Empowered Whirling Corruptions they'll have to deal with, but really if you can't handle them all correctly you're probably wiping a lot even on the first one. Even if they get the second transition, they can go in and just sit at the front if they do enough DPS across the board.

Even with Shaman CDs, I wouldn't want to go to solo-healing that fight. Too much risk and stress on that one healer than there is reward for it, IMO. Just a matter of opinion, though.

Edit: Yes, I do use a focus macro for Havoc. Shadowburn is the one that's on mouseover for ease.

On the subject of solo tank vs solo heal, I strongly recommend solo tanking this fight.

We did progress with 2 tanks and 2 healers, but the offtank really didn't do much. Having him go back to DPS not only increased his DPS by 200k, but also meant the main tank was able to push out an absurd amount of damage too.

We found it actually made the fight easier.

It would definitely make it easier for the fight and our group has a more than capable druid tank and paladin healer for the job.  Problem is that our other tank and healer cannot DPS for shit so as a team, we found it best to keep everyone involved.

We run a 14 man roster, so if we get to Gary with some extra time, it wouldn't be a bad choice.  Our OT isn't just for show, though - as a Paladin, he has a lot of external CDs ready for our bear.  Without them, I'd be worried of a bad death.  2T/2H for us is giving us 9 minute kills, can almost skip 2nd engineer, and we always skip 2nd transition.  He barely lives past the 4th Malice in P4.  I don't think we need to change anything.

For progression sake, do what's most comfortable.  You're going to put some attempts in, so do what feels best.  Nothing worse than switching strategies 100 pulls in.

Yeah the thing that benefited us the most was that it was our Ret pala who was playing off-tank when my guild reformed, so once we had the first kill done and realised how superfluous the second tank was, it was an easy transition to say "just got back to Ret". Still has all the same cooldowns afaik, so it was a non factor.

That, and the fact that our main tank is an OP prot warrior.

On a related note, it's this kind of stuff that makes farm a bit more interesting. Since going 25 man, on top of solo tanking Garrosh, our prot warrior now also solo tanks Immerseus and Protectors, and will likely do Iron Juggernaut too once he's back from holidays.

Similarly we started tanking Dark Shamans together and all that jazz.

Definitely keeps things fun as we look towards another 4-5 months of SoO :)

For progression sake, do what's most comfortable.  You're going to put some attempts in, so do what feels best.  Nothing worse than switching strategies 100 pulls in.

Ha, funny you should say that.  We had some real roster trouble around HThok timing and it was hard to put together a solid healing unit while two tanking. after about 250 pulls of misery, our warrior DC'd and we had a small 15 min window of opportunity to one tank it.  3 shot it...